• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    when it's played only the rythm it's like Conan with electric guitars and it makes me HOT.

uhm

Let. The sleeping dog. Lie.

It's conan rythm. Pardon me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    RAMIN DJAWADI - Clash of the titans

Contains some interesting ideas

shocked

I remember there was something close to a main theme in the movie (yes, yes, I paid 7.60€....) but I've totally forgotten it.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    WAH-WAH
    Such an overlooked gem. If anyone else, more "prominent" than Doyle that score it'd become an instant favorite for everyone. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Is it as in-your-face as Frankenstein?

No, no relation. It's very broad, string-driven and melodic.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Never mind Frakenstein, this is the comment that has truly baffled me:

KevinSmith wrote
    The Shawshank Redemption - Thomas Newman

It goes with the other Thomas Newman scores I've listened to, nice but nothing special.

dizzy

Admittedly most of the album is probably a bit slow, especially if you haven't seen the film. But it's worth having if only for the last three tracks.

Ah, I see he edited it after my reply ( He'd just started to listen to it ), obviously the man is a CRAZY, I suggest he go forth and watch the film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

KevinSmith wrote

It goes with the other Thomas Newman scores I've listened to, nice but nothing special.

dizzy

Admittedly most of the album is probably a bit slow, especially if you haven't seen the film. But it's worth having if only for the last three tracks.

That, angels in america, road to perdition, meet joe black and american beauty are some of the top moments in his career. Stunning, heartfelt themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    RAMIN DJAWADI - Clash of the titans

Contains some interesting ideas

shocked

I remember there was something close to a main theme in the movie (yes, yes, I paid 7.60€....) but I've totally forgotten it.

I'd never recommend the whole album and of course i'd never pay to watch the movie, as i didn't of course. But those 3-4 opening Zimmer-esque pieces are in a quite good, albeit completely unoriginal way. I'd like to listen to those again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    No, no relation. It's very broad, string-driven and melodic.

Hm. Hmmmmm. Hm.
    Well.
    OK.
    I'll give it a try.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Star Trek Deluxe Edition (Giacchino)

WOW!!!!!!

there is Much more music that I remembered from the film! 12 minutes from "volcan" sequence!

"hangar management" with all the main themes in a playful form is delicious. And some action/suspense stuff with a little bit of Speed Racer touch are cool too!

Of course it's not cuthroad island complete, but he have more from nero's theme (highly addictive) and more from the federation march. It's a more coherent and complete listen.

Now this is the score of the summer, the past and the present punk punk punk punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Good score that is but i can hardly listen to the whole thing as it is on the official release. Too repetitive. But some great tracks in there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

KevinSmith wrote

dizzy

That, angels in america, road to perdition, meet joe black and american beauty are some of the top moments in his career. Stunning, heartfelt themes.

I haven't heard Angels Of America but I'm interested... which of those other four scores you mentioned (love them all!) is the most similar to it?
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    It's hard to say, Angels in America is possibly his most diverse score yet - a perfect showcase of his different styles. Utterly fantastic work though, my personal favourite from the composer.
  1. Danny Elfman - The Kingdom

I actually like that score. Very gritty, brutal, electronic, a very good work for the genre.

I haven't seen the film yet, but I do intend to.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    LSH wrote
    It's hard to say, Angels in America is possibly his most diverse score yet - a perfect showcase of his different styles. Utterly fantastic work though, my personal favourite from the composer.

Mine too. A stunning piece of work. I wonder if he'll ever write in that style again?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    LSH wrote

Mine too. A stunning piece of work. I wonder if he'll ever write in that style again?

Are you having scoreorgasms with Horner's Karate Kid, James?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Southall wrote
    LSH wrote

It seems it's the next Newman album I must listen. smile

NP: Kite Runner - Alberto Iglesias

I'm wondering why only one track called Reading The Letter is not placed in chronological order... confused

Really love this score itself, though. I've been playing this many times since I received it.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    LSH wrote

Are you having scoreorgasms with Horner's Karate Kid, James?

No.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    Ahhhhh, it's dawning on me... Doyle is Scottish!
    Let's see what Alan has to say on the matter.

I'm not Alan, but I got your back on Doyle's Frankenstein, Martijn! Fan-frickin-tastic score!

NP: Star Trek III: The Search for Spock - James Horner

Now THIS is how you do a deluxe edition soundtrack. Great score, brilliant remastering job (never knew there was a blaster beam that opened the Prologue), informative liner notes, the original album on disc 2, gorgeous packaging... PERFECTION!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Miya wrote
    It seems it's the next Newman album I must listen. smile

Do that! I couldn't recommend it enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Miya wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

KevinSmith wrote

dizzy

I haven't heard Angels Of America but I'm interested... which of those other four scores you mentioned (love them all!) is the most similar to it?

I'd not say it's any close to those scores; it's quite darker and awe-inspiring at places.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Miya wrote

NP: Kite Runner - Alberto Iglesias

I'm wondering why only one track called Reading The Letter is not placed in chronological order... confused

Really love this score itself, though. I've been playing this many times since I received it.

Very intimate, touching music with a soul. Love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PATRICK DOYLE's Frankenstein

Damn some people are nuts! punk
  2. Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    WAH-WAH
    Such an overlooked gem. If anyone else, more "prominent" than Doyle that score it'd become an instant favorite for everyone. It's absolutely gorgeous.

Is it as in-your-face as Frankenstein?

What do they say again - 'not... quite...' ?
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Danny Elfman - The Kingdom

I actually like that score. Very gritty, brutal, electronic, a very good work for the genre.

Finally, someone else who likes this. cool
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn wrote

I'm not Alan, but I got your back on Doyle's Frankenstein, Martijn! Fan-frickin-tastic score!

Now there's an unexpected confluence of opinion... wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn wrote

Count me in as Frankenstein-admirer. I think it's the very first Doyle I ever heard within the film and from then on I've loved his output from that period. Carlito's Way, Needful Things, and so on, they're all good.

NP: Star Trek III: The Search for Spock - James Horner

Now THIS is how you do a deluxe edition soundtrack. Great score, brilliant remastering job (never knew there was a blaster beam that opened the Prologue), informative liner notes, the original album on disc 2, gorgeous packaging... PERFECTION!

-Erik-

You said it man !!!! beer

When I have some time to spare, I'll go and listen to Khan & Spock the one after the other. Should be a 2 and a half hours well spent. I'll just push stop before that horrendous source cue begins.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Danny Elfman - The Kingdom

Finally, someone else who likes this. cool

Ooooooooooooooooooh the kiiiiiingdOOOM!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    PATRICK DOYLE's Frankenstein

Damn some people are nuts! punk

And some are fruits.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Cocoon - James Horner

In many ways, it's a precursor to many of Horner's drama scores of the late 1980s and early 1990s.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    KevinSmith wrote
    Cocoon - James Horner

In many ways, it's a precursor to many of Horner's drama scores of the late 1980s and early 1990s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGL4btEIoTo