• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2010
    NP: a dark Knight (zimmer)

My favourite Zimmer "adaggio".

the last 2 minutes with the 2 notes motif with heaviest electronics, drums and brass are really COOL!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote

slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lol
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Woah, Martijn, you play rough my man. Watch out though 'cause someday someone might want to play literally "rough" with you wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Woah, Martijn, you play rough my man. Watch out though 'cause someday someone might want to play literally "rough" with you wink

I want!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Steven wrote
    Nautilus wrote

slant

Follow the leader, leader....
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Across the Sea of Time - John Barry

Magnificent!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I want!

What, someone to play rough with you, or you playing rough on Martijn? I'll admit he's a very charming gentleman.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I want!

What, someone to play rough with you, or you playing rough on Martijn? I'll admit he's a very charming gentleman.

Both things. I like both sides of sex.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Woah. Martijn, my friend, you're a huge temptation for both sexes it seems. There's not a single alive and breathing human being who can resist your charms it seems wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    It seems to be my lot in life. slant
    I should probably start charging.

Nautilus wrote
    I like both sides of sex.

The S and the ex?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    wave
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. Southall wrote

Magnificent!

Wonderful score.
    How I wish it was easy to find this one on the shelf again. I never had a copy, borrowed a friend's copy once, and didn't rip it.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    i love king arthur

He's bending already.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

Magnificent!

Indeed! beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Woah. Martijn, my friend, you're a huge temptation for both sexes it seems. There's not a single alive and breathing human being who can resist your charms it seems wink

Creepo!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2010 edited
    Hm. Sounds like a droid out of the X-rated version of Star Wars: "Hello Sir. I am C-Reepo, human-cybersex relations."
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin

Not as creepy as Cam - eron and N'Klegg.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    All The Pretty Horses - Marty Stuart & Co, Fools of Fortune - Hans Zimmer, The Usual Suspects - John Ottman

Again, not at once...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP (Or have played sometime today):
    - Outland (deluxe) - Not Jerry's absolute greatest but very atmospheric with that "cold, spacey" feel. Love this score!
    - Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome (deluxe) Fine action score by Jarre. Contains many great cues. Fun stuff!
    - Star Trek (deluxe) - Giacchino. A fun ride with a great secondary theme for Spock. Some good extra tracks here!
    - Star Trek 3 (deluxe) Horner knew how to nail a Trek score. Pure delight!
    - Avatar (deluxe) A 2 CD full score version I put together made from 5 disc recording sessions. A tireing yet rewarding exercise! Certainly better sound quality than the 3 disc ebay job that came out a few months back!
    Next .... Maybe The A-Team - Silvestri
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    LARRY GROUPE - Excelsius

Although it starts as an E.S.POSTHUMUS / two steps from hell clone, it quickly turns symphonic, grand and modern. Some parts are really stunning.
  2. franz_conrad wrote
    I will stand up for Eva Green and KOH. She's great, and it's not bad at all. Its director's cut has 3 problems amidst the things it gets right:
    1. Martin Csokas as the thinnest villain of all
    2. Orlando Bloom doesn't seem like the best choice of lead. Particularly given some of the rabbits his character pulls out of his sleeve.
    3. As Martijn said, a bit too much 21st century politics. There's always going to be a bit, given when the film was made, but maybe it needed a bit less.

And there's nothing really wrong with ROBIN HOOD. It already doesn't have Kevin Costner, and that's a major start.

After ordering the 4-DVD collector's edition I managed to forget the original cut quite instantly biggrin

The politics are plain naive and the acting issues you mention are spot on. Csokas is just overacting which is somewhat weird for Scott's style.

If there is something I simply ADORE Kingdom of Heaven for, it definitely would be the visuals. Every shot could get framed and presented in the museum, literally.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote
    LARRY GROUPE - Excelsius

Although it starts as an E.S.POSTHUMUS / two steps from hell clone, it quickly turns symphonic, grand and modern. Some parts are really stunning.

This is actually QUITE good, especially its 2nd half.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Agreed. I was rather disappointed with the overbearing, poorly mixed and rather unoriginal first half, but I'm really glad I stuck with it. The second half is really very good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Citizen Kane_The Classic Film Scores Of Bernard Herrmann (compilation) (Charles Gerhardt, cond.) (1973)

Incredible performance, crisp sound, beyond word compositional level.

punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Atham wrote

- Avatar (deluxe) A 2 CD full score version I put together made from 5 disc recording sessions. A tireing yet rewarding exercise! Certainly better sound quality than the 3 disc ebay job that came out a few months back!

I'm either deaf as a door post, or I have a pretty decent 3 CD version because I've never noticed anything particularly bad about the sound? I've even compared the 3 CD version's tracks to the same ones on the 5 CD, and they sound the same to me? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, but you can hear they're MP3s! Plus, with every CD that is pressed from the original, the original source diminishes.

It's a well-known fact.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Steven wrote
    Atham wrote

I'm either deaf as a door post, or I have a pretty decent 3 CD version because I've never noticed anything particularly bad about the sound? I've even compared the 3 CD version's tracks to the same ones on the 5 CD, and they sound the same to me? confused

Trust me. There IS a difference! And the big War/Battle tracks near the end has extra music too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The War/Battle tracks on the 5 disc version I legally bought (ahem) are in 160kbps? Are yours the same?

All the tracks on the 3 disc promo are 320kbps. But then even comparing the 320kpbs files from the 3 disc version to the 320kbps files on the 5 disc version, I honestly can't notice any difference? What is specifically worse/better about the two versions?

God this is a nerdy conversation! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I actually think the 3 disc version has the best sound quality. Seriously.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!