• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ah, come on admit it. Steven's your fantasy.

Of course.

A gore Fantasy.

Ah; i always knew you were into s&m wink

Aww, Jordi's so cute when he's angry. kiss
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Of course.

A gore Fantasy.

S&m?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It was an album Michael Kamen did with Metallica some years. I like it too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Of course.

A gore Fantasy.

S&m?

Yeah, you know. Softly and tenderly cuddling, kissing, jugging; all kinds of touchingly silky and smooth actions like this.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Np: The Edge (Complete) - Jerry Goldsmith

One of my all time favorite Goldsmith scores! I must watch this film again! Anyway, this complete release is fantastic! Great to have the crackles and pops in "Rescued" taken out!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Con Air (Mancina and Rabin)

Wild. really Wild.

Again. it remember me the years where I only was worried about How many electric guitars will be played in the scores. When I didn't know nothing about the music until I listen it in the movie. When i didn't know nothing about additionals...Innocence!!!!

While Zimmer defined the power anthems (Crimson tide, The Rock and king Arthur) Mancina defined the other side: Speed, Bad Boys, Fair Game (the next realease?), Speed 2 and Con Air.
    (I think Black Rain or Thelma and Louise plays in another league)

I wonder how much better (or not) the Con Air score would have been had Mark Mancina stayed on.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote

One of my all time favorite Goldsmith scores! I must watch this film again! Anyway, this complete release is fantastic! Great to have the crackles and pops in "Rescued" taken out!

-Erik-

Has everyone got their copy but me? I still haven't received mine yet, and I've always ordered on the release day. angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    It was an album Michael Kamen did with Metallica some years. I like it too.

I would have enjoy the whole music so much more WITHOUT the vocals, or just properly mixed.
  1. Paycheck - John Powell

(First listen) It took a few tracks to grab me, but what I'm hearing now is awesome!

I also heard his score for Pluto Nash today for the first time. It's good, too (that is perhaps an understatement)
  2. WP: Robin Hood by Marc Streitenfeld

boy, so simplistic, and the best parts are Transformers inspired all the way, man, why hire him if you can get real development and depth? pffff

NP: The Blind Side by Carter Burwell

it worked better in the film, despite the typical lovely moments
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    christopher wrote
    Paycheck - John Powell

(First listen) It took a few tracks to grab me, but what I'm hearing now is awesome!

I also heard his score for Pluto Nash today for the first time. It's good, too (that is perhaps an understatement)

Paycheck deserve a complete score. Heck most of John Powell's score needs either an expanded or complete release to fully realize their awesomeness...

Re Pluto Nash: Did you listen to the 15minutes version or the 30minutes promo?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    WP: Robin Hood by Marc Streitenfeld

boy, so simplistic, and the best parts are Transformers inspired all the way, man, why hire him if you can get real development and depth? pffff

The most boring Ridley Scott/medieval/Robin Hood score ever.

I liked the movie, and I thought that the music was quite lovely. Haven't heard it in album form however, though I'll pass.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Of course.

A gore Fantasy.

S&m?

Sparks & Mencers
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lp wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

That guy had so many chances and he blew everyone of them.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. lp wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

The most boring Ridley Scott/medieval/Robin Hood score ever.

I liked the movie, and I thought that the music was quite lovely. Haven't heard it in album form however, though I'll pass.

Robin Hood is so bland, and so void

The Blind Side is a wonderful film, and Burwell's score is typically him, but there's not really a moment that called out to me in the film, and the listen now confirms this, a lovely effective score, nothing more
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    That guy had so many chances and he blew everyone of them.

Just wait until he screws over the score to the new Alien movie. vomit
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    NP: Shadows of the Empire - Joel McNeely, Alice in Wonderland - Danny Elfman, Prince of Persia - Harry Gregson Williams, Matchstick Men - Hans Zimmer

The first three choices range from good to very good, with the last entry being somewhat disappointing...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : FIRST KNIGHT - Jerry Goldsmith

Absolutely superb.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    lp wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Has everyone got their copy but me? I still haven't received mine yet, and I've always ordered on the release day. angry

Is there a realease of Complete The Edge? shocked
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes, on La La Land records.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Say that on almost any other forum, and they'd think you were taking the piss.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Say that on almost any other forum, and they'd think you were taking the piss.

Hmmm? kinda appropriate in a reply to Jordi don't you think? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I don't think any reply's appropriate for Jordi! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010
    I wonder how many medieval instruments of torture Jordi's been sharpening in the hope you'll visit Spain soon. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    I wonder how many medieval instruments of torture Jordi's been sharpening in the hope you'll visit Spain soon. wink

A lot
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. lp wrote
    christopher wrote
    Paycheck - John Powell

Paycheck deserve a complete score. Heck most of John Powell's score needs either an expanded or complete release to fully realize their awesomeness...

Re Pluto Nash: Did you listen to the 15minutes version or the 30minutes promo?

I didn't pay attention to the time. There were 9 tracks.

NP - Breakout - Jerry Goldsmith

Fairly unremarkable music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote

A lot

I'll take that as a compliment! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2010 edited
    NP : EMPIRE OF THE SUN - John Williams

Some things in life are amongst the greatest of mysteries, black holes, folding space, the building of the pyramids, Jordi, and why I haven't played this fantastic score more often.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Timmer wrote
    NP : EMPIRE OF THE SUN - John Williams

Some things in life are amongst the greatest of mysteries, black holes, folding space, the building of the pyramids, Jordi, and why I haven't played this fantastic score more often.

biggrin

All baffling mysteries to ask God himself one day!
    • CommentAuthorredgrange
    El-Cid -- Rozsa (Tadlow Recording)

I bought this in November, and I'm still listening to the whole thing at least once a week.

If this was an LP, The Barn - Love Theme/For Spain!/Farewell/The El Cid March would have been worn smooth by now.