• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2010 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Get that pickle out of your ass, Jordi! My goodness you're a grump.
    -Erik-

Must have recently been thwarted in love...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2010
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

PS: MoviemusicUK and Movie Wave new site designs sucks.

-Erik-

I said what everyone else thinks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

-Erik-

No... everyone else had something constructive to say... you just blurted out THAT.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

-Erik-

No... everyone else had something constructive to say... you just blurted out THAT.

-Erik-

the truth is the most constructive thing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2010 edited
    Oh good lord.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Time to quickly move on Erik? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Done!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Done!

-Erik-

glad you think How to train is one of the best scores in the last years even when you have to deal with that poor mixing work.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : UNDER FIRE - Jerry Goldsmith

Great score. A shame that this couldn't have gotten the album/film tracks treatment, some of the film tracks are very different.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. New Moon - Desplat

This score has really grown on me over time. It's the perfect music to play this time of year.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2010
    NP: Alien Resurrection (Expanded) - John Frizzell

I've always liked this score but there was a lot of excellent material that was left off the original release. This new La La Land expanded treatment includes those missing pieces as well as expanding on cues that were heavily edited for the commercial release. Great to hear stuff like "They Swim..." in it's complete form. And it's wonderful to hear such excellent unreleased cues as "What's Inside Purvis?" and "The Chapel" for the first time away from the film. Some of the most chilling music from the score is heard in those previously unreleased cues. Hearing this score it's complete form really showcases Frizzell's talent and as the other three composers in the Alien series has done Frizzell crafts a score that is distinctly his. I highly recommend people pick this one up. It plays extremely well.

-Erik-
  2. I was listening to this yesterday and I really enjoyed (if that's the right word) it - particularly tracks like "The Chapel".

Nice to hear the climax to the film in nice bite-sized chunks!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2010 edited
    Even though Alien Resurrection was a colossal turd of a film, the death of the "newborn" was one of, if not, the most terrifying, gruesome, horrific scenes in the entire series. The screams the alien baby made as he/she/it was being sucked out into space will never be forgotten.

Back to the score for a minute... how about that previously unreleased "Alien March (End Credits)" cue! punk

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: CutThroat Island - John Debney

It doesn't get much better than this!!!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : WALKING WITH DINOSAURS - Benjamin Bartlett

Brilliant! One of the best "documentary" scores ever written.
  3. Still making my way threw the Jones box. In "Q Who?" right now, which cue-for-cue is not quite as good as I recalled. Still some nice stuff, and I hear about four or more ideas that wound up in "The Best of Both Worlds" -- I hadn't quite noticed that before (maybe it's because they were covered in SFX before...).

Not at the end yet, but I can't wait to hear that beautiful ending music -- fans know what I am talking about. I recorded that off TV at one point. Broke up one of my tapes, TWoK or Generations, put it in a case where it allowed for recording, and recorded that along with some other unreleased goodies, off TV. Ah, the days of that -- for Trek at least -- are OVER.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow - Edward Shearmur

I'm giving the excellent Sky Captain another spin !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Oooooh... solid choice, Eric. You do our first name proud even though you spell yours wrong. wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Says who ?! biggrin
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin Great, great score.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    Still making my way threw the Jones box.

Cough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    He's talking about Concord's INDIANA Jones box, of course.
    Bad negative STeven!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: The Lord of The Rings - The Return of the King (Complete Recording) ~ Howard Shore

Perfect for a cloudy, clam day like today! How I hope he will do "The Hobbit" as well! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  4. He is. One of the first people hired to work on the movie.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I've been away from our community for long and I haven't read the news! Great! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  5. Shore is known to work on the project since the hiring of Guillermo del Toro. I don't think there is a reason, why he would quit it along with del Toro.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : TRUE CONFESSIONS - Georges Delerue

One of my favourite Delerue scores, utterly gorgeous and a great listen on this cold and rainy afternoon.
  6. Steven wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Cough.

Listen, and listen good dickahontas:

Not only would I buy 14CDs of his "Ducktales" as well*, but I would also buy 14CDs of Dennis McCarthy's TNG, too*.

* = wallet permitting.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    justin boggan wrote
    Steven wrote
    justin boggan wrote

Cough.

Listen, and listen good dickahontas:

Stop being an ass hat, Justin!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2010 edited
    NP : LARGO WINCH - Alexandre Desplat

cool