• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2012
    Yes. You do. Thems the rules I'm afraid!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE OTHER BOLEYN GIRL - Paul Cantelon

Very enjoyable.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Steven wrote

Ok my dear I will then. This score is connected with a difficult time of my life, my father's illness (thank God this is over). Science and religion was my hope back then. It helped me cope. That's why I like this it and it always picks me up.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  1. It's weird and compelling how certain scores become personal to us, isn't it? smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
  2. I don't mind a good bit of ondes.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    It's an easy way to sort the men from the boys, the ondes.
  3. In that case, there have only been 4 men in film music history! (Jarre, Bernstein, Honegger and Ibert. Oh, and that Cusson dude.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2012 edited
    Stavroula wrote
    Steven wrote

Ok my dear I will then. This score is connected with a difficult time of my life, my father's illness (thank God this is over). Science and religion was my hope back then. It helped me cope. That's why I like this it and it always picks me up.

Oh. You didn't really have to. sad

It is funny how we enjoy things we associate with ill times (although if that thing has helped us through tough times, I suppose it will forever remain a comfort).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2012
    franz_conrad wrote
    In that case, there have only been 4 men in film music history! (Jarre, Bernstein, Honegger and Ibert. Oh, and that Cusson dude.)

Don't forget Howard Shore. Don't ever forget Howard Shore!
  4. Where did he... oh right, ED WOOD! (Which I've never heard actually. Not seen, either.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    That one's worth a listen. Probably.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    Where did he... oh right, ED WOOD! (Which I've never heard actually. Not seen, either.)

Burton's best film IMO. Yeah, fine score too, obviously a homage to the time and subject.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    franz_conrad wrote
    Where did he... oh right, ED WOOD! (Which I've never heard actually. Not seen, either.)

Hugo also features subtle usage of ondes (but no theremin).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Kingdom Danny Elfman

This is a score that's probably not very easy to like for most, but it certainly works for me for some reason.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    The Kingdom Danny Elfman

This is a score that's probably not very easy to like for most, but it certainly works for me for some reason.

It's got that whole post-rock vibe (Sigur Ros/Mogwai/Explosions in the Sky) which is hard to dislike. I think it's severely underrated because of that. Most film score fans don't seem to get that connection. The director, Peter Berg, loves that sound.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm not really familiar with any of those bands, but I know I like the sound. I would class this as a not-FSM-friendly score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    I'm not really familiar with any of those bands, but I know I like the sound. I would class this as a not-FSM-friendly score.

Most definitely, yes.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. NP: Trois Coleurs Rouge (Zbigniew Preisner)

Stunning music, based around a bolero-ish theme. Just saw the film again. Such a thoughtful storyteller.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    JP : BLACK GOLD - James Horner

No surprises but so what, this was my first listen and I loved it, can't wait to play it again.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : JOHN CARTER - Michael Giacchino

First listen...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: JUMPER (Chris Tilton)

Great videogame score, even better than the feature film score, IMO. Never played the game, though, nor do I have any intention to.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : JOHN CARTER - Michael Giacchino

First listen...

Mel just asked if I was playing BEETLEJUICE, I said 'yes!'

It's a bit of a stretch but I could sort of see where she was coming from wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : ROBIN AND MARIAN - John Barry

This is the original score from Intrada, just brilliant and contains one of my all time favourite themes.

One of the very best 'awakening' tracks around DAWN IN SHERWOOD
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Martijn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn wrote
    NP: The Adventures Of Don Juan - Max Steiner

Madre de Dios! This is GREAT stuff! Fun, exciting, thematic and overall filled with flair and panache (and a lovely Spanish flavour). Now THIS deserves a proper rerecording!

It's already recorded! Coming soon from Tribute Film Classics...

-Erik-

Really? REALLY? shocked

applause champagne fireworks punk
    Immediate buy! Great!

Hotdiggitydoing!
    FINALLY!

http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/p … ;archive=0
    biggrin

NP: Masque Of The Red Death - David Lee

Mono (as expected, honestly), and sounding much ...well...like you'd expect an early sixties horror flick to sound.
    A lot of incidental music played by a small orchestra with little thematic consistency or much in the line of melody. Very brief flourishes of romantic melody here and there, but overall, this is nothing to write home about.
    The Fire is a great, exciting track.
    But it's still not much.

Cracker of a film though.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    NP: JUMPER (Chris Tilton)

Great videogame score, even better than the feature film score, IMO. Never played the game, though, nor do I have any intention to.

Much better than the film score, I thought (and the same was true of his Night at the Museum).
  6. NP: It's an Alberto Iglesias day... Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, Che, Constant Gardener, Dancer Upstairs, Talk to Her, Bad Education, Carne Tremula, Even the Rain, All About My Mother, Sex and Lucia, Broken Embraces, Volver... and more... some of the best tracks from each.

Good music to write to. smile Love his chamber orchestral style and how he's used it from film to film.
  7. A good, for what it is, DVD rip of most of the score to "Coming to America" (Nile Rogers).

No dialogue, some light FX in most tracks, except some. Something to tide me over until a real release.

Next up, a short boot of "Johnny Mneumonic" (Brad Fiedel). Never heard it before, was curious.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.