• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2013
    sdtom wrote
    If you like Debussy you're going to like him. His third symphony was released on Ondine and was composed during World War I. I'm surprised it took me this long to discover him.
    Tom

Thanks for the heads up Tom. I just checked his name on Spotify and there is a lot of his works there including his symphony # 3. I'm going to check it out and let you know what I think.

Thanks Tom. beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I have the album "Performer Violin" by George Enescu. It was given to me by a friend and collegue. She was born into the German minority in Romania and later left the country. It's part of a greater collection of his recordings released in Romania. Great music!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2013
    NP : SYMPHONY # 1 "CLASSICAL" - Sergei Prokofiev

Love it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2013
    Timmer wrote
    NP : SYMPHONY # 1 "CLASSICAL" - Sergei Prokofiev

Love it.

Yet another wonderful work. Never get tired of listening to it.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2013
    I'm still enjoying the new Enescu CD to my collection. For now I'm listening but I will at some point compare and discuss his similiar orchestration to Debussy.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2013
    NP : SPACE PARTY MUSIC: WAY OUT SOUNDS FOR YOUR SPACE PARTY - Various Artists

Groovy man! chicken

A compilation mostly made of artists I've never heard of before but it does contain some selections from Russell Garcia's Fantastica album, Louis & Bebe Barron's Forbidden Planet, two tracks from Herrmann's The Day The Earth Stood Still and even Dudley Simpson's theme to The Tomorrow People.

I'm really "digging" this cheesy If anyone else wants to hear it, it's on Spotify.

Hey BREGT wave Quite a few of these tracks are suitable for those mondo Lounge albums, I think you'll like this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2013
    Timmer be sure you check out the audio clips on Naxos for Enescu.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I haven't forgotten Tom smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I was thinking of you as I was listening to it.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2013 edited
    NP : FACE THE MUSIC - Electric Light Orchestra

My favourite ELO album.

Thor ( or Volker ) have you heard THIS TRACK before?

...and my favourite track: NIGHT RIDER
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    NP : FACE THE MUSIC - Electric Light Orchestra

My favourite ELO album.

Thor ( or Volker ) have you heard THIS TRACK

I hadn't no. Very eerie and film music-ey.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Don't know, both videos are blocked in Germany for legal reasons. angry

Volker
  3. So, now I could listen to a live version of "Fire on High". Very nice! It actually reminds me abit of early stuff by Barclay James Harvest, Camel and the like. Nice, proggy stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I've never considered ELO a prog band (more art rock, symphonic rock or whatever), but yeah -- they did tap into that somewhat once or twice.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    I've never considered ELO a prog band (more art rock, symphonic rock or whatever), but yeah -- they did tap into that somewhat once or twice.

yeah

I looked on Spotify but there's hardly any of ELO's albums there? confused Just Best Of's etc.

You said you wanted to give KATE BUSH a try Thor? All of her albums are up on Spotify. I'd suggest ( for you ) HOUNDS OF LOVE, it's very prog.
  4. "Wuthering Hights" is as proggy as it gets. love
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I used to hate Kate Bush when I was a kid (my dad had a cassette with one album on each side). That annoying whiney voice that was all over the scale. Well, not anymore. Of course, your wellknown enthusiasm helped a bit, Timmer, but I've also evolved musically since then.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    cool beer
  5. NP: The Six Wifes of Henry VIII (1973) - Rick Wakeman

Don't know what this music has to do with anyones wifes, but the album is splendid.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2013
    Still listening to my new Enescu CD. It really has become a favorite of mine.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2013
    NP: OCEAN DRIVE - THE LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY

Don't judge me. For nostalgic reasons....
  6. The Best of Jon & Vangelis

So very, very good!

Volker
  7. NP: Force Majeure (1979) - Tangerine Dream

My favourite TG album!

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2013
    I think mine is Ricochet but that's probably because it was my first TG album and has a lot of good memories attached.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2013
    "The Lark Ascending" by Vaughan Williams a new Chandos recording that is coupled with the Moeran violin concerto. Very very nice.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2013
    NP: My own Jazz playlist.
    iTunes has just thrown up John Barry's Dance With Reality.
    Bloody hell. This is so excellent. And SO melancholic.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    NP: My own Jazz playlist.
    iTunes has just thrown up John Barry's Dance With Reality.
    Bloody hell. This is so excellent. And SO melancholic.

:like:

we really could do with a like button
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2013
    I've had enough of film music today...

NP : SYMPHONY # 7 'LENINGRAD' - Dmitri Shostakovitch

One of the most awesome works of music ever written, this music will tear you to pieces and boot your scattered remains for miles in every direction.

This version is Kiril Kondrashin and the Moscow symphony, my favourite performance but a shame the recording is so shrill.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2013
    I'm still in the Enescu thing. The piece I listened to today was Vox Maris a moving piece about the sea.
    Tom