• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote
    In a bad mood today Bregt?

A bit. I find it frustrating that when there's a plan, that some people leave options open and see until the very end what to do before deciding, instead of saying that he/she surely will attend, and just don't leave the possibly open for perhaps maybe something might come in between.

I know, dear boy, and I empathize. sad
    The issue is that we are many, from different walks of life, different countries and different ages.
    In short: many of us are on very different roads that at times cross on this wonderful forum.

But RL is very different: there are children to consider, health issues, mortgages, dedicated relationships, money problems, work-related things... It's not like those time at Uni (or something) when we were all the same age, done with our exams on the same day and therefore could go party at the exact same schedule!

I find myself frustrated with these things even when dealing with my closest friends!
    Things tend to be far more ad-hoc now, with clear and continuous cost-benefit analyses right up to the last minute! (Especially in cases like these where a LOT of hassle, organization and cost is concerned).

So yeah, I too will keep my options open until the very last minute, as I have little choice.
    Work issues are already popping up that may completely jeopardize any plans I had for free time, and some unexpected (and very unfortunate) financial issues I couldn't possibly have planned for are already threatening my expenditure forecast for this month.

It's just how things go with a scattered rag-tag bunch of misfits (not to mention scum and villainy) like us.

So please don't take it personal. sad
    Everyone here (well, most everyone) is very happy and positive and glad towards everyone else here (well, almost everyone else here), and no practical issues are at any time interfering in that.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010 edited
    Martijn wrote
    But RL is very different: there are children to consider, health issues, mortgages, dedicated relationships, money problems, work-related things... It's not like those time at Uni (or something) when we were all the same age, done with our exams on the same day and therefore could go party at the exact same schedule!

True. I have almost no responsibilities in life. No family or kids, no job right now that will not let me do such things, ... So I definitely do not have the right to speak actually.

But when I go to all the trouble of coming to London, paying 77EUR for that, going through the trouble of the wrong/right hotel choice, getting some British pounds (I didn't knew it still existed shocked ), I somehow hoped it would trigger more battles against these responsibilities for once, because next time, these responsibilities will still be there. Next meeting will not come soon I think, unless we gather in Ubeda or Ghent (but no one comes to Ghent). But I will try to be there each time.

That may sound harsh, but you know that I understand you all. No hard feelings! I must say I was frustrated because of a combination of several things and events during the week. And reading the cancellation was a trigger to post this. shame

But still, the Belgian gang will meet Thor, Mark, Jim, John (the camera guy) and hopefully Steven, Anthony, Martijn, Timmer, Alan an the others I forget on Saturday afternoon! cheesy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2010 edited
    Bregt wrote

But when I go to all the trouble of coming to London, paying 77EUR for that

shocked 77euro? shocked
    What are you doing? Walking?
    shocked

You're probably going by train, aren't you?
    That's another thing: in the interest of time, I really have little choice but to take a plane... and I'm not even attending the concert. So I really need to carefully calculate this one.

I somehow hoped it would trigger more battles against these responsibilities for once, because next time, these responsibilities will still be there.

What can I say?
    That's life. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2010 edited
    Yup. Eurostar. Relatively cheap but still. I was trying to make it more dramatic.

I hope you manage! But let us know beforehand. Then i can bring an extra kazoo. wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2010
    Jim Ware wrote
    This is a potential meeting location -
    http://www.thequeensarmskensington.co.uk/

Pubs near the RAH are few and far between. It might be worthwhile meeting up somewhere further west (towards Kensington High Street) and making our way over to the RAH later for the concert.

About that Queen's Arms place....how much is a beer there, exactly? The site doesn't list any prices. Or is it pretty much the same throughout London?

Should we confirm this as the meet-up place, then? Before or after? Or both?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2010
    They have Leffe! Will probably cost a fortune though.
    Kazoo
  1. Bregt wrote
    They have Leffe! Will probably cost a fortune though.

at least it's worth a fortune wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. UPDATE:

For the people who are looking for a place to sleep around the concert should be interested to know that we have a vacant spot in a lovely (if far far away) hotel that we ordered. Considering the boyfriend of Elin (skating_lientje) can't make it, there is now a vacant spot in the hotel itself. Don't worry, if you don't want to spend a night with a total stranger, you can always sleep with Bregt, and I'll sleep in the same room as the stranger wink

Ps though, this does not mean that we have an extra ticket for the concert of Morricone, because the tickets were already purchased before the person would come along. So this means only the hotel (which is 28 pounds if you decide to stay with Bregt, or 34 if you decide to stay with Elin)

0nce again, this only includes the hotel chamber, not a ticket for the Morricone concert.

So, if anyone still wants to stay the night, let me know
    Alan, Timmer, Martijn?

Anyone?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2010 edited
    Does that mean we have a Eurostar ticket left as well?
    Kazoo
  3. Bregt wrote
    Does that mean we have a Eurostar ticket left as well?

yes, if Martijn wants to join us from then
    for the rest I'm sure it's pointless
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010
    Haha! You really don't want to bunk with me...I snore! sleep

Eurostar simply isn't an option for me: it's takes too much time and I'm too frigging busy. angry sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2010 edited
    Snoring is no problem. It's just one night. Who says we'll sleep anyway, since Thor is with us.

In any case, Saturday I will hand out the first official MainTitles Gadget!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Bregt wrote
    In any case, Saturday I will hand out the first official MainTitles Gadget!

WANT!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Does it vibrate?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I just know it'll only run under some sort of weird Linux distribution on an iPhone. slant

tongue

wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote
    Does it vibrate?

Yes. Mostly.

Martijn wrote
    I just know it'll only run under some sort of weird Linux distribution on an iPhone. slant

tongue It's analog.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Here's the program for the event: http://www.atpfestival.com/newsview/1003301400.php

ICARO SECONDO

SCATTERED SHEETS:
    H2 S
    Il Clan Dei Siciliani
    Metti Una Sera a Cena
    Uno Che Grida Amore (From the film: Metti Una Sera a Cena)
    Coma Madalena (From the film: Maddalena)

THE MODERNITY OF MYTH IN SERGIO LEONE'S CINEMA:
    The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - Titles
    Once Upon A Time In The West
    A Fistful Of Dynamite
    The Good, The Bad And The Ugly - The Ecstacy Of Gold

----

TRE ADAGI

NOSTROMO

TRIBUTE TO MAURO BOLOGNINI:
    Per Le Antiche Scale
    L'eredita' Ferramonti

MISSION:
    Gabriel's Oboe
    Falls
    On Earth As It Is In Heaven

Looks really great, especially with "Nostromo", so I'm very envious of you guys. The programme is kinda what I expected, except that there isn't any of the difficult thriller stuff he usually includes. I don't know what "Icaro secondo" is though, so it's probably one of his non-film score pieces, so be prepared that it might be a difficult listen. After that though, there's only melodic bliss.

"Tre adagi" might be "Deborah's theme", "Addio monti" and "Vatel", though I'm not sure.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ecstasy of Gold! punk
    Kazoo
  4. This weekend is a now definite "NO" for me unfortunately.

I did have some small hope that things would work out and that I could get there at the last minute. But things - mainly monetary - haven't really worked out. A family holiday is now on the cards and we have to prioritise this above other, personal, holidays that would be nice to have.

Sorry all - and to Bregt in particular for being so positive about this gathering early on.

Hope you all enjoy the gathering.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  5. wow, the program looks great
    can't wait smile

yet sad you can't make it Alan sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ok! sad

Hopefully next in Ubeda or Ghent then. I have enough of the gadgets. wink
    Kazoo
  6. Bregt wrote
    Ok! sad

Hopefully next in Ubeda or Ghent then. I have enough of the gadgets. wink

I'm curious about these gadgets smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Will they allow inter-dimensional scrabble?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Well, we need to be with a group to make it have an effect. smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    So it needs to achieve critical mass?
    I'm slightly concerned.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Image not accessible.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Apparently it "expired"? confused

Anyway, fixed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Since I'm not attending, I kinda hope that you guys will take some pictures, so I can see what I've missed out on.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    plindboe wrote
    Since I'm not attending, I kinda hope that you guys will take some pictures, so I can see what I've missed out on.

Peter smile

Seconded.

I was also hoping for a nice romantic angle between two of the attendees but Thomas' post just squashed all hopes of that.

BTW Peter, I thought this would have been a great opportunity for you to take your gf along to a Morricone concert.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    BhelPuri wrote
    BTW Peter, I thought this would have been a great opportunity for you to take your gf along to a Morricone concert.

It would indeed, BP. smile We seriously considered it just a few weeks ago, but at the time it was too late to get tickets in the arena, close to Ennio, and we ended up deciding not to go. It's so essential ordering the tickets early, and I kick myself daily for not doing so. It was a very difficult decision to make, and I hope I'll get to see Ennio another time, otherwise I'll kick myself the rest of my life.

Peter