• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. HOOK - JOHN WILLIAMS

The complete edition, oh yeah baby !!!!!!!! punk punk

As of now this is the only holy grail I'm anxiously awaiting, one where every second of score is appreciated.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2011
    Happy Feet 2
    The first boring and uninsteresting score from John Powell ever.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Jezza G

Is he a DJ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE FAMILY MAN (Danny Elfman)

Perfect score for the season.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Nautilus wrote
    Happy Feet 2
    The first boring and uninsteresting score from John Powell ever.

I've only listened to it once so far, and my impression was not "boring" so much as, there was a lot of subtlety and only a few emotional fireworks. I think it will get more interesting after repeated listens. But who knows.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Jezza G

Is he a DJ?

Yes.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Tintin John Williams

I fookin' love this score.

I don't think I've had such an extreme turn around in opinions since... well, How To Train Your Dragon. Apparently I'll never learn. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I've finally grown very fond of it, too!
  2. Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Jezza G

Is he a DJ?

Yes.

DA JERRY !!!!! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. PREDATOR - ALAN SILVESTRI

This score has ROCK-SOLID BRASS BALLS !! It's fooking AWESOME !! punk

What I love most about it is the way Silvestri blends the various suspense cues with the relentless action cues, which all have such incredible rhythmic and brassy power and it all works very well together, making for a very consistently awesome whole. He never did something similar of this magnitude after this, at least that I know of, you know mix suspense with action to come up with such a magnificent blend. It's a real powerhouse.

Oh I'm listening to the Varese and the sound quality is excellent.
  4. I am in need of some help!

I've just been scanning through Tyler Bates' The Darkest Hour and Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross' The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and I fear that my ears are bleeding and I am succumbing to the arms of boredom. Both titles continue to re-define film music - but not in a good way.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2011 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I am in need of some help!

I've just been scanning through Tyler Bates' The Darkest Hour and Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross' The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and I fear that my ears are bleeding and I am succumbing to the arms of boredom. Both titles continue to re-define film music - but not in a good way.

Textural, ambient soundscapes (electronica-based) really don't suit your fancy, do they, Alan?

We have very different taste in this area. Personally, I LOVE what I've heard of the TATOO score, just my kind of thing these days. I've not heard the Bates.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. From Bates listen to The Way, Super and some parts of Doomsday.
  6. THE CORE - CHRIS YOUNG

Second listen, so this isn't a score where the themes smack me in the face like say Star Wars, which may be why I was so disappointed before... This is definitely going to take some more listens. But it's starting to sound a bit all right.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2011
    Just listen to The Terranaut March a few times... get use to that... and then listen to the score proper!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. Wise words, I'll do that. smile

At the end of disc 1 now.
  8. Vangelis - Blade Runner

While I am not a huge fan of Vangelis as a film composer, except his exquisite themes and, well, Alexander, this one works for me so well on so many levels. It works wonderful in the brilliant movie, too.

Great score.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  9. I enjoy his Alexander a lot more than Blade Runner to be honest, but Blade Runner has that exquisite opening track that always gives me goosebumps. And the classic end titles. It's just the very ambient cues in between that drag somewhat.
  10. Interesting, for me it's the only Vangelis album I can enjoy from start to finish.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Blade Runner is a masterpiece and one of the all time great film scores!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

yeah

It's also the best electronic score ever written.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2011
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Vangelis - Blade Runner

While I am not a huge fan of Vangelis as a film composer, except his exquisite themes and, well, Alexander, this one works for me so well on so many levels. It works wonderful in the brilliant movie, too.

Great score.

I'm with Erik & Thor, perfect scoring, IMO the likes of Zimmer and any other synth dabbling composers can only dream of scoring as well as this.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

yeah

It's also the best electronic score ever written.

FACT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    NP: King Arthur - Hans Zimmer

Listening to "Woad To Ruin" at the moment. I had forgotten just how good this track is - and it's a long Zimmer cue that hold the attention throughout!

punk

At the risk of repeating myself, have you tried the Prague version? It's 7:00 and I really like that one too:
    http://youtu.be/Ceoavc2qIX8

I am now listening to Korzeniowski's W.E here
    http://twcguilds.com/film/we#score
    and I love it!!
    cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    W./E
    It's funny how Evgeni Date reminds me of Einaudi. I discovered his music only recently and listened to his music a lot the last two weeks!!

Auction 2 and Fight is now playing. It's wonderful. The whole score is. cheesy
  11. Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Vangelis - Blade Runner

Great score.

I'm with Erik & Thor, perfect scoring, IMO the likes of Zimmer and any other synth dabbling composers can only dream of scoring as well as this.

Zimmer would agree with you.

In fact I wrote about the score on my Facebook profile.

Hans liked the post.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, Zimmer is a big fan. He even channelled Vangelis (and BLADE RUNNER) in his INCEPTION score!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: GREMLINS 2 (Jerry Goldsmith)

One of the few JG scores in which the electronics don't bother me too much. A good listen.
    I am extremely serious.
  12. Jerry Goldsmith - Tora! Tora! Tora!

Finally got the La-la Land release in my hand. I always loved this score, so well thought-out, suspenseful, just brilliantly written. One of my most favourite Jerry Goldsmith scores. Very excited to read Julie Kirgo's liner notes, which will probably top the liner notes on the original FSM release (I read scans of that one).

The program seems to be the same as the FSM's one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I'm listening to W.E. again... or is it W./E. ? (what.ever. wink )

Hearing Duchess of Windsor makes me wonder when it will first appear in a TV commercial! It sounds very commercial like, if you know what I mean.

Great score. Third listen today, at least! Go Abel! punk
    Love it, love it!