• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2010 edited
    So...as I will not have internet access after tomorrow evening, should we nail some times? It would be best if someone with local knowledge would do the planning, as I have no idea about what is where or how long it takes from A to B, but I see that no one has taken any initiative yet.

BEFORE THE CONCERT:

Should we confirm The Queens Arms Kensington as the meeting place?

The concert starts at 19:30. I reckon we should be there 19:00 at the latest. I don't know how long it takes to walk from QAK to RAH, but half an hour? So how about we meet at 16:00 or 16:30 or thereabouts? If I have the "day off" completely from my friends, I can meet up earlier for a picnic or whatever.

AFTER THE CONCERT:

I guess it's pretty easy to find a pub or club with good atmosphere in the evening (let's say the concert ends at about 21:30), so we could all agree on something together - especially if we have someone with local knowledge with us.

I realize there are some who will only be there for the day and who will return perhaps even BEFORE the concert (Timmer?), so if that's the case, it would be great to know, so that I can get some time with them accordingly.

PLEASE....some constructive feedback here, guys!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeApr 7th 2010
    I will need to trail behind: I have Bregt's phone number though, so I'll find you guys if and when I'll be able to make it (provided Bregt is able to keep up! No pressure! wink )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Does it vibrate?

An essential question!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Now that I know where I stand ( personal circumstances ), I will be coming but it will only be for the day.

I look forward to again meeting those I've met and those I have yet to. beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt, what happened my friend? anything serious? ( i am talking about the ball-busting situation), hope it's over!

As for the issue here, i wholeheartedly agree with Martijn.

I am dying to attend each year (Ghent and the rest, not the off-the-map wild wild spanish adventure that is Ubeda however) but unfortunately truth is i still can't afford it, damn my student / shamefully pitiful greek salaries status. The plane tickets in and out of Greece are insane. But i am confident that this company will last for years, and the time will come that i'll stop studying (freezing) but will be able to afford such events! I am seriously in envy each and every year, but glad some people are enjoying it (and i am enjoying the photos much, i have to say!).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Now that I know where I stand ( personal circumstances ), I will be coming but it will only be for the day.

I look forward to again meeting those I've met and those I have yet to. beer

That's awesome that I hopefully get at least a "glimpse" of you, Tim! Will you be heading home when the rest of us go off to concert, or will you be waiting for us with those that are not to attend the concert, for a few beers afterwards? If you're planning to return earlier in the day, I'll have to make the arrangements accordingly.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's very likely that I'll be leaving early evening, about 8.00 pm.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    It's very likely that I'll be leaving early evening, about 8.00 pm.

OK, goodbyes before the concert departure, then.

I'm all for pushing the meeting to earlier in the day, although I obviously can't begin the boozing at 13 in the afternoon. smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    I obviously can't begin the boozing at 13 in the afternoon. smile

13?
    That's late.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer is joining! punk punk punk punk punk punk cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Martijn wrote
    You don't have my phone number you said last week. wink

That's why I have it now!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Euhm. You commented and removed my post Martijn! shocked sad
    Kazoo
  1. Bregt wrote

and it was such a long post as well shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ok, since Martijn by accident removed my message, I'll try to repeat again. A pity I had Lazarus plugin for Firefox not yet installed.

BEFORE THE CONCERT:
    Should we confirm The Queens Arms Kensington as the meeting place?

Good for me! Not sure what the others want, but I' sure it's a good place to start.

The concert starts at 19:30. I reckon we should be there 19:00 at the latest. I don't know how long it takes to walk from QAK to RAH, but half an hour?

Not so far indeed when looking at Google Maps.

So how about we meet at 16:00 or 16:30 or thereabouts? If I have the "day off" completely from my friends, I can meet up earlier for a picnic or whatever.

Isn't that a bit late? I'd suggest 2 or 3PM. Also, the Belgian gang arrives around 9:30 AM, but I suppose we will not get to the city centre before noon. If you want to have dinner Thor, let us know. Perhaps we can meet at a more recognizable tourist spot.

AFTER THE CONCERT:
    I guess it's pretty easy to find a pub or club with good atmosphere in the evening (let's say the concert ends at about 21:30), so we could all agree on something together - especially if we have someone with local knowledge with us.

Jim will lead the way!

I'll bring my camera. I hope some other people too.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote

shocked
    Oh shit!!!

I did an Edit rather than a Quote???
    I'm sorry, man!!!

shame shame shame shame shame shame

I never even noticed either. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt wrote
    Ok, since Martijn by accident removed my message, I'll try to repeat again. A pity I had Lazarus plugin for Firefox not yet installed.

It has saved me sooooo many times.
    Definitely worth a little contribution!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yes indeed. I had to turn it off for a Beta of Firefox some time ago and never activated it again.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ok, Jim sent a meeting proposal.

We could meet at High Street Kensington (District/Circle line) at 1pm, grab some lunch and occupy ourselves for a couple of hours before heading over to....

The Queen's Arms for 4pm (it's ten minutes away from the RAH at most) - just don't play any Lord of the Rings music loudly - we were told off for that last year!

I say we choose this, and see what happens afterwards since not everyone might get there at 1PM. Is that good for you Thor and Timmer?

For people arriving later, sent me your phone number. Thanks!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Your level of organisation and planning scares me just a little bit, I have to admit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    It's just a meeting place and time? What's "high level" in that? It's not even my proposal. dizzy
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Exactly. A meeting place and a time. (It's scary to me anyway... I don't even plan what I'm going to eat for dinner.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Yeah. Scary isn't it.

I could have hoped that we just meet in London, but I just wanted to specify where exactly, so that, whenever something happened on the way, this place would receive flowers and an MT logo on a cross.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    Ok, Jim sent a meeting proposal.

We could meet at High Street Kensington (District/Circle line) at 1pm, grab some lunch and occupy ourselves for a couple of hours before heading over to....

The Queen's Arms for 4pm (it's ten minutes away from the RAH at most) - just don't play any Lord of the Rings music loudly - we were told off for that last year!

I say we choose this, and see what happens afterwards since not everyone might get there at 1PM. Is that good for you Thor and Timmer?

For people arriving later, sent me your phone number. Thanks!

Sounds good to me. If I can't make it to the 1pm, I'll join at Queens Arms for 4 pm. Most likely, though, I'll make the 1pm.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Bregt wrote

It has saved me sooooo many times.
    Definitely worth a little contribution!

Oh, interesting? What is it ? Never heard about it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    Bregt wrote
    Lazarus plugin for Firefox

Oh, interesting? What is it ? Never heard about it!

Yeah you did.
    You even commented.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I actually didn't read all that....i just looked at the mass of your plugins and commented on that, their amount and number smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    High Street Kensington is a relatively big station. You need to be more specific. tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010 edited
    Steven wrote
    Your level of organisation and planning scares me just a little bit, I have to admit.

Perhaps the level of organisation has something to do with the shitload of money people pay to get there for just a couple of hours to meet... is that so hard to understand?
    slant

I read about the extra ticket... it is tempting, but my sister is moving this weekend and I still haven't finished my stuff for school and... it is a lot of money and... bleh, why is it always so tempting, it sounds like fun, but I'm afraid I can't.
    smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Anthony wrote
    High Street Kensington is a relatively big station. You need to be more specific. tongue wink

Are you ironic or serious? If the latter, where would you suggest inside the station? I'm not familiar with the place.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2010 edited
    Bregje wrote
    Steven wrote

Perhaps the level of organisation has something to do with the shitload of money people pay to get there for just a couple of hours to meet... is that so hard to understand?
    slant

Yeah, that's a reason too. But Steven lives close and isn't able to join, so that's not really important for him as he can join in at whatever time. (if he'd been able, he should have!)

I read about the extra ticket... it is tempting, but my sister is moving this weekend and I still haven't finished my stuff for school and... it is a lot of money and... bleh, why is it always so tempting, it sounds like fun, but I'm afraid I can't.
    smile

You have to! You did it last minute last time too. It was awesome. wink
    Kazoo