• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2014
    Listening to the Brahms German Requiem. Whenever I'm deeply depressed, it's the piece I put on. It's simply magnificent.
  1. The Hooters - Greatest Hits

Aleready listened to this in the car when driving home very very loud. This music has a distincly cathartic effect on me. Turn the volume up and sing along!

punk Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2014 edited
    NP : TUBULAR BELLS - Mike Oldfield

One of my most played albums of any form of music. Still one of the greatest albums ever created, a ground breaker in the true sense. Only 19 years old at the time Oldfield was touched with genuine genius. Love or loathe it thems the facts!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 29th 2014
    I finished up my classical review for Naxos so now I'm off to two soundtracks. The Buccaneer and The Freshman.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2014
    The Buccaneer is going to prove to be a bit of a challenge. The opening theme has a western flavor though it is about pirates.
    Tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MYTHODEA - Vangelis

Fantastic work!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Timmer wrote

Fantastic work!

yeah

I have the DVD, too.

Volker
  3. sdtom wrote
    The Buccaneer is going to prove to be a bit of a challenge. The opening theme has a western flavor though it is about pirates.
    Tom

That's my main beef with Bernstein: Much of his action oriented music has that western feel to it. Even The Ten Commandments score is troubled by that.

Volker
  4. Back on topic:

NP: Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel

Hell, yeah!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    Back on topic:

NP: Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel

Hell, yeah!

Mr Soft has to be one of the creepiest sounding hits ever.

Love Cockney Rebel punk cool
  5. Captain Future wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Tom

That's my main beef with Bernstein: Much of his action oriented music has that western feel to it. Even The Ten Commandments score is troubled by that.

I don't think it's that Bernstein always wrote in a western style; I think it's more that we've just come to associate westerns with Bernstein's style. Kind of similar to how Maurice Jarre's style frequently seems "oriental" to me because of Lawrence of Arabia. Or how I'm constantly finding Middle-earth fragments in Howard Shore's music. It's just the mind playing tricks. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2014
    NP: ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA (Richard Strauss)

The whole thing, not just the famous opening fanfare! Georg Solti & Berlin Philharmonic version.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote

Fantastic work!

yeah

I have the DVD, too.

Volker

The dvd is one of the finest things i've seen in years.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It is. I think it was you D who sent me a copy back in ye olde days of posting things by mail. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    When gorgeous a380's models would pop up in the mail by one of the best men ever! beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ahhhh yes! biggrin It was also very handy having a close friend who worked in aircraft engineering.
  6. In the Digital Mood - Glenn Miller Orchestra

Haven't played it in ages. Nice album.

Volker
  7. NP: The Four Seasons (1984) - Antonio Vivaldi
    Anne-Sophie Mutter; Vienna Philharmonics; Herbert von Karajan

Incredible recording!

Volker
  8. NP:

http://www.amovieaweek.com/images/thewall2.jpg
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2014

applause

My all time favourite Floyd album is still Dark Side of The Moon.
  9. That's a tough one. I have a megaton of respect for DSotM. But THE WALL has a very special place in my heart. It still touches me deeply.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2014
    Same here. THE WALL will always be my favourite for many reasons -- not the least of which is nostalgia.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2014
    Thor wrote
    Same here. THE WALL will always be my favourite for many reasons -- not the least of which is nostalgia.

There you go. Can you believe I bought Dark Side of The Moon when it was released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2014
    I discovered DSOFM in the mid 80s, I think, in my father's LP collection. But then again there are a few years between us.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2014
    NP : HOUNDS OF LOVE - Kate Bush

Quite simply one of the best "pop" albums ever!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2014
    After finishing up the Digital Space CD I pulled off the shelf a 3 CD set of Morton Gould compositions that Naxos had sent me last year. While not as popular as Copland, Gould had a lot to offer. His Fall River Legend is a minor classic.
    Tom
  10. NP: Rolled Gold + (2007) - The Rolling Stones

Wild horses, couldn't drag me away
    Wild wild horses we'll ride them someday
    Wild horses, couldn't drag me away
    Wild wild horses we'll ride them someday

Volker
  11. The Best of Journey

Undemanding solid rock. The wheel keeps on turning.
  12. NP: Symphonie Nr. 2 Lobgesang / Hymn of Praise by Felix Medelssohn Bartholdy
    Berliner Philharmoniker; Chor der Berliner Staatsoper; Herbert von Karajan
    Deutsche Grammophon

I love symphonic Cantatas. This one is especially beautiful.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2014
    NP : STARS END - David Bedford

Performed by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra conducted by Vernon Handley and featuring Mike Oldfield on bass and electric guitar this work is bloody awesome ( though dismissed by a few here as "artsy-fartsy" ) and is a long time favourite of mine, wonderful orchestration and vibrant tonalities, for me this is a feast for my ears and brain.