• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010
    I've seen the first one yesterday, this man's got balls!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Timmer wrote
    That second one.....what an idiot!

I was thinking more of the "heroes" flagging down the train!!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    That second one.....what an idiot!

I was thinking more of the "heroes" flagging down the train!!

Don't worry, I figured that. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 29th 2010 edited
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1c5_1269615517 shocked

"WORLD AIR TRAFFIC 0-24 HRS.

CLOSE [X]
    This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. How many people do YOU think are in the sky at any given moment?

What you will see, is a video showing air traffic around the world for 24 hours, taken from a satellite.

The yellow dots are airplanes in the sky during a 24 hour period.

You will see the light of the day moving from the east to the west, as the Earth spins on it's axis More... Also you will see the aircraft flow of traffic leaving the North American continent and traveling at night to arrive in the UK in the morning.

Then you will see the flow changing, leaving the UK in the morning and flying to the American continent in daylight.

It is a 24 hour observation of all of the large aircraft flights in the world, condensed down to about 2 minutes. From space we look like a bee hive of activity.

You could tell it was summer time in the north by the sun's foot print over the planet. You could see that it didn't quite set in the extreme north and it didn't quite rise in the extreme south.

We are taught about the earth's tilt and how it causes summer and winter and have had to imagine just what is going on. With this 24 hour observation of aircraft travel on the earth's surface we get to see the daylight pattern move as well. Enjoy."
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010
    World's best office.

http://www.gillesvidal.com/blogpano/cockpit1.htm
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    World's best office.

http://www.gillesvidal.com/blogpano/cockpit1.htm

Very cool, but I can't imagine anything cooler than being in singular charge of some supersonic fighter such as the Eurofighter or an F-22.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2010
    BOEING 787 DREAMLINER promo video, animation HD, music by Jennifer Athena Galatis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7S4RfECA4E
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    Awesome piloting skills.

They have them.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c18_1275264082
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    No argument there, very skilled.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2010
    Best hotel in the world ever !
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Best hotel in the world ever !

No it isn't!

But it IS pretty cool. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010
    I don't know if this has been posted yet?
    3D-ish cockpit view of an Airbus 380.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2010
    http://www.maintitles.net/forum/discuss … es/#Item_6 smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2010
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2010
    Woah, talking about a hell of a snow there!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010
    Inspired by Anthony's experience, what are the worst and best airlines you've flown on?

Worst : AA ( American Airlines ) - abrupt stewards and no free alcohol ( always a MASSIVE minus in my book slant ), particularly when one of those flights was a £600 long haul ticket....miserly shites!

Best : Air New Zealand - Brilliant staff who, on a red-eye, told me they were going to sleep so showed me where to help myself to free booze ( always a MASSIVE plus in my book cool )
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Worst : AA ( American Airlines ) - abrupt stewards and no free alcohol ( always a MASSIVE minus in my book slant ), particularly when one of those flights was a £600 long haul ticket....miserly shites!

American used to be the carrier on any business trips we would take to the US. At that time business class travel was still the norm so it wasn't too bad. I was bumped up to first class once - I'd recommend it to people to experience at least once! wink

So, always travel abroad in full suit and tie, carrying a briefcase of some sort.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've been bumped up once Alan, I wasn't wearing a whistle & flute but I was smart.

Qatar airlines, classy airline and the plane was brand spankin' new too.

( and despite rumors to the contrary, it wasn't a "dry" flight either )
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Best airline I flew with was Singapore Airlines. Extremely friendly cabin crew, free booze, great food (as far as plane food goes), best on-demand video/music service and brand spanking new plane (A380).
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Best airline I flew with was Singapore Airlines. Extremely friendly cabin crew, free booze, great food (as far as plane food goes), best on-demand video/music service and brand spanking new plane (A380).

A-380 eh?

Pah! slant tongue

shame <--jealous
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've flown with AA and I can confirm Timmer's statement. Next time I fly British Airways! (If I can afford it...which I can't.)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've only flown with BA once, not a bad experience at all and the tickets were cheap ( some kind of special offer, I don't really remember? ), I do remember that one stewardess was a Kelly Brook'alike shocked lick

Again though, I've heard bad reports on BA from friends.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Weirdest name airline I've flown on...

Yeti Airways

and no! It wasn't a hippy run airline biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Inspired by Anthony's experience, what are the worst and best airlines you've flown on?

I am in total agreement with the airlines' policies in this one, since esp. in the USA, many companies have constant problems with drunk rednecks causing problems in flight, running towards the doors and whatnot.

Best : Air New Zealand - Brilliant staff who, on a red-eye, told me they were going to sleep so showed me where to help myself to free booze ( always a MASSIVE plus in my book cool )

So, you judge airlines by the amount (or not) of free booze?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Is there ANY other way? uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, no! omg
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Got any pics of Yeti Air, D? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2010
    Deicing the beast.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Emirates … 1732616/L/
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2010
    Christodoulides wrote
    Deicing the beast.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Emirates … 1732616/L/

Chris Young's Hellraiser II theme sprang to mind, great pic D, this thread has been dormant for too long.