• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010
    Timmer, very few composers come close as to what Barry makes me feel with his music. So sexy, nostalgic, dreamy and beautiful music in all of his string-led scores. I think you can safely say that you've added another Barry fan out there and it's done a long time ago now, but i haven't been revisited for a while. Now i started re-listening to Barry gems i have in my collection. Although i've still got a great road to go!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    There's that word again: nostalgic.

Are you feeling okay, Demetris? uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah.
    Whatever happened to "rare beauty"?

(Where is Stavi anyway?)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Are you implying that Stavi's a rare beauty?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Can't slip anything by you, can I, D.? wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I was playing : Peter Pan (JNH)

I was trying to enjoy it because this main is a really amazing composer. but the "Malice" theme and the "mickey mousing" really takes me out of the listening experience.

"flying", even being obviously too pop-ish, it's a fantastic piece.

NP:Heat (Goldenthal)

One of my favourites from this man.

The "final fantasy" moments (you know what I mean) are really fascinating. I love that soundscape!
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010
    Independence Day complete - David Arnold

Nothing more needs to be said.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2010 edited
    Guess what has arrived at my doorstep...

Star Trek III - Horner

punk punk punk punk punk

A much needed expanded treatment made this into a true holy grail that I've been waiting for many years to be released. The improved sound quality is a wonderful. Interesting to have the film versions as well the album version (which I grown so used to). It's all great in my book and to hear the previously unreleased material without sound effects is a revelation !

I've played the bar source cue first to get it out of the way never to be listened to again. vomit

Too bad none of you can see my happy face while listening and singing along to this amazing score. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  1. It's been really interesting for me also to hear the film versions after having gotten so used to the soundtrack versions - I had to put both version on my playlist!

I've not yet listened to the bar source music - I may keep that music just for the in-film experience.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. About the bar source, why 10 minutes of it when only about 3 minutes (or however long that scene is) exists in the film?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I was playing : Duplicity

Wow, this score is fucking cool!

That's why his friendship with Zimmer is good, because he become a little bit more crazy and elegant as always!

NP:Waterhorse (newton Howard)

I never liked celtic music until I visited Scotland. Now I love them!

This score is really magic!

"swiming" beer beer beer beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Water Horse James Newton Howard

A fine score, but I cut down and edit the album to make a better listen:

1. The Water Horse Main Titles/You Didn't Even Get Wet (edited together)
    2. Angus Feeds Crusoe
    3. The Workshop
    4. Naming Crusoe
    5. Ann
    6. Bathtub
    7. Driving To The Loch
    8. Run Angus
    9. The Fishermen
    10. Angus In Training
    11. There's No Monster/Saving Crusoe/The Net/The Jump/End Of The Story (edited together)
    12. Swimming (save the last till best)

44:13
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    KLAUS BADELT - rescue dawn

5 years ago i'd never have believed that such a refined and beautiful orchestral score would come out from someone in RC. Some cues are truly stunning.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It is a fine score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: A Nightmare on Elm Street - Steve Jablonsky

I can haz arpeggios? cheesy
    Yay!!!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    KLAUS BADELT - rescue dawn

5 years ago i'd never have believed that such a refined and beautiful orchestral score would come out from someone in RC. Some cues are truly stunning.

It's mindblowing. I even can forgive the fact the main theme is from Zimmer's the fan wink

NP:Road to Perdition (Newman)

another mind blowing score. My favourite from this composer without any doubt.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Battle Beyond the Stars James Horner

I'll probably get verbally shot down for this, but I prefer this to Krull. For me, aside from the wonderful themes and the far superior performances from the LSO, Krull can be a little too.... harsh (?) for my liking. I prefer the adventurous, swashbuckle of this score over the harsh, dissonance of Krull. (Pretty much why I MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer Khan over Search for Spock.)

The less-than-perfect-performances do add to the charm, but a re-recording wouldn't go amiss. I think it has one of Horner's greatest themes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote
    Battle Beyond the Stars James Horner

[blue]I'll probably get verbally shot down for this

No.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    At gun point(!) I would say Krull is the better score. But I do so prefer Battle Beyond The Stars. love
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    At gun point(!) I would say Krull is the better score. But I do so prefer Battle Beyond The Stars. love

:sigh:
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Braveheart - James Horner

It's always nice to return to a classic. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

:sigh:

Shut your face, that's why.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Hancock - John Powell

I love the theme for Will Smith's character and this expanded version really showcase the versatility of it. I hope that I'll be able to listen to the 2disc version one day. Will Varese or anyone release an official complete version, please? Guaranteed buyer here. wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote

I love the theme for Will Smith's character and this expanded version really showcase the versatility of it. I hope that I'll be able to listen to the 2disc version one day. Will Varese or anyone release an official complete version, please? Guaranteed buyer here. wave

or an expanded with alternates tracks.... wink Wich still doesn't appears the "superman" homenage
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Was: Toy Story 3 - Randy Newman

Positive first impressions. Seems much more coherent than the first two. Some really fun new themes. The Spanish version of You've Got a Friend In Me by the Gypsy Kings is deliciously good.

Now: The Karate Kid - James Horner

Just started. Looking forward to seeing how it goes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote

Oh....I know how it will go for you James...
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    lp wrote

or an expanded with alternates tracks.... wink Wich still doesn't appears the "superman" homenage

I could careless for the Superman homage. Though I do care for more John Powell music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You could care less? So you do care then?

I've never understood that saying.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    You could care less? So you do care then?

I've never understood that saying.

It's inexplicable. Impossible to understand.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote

Oh....I know how it will go for you James...

How do you think it went?