• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2011
    It's all that talk about Cleopatra. angry
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    See? There I went an mentioned it again!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Martijn wrote

Good score by the way.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    KevinSmith wrote
    Martijn wrote

Good score by the way.

The music or Cleopatra?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    applause
    First -and judging by the time- last laugh out loud of the day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2011 edited
    NP: Illusions - Thomas Bergesen

I love it. It's just a really good album of well composed, very melodic music. It doesn't have some of the excellent tracks that made E.S Poshumus' Unearthed great, but it does have lots of emotionally moving highs that rivals it.
    Snow Falling On Cedars - James Newton Howard

One of the better atmospheric scores of the 1990s. A very engaging listen only marred by an overlong album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    KevinSmith wrote

One of the better atmospheric scores of the 1990s. A very engaging listen only marred by an overlong album.

I actually think it's perfect length. Love this from beginning to end, maybe my new favourite JNH (after the previous WATERWORLD)!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

I actually think it's perfect length. Love this from beginning to end, maybe my new favourite JNH (after the previous WATERWORLD)!

Yeah, I have no problem listening to the whole album.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : WATERSHIP DOWN - Angela Morley

Probably my all time favourite score to an animated film, just brilliant!
  1. I know nothing about Watership Down. I shall investigate.

NP: MASK OF ZORRO- James Horner

Really solid album. I'm not enjoying quite as much this time through for some reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Gangs of New York - Elmer Bernstein

I waited years to hear this, bought it for $60 (wasn't bothered about the other two scores in the box), listened to it once and then forgot all about it. Anyway, here's the second listen, however many years later it is, and I'm very impressed. Maybe wasn't right for the film, but it makes a terrific CD.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2011
    Thor wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

And listen to the crap he writes today.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    KevinSmith wrote
    Thor - Patrick Doyle

A bit bland to put it mildly coming for a person who loves vanilla ice cream.

I found it terrible.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    D, so negative! Where are the positive vibes!?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregt, have you been watching Kelly's Heroes again?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    D, so negative! Where are the positive vibes!?

I agree with D's negativity, damn good composers who we expect more from are producing very poor fare on the kind of projects where you would expect them to shine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuStsFW4EmQ
  2. I dislike that film with a passion that is almost palpable.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    I used to be a big fan of the movie before I realized how stupid it was.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eh???? IT@S FLIPPING GREAT FUN WITH A GREAT CAST AND A GREAT SCORE!!!!!

So there! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2011 edited
    Eh, add enough exclamation points and it becomes fact?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big, bold fonts with dozens of exclamation points makes it even more of a fact!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It becomes ever more of a fact when the exclamation points says "Fuck you message board formatting! You can't keep me within these borders!"

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...............

okay, point made biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Eh???? IT@S FLIPPING GREAT FUN WITH A GREAT CAST AND A GREAT SCORE!!!!!

So there! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

yeah
    What the man said.

Erik Woods wrote
    FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big, bold fonts with dozens of exclamation points makes it even more of a fact!

yeah
    What the main said.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Spacecamp - John Williams

One of Williams' most underrated 80's scores. It doesn't get a lot of talk around here. The score is chalked full of adventure, wonder and magnificent themes!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE EMI YEARS : 1957 - 1960 - John Barry

This is mostly his JB7 Rock & Roll years stuff and just about has a tenuous link to be on the NP thread due to the inclusion of two tracks from BEAT GIRL, one from NEVER LET GO and the track Hit & Miss which was the long running theme for BBC pop quiz show JUKE BOX JURY, this compilation also includes Barry singing, and though his voice isn't that bad, I can understand why he wished he could personally get hold of every copy and destroy them. wink

I've always had a soft spot for this track...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEyPUnG-lJg

...unfortunately I can't find the far punchier one included on the album I'm playing.