• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008
    There is TOO MUCH music to listen to in that zip file. I'm arranging it all into nice 7 minute suites, opposed to the three and a half hours you'd have otherwise.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2008
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote
    You can now download the COMPLETE score to Splinter Cell Double Agent over at Michael McCann's site (240mb!!).

http://www.behaviormusic.com/artists/mi … /music.htm

rolleyes
    Very Bourne-ish (not close to be that good obviously). Powell should start to charge royalties, he´d get rich.

True, the BOURNE scores have influenced a shitload of scores during the last couple of years.

But is this Splinter Cell score any good?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Christodoulides wrote

True, the BOURNE scores have influenced a shitload of scores during the last couple of years.

But is this Splinter Cell score any good?

There's like 40 songs in that score and only a couple sound like Bourne - some of the Iceland stuff. Most of it doesn't - like the New York & Kinshasa stuff.

http://www.behaviormusic.com/music/mich … _Part1.mp3
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2008
    D, this release is over 3 hours long. I've edited the best tracks together and have made a nice 50 minute album. I shall share soon... smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    angelic
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    As promised - my edited version of the Splinter Cell Double Agent score:

http://rapidshare.com/files/137360099/SCDA.rar.html

The password is "mt". This is a totally legal download, as the tracks are available on the composers site which is linked above.

Probably best for people who don't know what to expect to start listening at track 3, otherwise you may get bad first impressions. wink
  2. Thanks for this Anthony, will try your mix out. Expecting to crawl through yet another 3 hour long score, is not what I had in mind.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. I'd ignore Anthony's rar file. The audio quality is terrible, as well as the track selection. Just go to the main page and download the mp3 links starting with the Iceland Extraction one. Most of the best stuff is in those 10 or so clips anyway and faster than downloading off rapidshare.

http://www.behaviormusic.com/artists/mi … /music.htm

Love this score so want to put my 2 cents in. ;-)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2008 edited
    timothycrash wrote
    I'd ignore Anthony's rar file. The audio quality is terrible, as well as the track selection.

What are you talking about? Did you listen to it?

What do you mean by ''track selection''? That is 90% of what is in the compelte score, minus the looping 19 minute tracks which I've made shorter.

Also I'd like to hear where you think the audio quality is terrible...it sounds exactly the same as what's on Behaviour's site to me...

Nice to see you're already making friends on your first day here. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2008
    No worries, Anthony.
    It takes more than a one-off semi-troll (who may have the best intentions, but who apparently didn't actually read the thread as the link to the original site/downlaod was mentioned way before he did) to dissuade me from trying your own mix. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. Listening to it now, and this sounds in no way terrible at all. Nicely mixed I must say... Timothycrash needs a hearing aid, that's all.

The music is very spy, sneaky, suspense, Bournish, but as I would have imagined repetitive. So far the Iceland Suite is pretty cool.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No worries mate. He's a newbie, apparently he thinks we're yet another of those soundtrack downloading pirated stuff forums. He'll get used to us and hopefully realize we're not screwing around.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Listening to it now, and this sounds in no way terrible at all. Nicely mixed I must say... Timothycrash needs a hearing aid, that's all.

The music is very spy, sneaky, suspense, Bournish, but as I would have imagined repetitive. So far the Iceland Suite is pretty cool.

He obviously didn't even play it.
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    No worries mate. He's a newbie, apparently he thinks we're yet another of those soundtrack downloading pirated stuff forums. He'll get used to us and hopefully realize we're not screwing around.

Oh we screw around but on a whole other level. If you're not from the Caribbean, pirates steer clear from here!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    My name is Guybrush Threepwood and I'm a MIGHTY pirate!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Martijn wrote
    My name is Guybrush Threepwood and I'm a MIGHTY pirate!

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Oh we screw around but on a whole other level. If you're not from the Caribbean, pirates steer clear from here!!!!

And if you are a pirate from the caribbean, run for cover as Jordi's around! wink
  6. Didn't mean to rock the boat here lol.

Your audio quality is definitely lower. It's like you have a filter on everything and the volume is much quieter. Compare the 'Main Menu' you have with the one from the composers site. Totally different version, much quieter, much duller mix. (Ya I did download it.)

You recut these tracks - but in the process you messed up. :-/

No need to get your panties in a bunch though. You just need better skills.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008 edited
    timothycrash wrote
    Didn't mean to rock the boat here lol.

Yet you're doing it again. rolleyes

The. Mixing. Has. Not. Changed. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008 edited
    timothycrash wrote

No need to get your panties in a bunch though. You just need better skills.

You might as well just say "No need to get your panties in a bunch though. You're just a fuckwit and I'm obviously a lot smarter than you. I'm a better human being."

Jeez.

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2008
    Someone is seriously lacking social skills. biggrin
  7. Anthony wrote
    Someone is seriously lacking social skills. biggrin

He is... I just had a listen also and there's no discernable difference in the quality. And even if there was, he could go about saying it in a slightly friendlier way I think.

- D
  8. The BAFTA Video Game Awards were presented recently. The nominations were:

LittleBigPlanet - Mat Clark / Daniel Pemberton / Kenny Young
    Fable II - Russell Shaw
    Fallout 3 - Inon Zur
    Dead Space - Jason Graves / Development Team
    Assassin's Creed - Jade Raymond / Patrice Desilets / Claude Langlais
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Harry Gregson-Williams

The BAFTA site cites Dead Space's "Development Team" in the citation but I think the score is credited elsewhere to Jason Graves?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2009
    Talos wrote
    I like the game score for Clive Barker's Undying by Bill Brown..., check this out:

http://billbrownmusic.com/musicG4.htm

and... http://billbrownmusic.com for other clips.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
  9. Talk about reviving a lost topic. I should really start posting here some more, seeing I love videogame scores (more than current film music actually).

But I cannot agree with Dead Space winning an award: the copy I heard featured lots of noise, crashes, bangs and just a total lack of melody to be considered a classic in my book. Nah, then I like HGW's synthesized Metal Gear Solid 4 a lot more. Fable II was nice background music, but no more than that. Can't comment on the others.

Looking out for the Killzone 2 score which could see a release in the future. Upon playing the game I will check out how it sounds. What I heard already shows promise.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2009
    I thought Assassain's Creed was by Jesper Kyd?! confused
  10. Talos wrote
    Talos wrote
    I like the game score for Clive Barker's Undying by Bill Brown..., check this out:

I made a 12 minute suite of that one, it's rather soft yet creepy, and I think it resembles Brian Tyler's 'Darkness Falls' in atmosphere a little.

One of the better soundtracks by Bill Brown I heard is 'Lineage II: The Chaotic Chronicle'. But what's he been doing recently that's good?

Anthony wrote

Jade Raymond is one of the producers of the game, so I guess those French are part of the dev team. But no mention of the composer is indeed strange.
  11. Anthony wrote

I thought that too!

Dead Space was just credited with "Development Team" on the BAFTA site and I added Graves' name because I saw it on Amazon.

We are talking BAFTA remember!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2009 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Dead Space

We are talking BAFTA remember!

Not BAFTA

More like BARFTA vomit

gives me an ocassion to use this underused emoticon
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2009 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    Talos wrote
    Talos wrote

I made a 12 minute suite of that one, it's rather soft yet creepy, and I think it resembles Brian Tyler's 'Darkness Falls' in atmosphere a little.

One of the better soundtracks by Bill Brown I heard is 'Lineage II: The Chaotic Chronicle'. But what's he been doing recently that's good?

Anthony wrote

Jade Raymond is one of the producers of the game, so I guess those French are part of the dev team. But no mention of the composer is indeed strange.

You are absolutely right, Darkness Falls (the best Tyler score so far IMHO) resembles Undying a lot. I completed the pc game btw so when I bought the OST Darkness Falls, I thought 'hey that's like Undying! Same kinds of strings etc.

Nice scores.
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates