• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Jim, do you perhaps have an idea for a location for us to meet/talk/sing/fight?

By the sound of that, the SCUMM bar seems the place...

True! Except that bar is in Bristol. cheesy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't be in London on the 10th. Several things have come together - including costs - that means that I've elected to pass on the meeting.

Hope everyone that can make it enjoys the gathering - and for those lucky enough to be going, the concert.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010
    Ooooohhhh. sad
    That's a proper shame, Alan.
    It's been too long.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, that's too bad, Alan. I was hoping to meet up with as many of you regulars as possible! sad
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2010 edited
    Bad news from me too, some important stuff which I need to be at home for means I won't be coming either. slant
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Bad news from me too, some important stuff which I need to be at home for means I won't be coming either. slant

shocked

Oh no....you were one of my "highlights", if I could say that, Tim. We've been "internet pals" for more than a decade, but never met, so I was hoping this was THE chance....

sad

Oh well, I know you have your priorities straight, so I'm sure you have your reasons.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I may have been a bit rash in that statement, it's not the end yet and I may be able to make it up for the day next Saturday?

I'll keep you informed, I'll know by this evening exactly where I stand for next weekend.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    I may have been a bit rash in that statement, it's not the end yet and I may be able to make it up for the day next Saturday?

I'll keep you informed, I'll know by this evening exactly where I stand for next weekend.

Good! Still hope in a "hanging thread", as we say over here.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    This doesn't help me to get less easier annoyed. slant angry

Very disappointing. But well.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    In a bad mood today Bregt? Anything we can do to help??
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Well, Looza's going belly-up, apparently... (35 lay-offs yesterday...)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Does that mean that to save Bregt we'll have to think the unthinkable....and save Looza Ace?
  2. Sorry guys. sad

There's also this potential rail strike 4-9th April that could make matters worse for the 10th.

Definitely another time.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If I can get there that'll mean the ruddy coach crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I just realised Alan and Timmer must be joking! It's Aprils Fools Day!
    Kazoo
  3. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Sorry guys. sad

There's also this potential rail strike 4-9th April that could make matters worse for the 10th.

Definitely another time.

Looks like the rail strike won't happen.
  4. Bregt wrote
    I just realised Alan and Timmer must be joking! It's Aprils Fools Day!

You are correct that it is April Fools Day today but unfortunately I'm not pulling your leg.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    sad
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    If Alan or myself had come up with an 'April fool' I think it would have been a bit more elaborate than just 'we can't be there'.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote
    In a bad mood today Bregt?

A bit. I find it frustrating that when there's a plan, that some people leave options open and see until the very end what to do before deciding, instead of saying that he/she surely will attend, and just don't leave the possibly open for perhaps maybe something might come in between.

Happens often when I try to organise something, and I'm not aiming at you and Alan, I'm sure you have your reasons, but the past months it was a lot like that in my ... euhm life. I'm sure it's just all a coincidence, but sometimes it makes me really annoyed. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Go throw a rock into the sea and pretend that rock is everything that's troubling you.
    It works quite well until you realise it was just a rock you threw into the sea.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Perhaps don't touch my balls very much today.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I dunno, that sort of thing tends to reduce stress.

You can't afford me in case you were wondering.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Perhaps.

I have no sea though, let alone a lake or pond nearby. sad cry
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well... you could always just throw a rock at someone you don't like? Not that I'm condoning that sort of behavior of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    Perhaps don't touch my balls very much today.

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  5. sad to hear that Timmer and Alan won't be joining us shame
    luckily I know there are many more occassions where we shall meet in the future, so until the next time guys beer
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010
    This is a potential meeting location -
    http://www.thequeensarmskensington.co.uk/

Pubs near the RAH are few and far between. It might be worthwhile meeting up somewhere further west (towards Kensington High Street) and making our way over to the RAH later for the concert.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Aha!

That's a good stop because we need the Picadilly line. I know the area a bit as we stayed in Kensington last time.

Alan and Timmer, wouldn't it be possible to just stay during the day without the costs of a sleepover.

We arrive in London around 11AM, so you can stay at least half a day I think?
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's what I'm hoping to do Bregt! smile