• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012 edited
    I do the same with Saving Private Ryan, Angela's Ashes and The Patriot every time.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  1. THE MAN WITHOUT A FACE - HORNER

Splendid, heartfelt writing from the man still in his prime years.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2012
    NP : YELLOW SUBMARINE - The Beatles & George Martin

Songs and score split in two, all is good, a classic!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE JUNGLE BOOK - Richard M & Robert B. Sherman, Terry Grayson and George Bruns

Absolutely delightful, perfect for this ( unusually ) English sunny day.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. Conan The Destroyer Poledouris

I adore this rerecording and it's wonderful to have a rerecording of the 'Sword and Sorcery' suite on disc 2. A terrific recording.
  3. Demetris wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    I just saw Spider-Man. Horner's score works amazingly (excuse the pun), especially all the action music. I didn't know he performed the piano solos; they fit surprisingly well for an action film.

Noooooooooooo but it was written in 2012 and not theeeeeeeeee 90'ssssssss it is nicht guttttt!

I don't really care whether something is timely or dated. Being modern is overrated.
  4. Brave Patrick Doyle

I really like the celtic bits, "song of Mor'du" is rather addictive. Nice upbeat score!
  5. Demetris wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Thank God Jordi's posting on facebook wink

He is a shadow of his former self. Five - six years ago the message board would have been flooded by Jordi's posts regarding The Dark Knight Rises. He's getting old.....

Aaaahh, good ol' times...

I recieve more feedback in facebook thant what I recieve here! that's why!

after being heard TDKR for the last 4 days, I must admit two things:

1) I don't like very much how some tracks are edited in the album. Not only the old material into the new material, but also some tracks fade out in a very sudden way.

2)It's really big, really loud, really musucular, really agressive, really agry, really opressive, really apocaliptic....I

I love the new action motif , I love catwoman's theme (not heard enought, thought), I love "On thin ice" (not heard enough neither) and I had in repeat "imagine the fire" for around 1 days wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Amazing Spidr-man theme is also stucked in my head. The rest of the score is enjoyable but dated and very sugarish (Horner, after all).

Which cue is the catwoman's theme, on dark knight rises album, Jordi?

Anyone found the bonus cues yet?

Isn't there a link included in the CD booklet?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    I just saw Spider-Man. Horner's score works amazingly (excuse the pun), especially all the action music. I didn't know he performed the piano solos; they fit surprisingly well for an action film.

Noooooooooooo but it was written in 2012 and not theeeeeeeeee 90'ssssssss it is nicht guttttt!

I don't really care whether something is timely or dated. Being modern is overrated.

Being "modern" can become dated very quickly.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : TRUE CONFESSIONS - Georges Delerue

Possibly my favourite Delerue score, it's stunning.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    N.P. HANS ZIMMER - Dark Knight Rises

The trailer music of the fourth trailer is a combination of parts from track 3. Gotham's Reckoning and Bane's material from track 13. Imagine The Fire. Glad i found this.

Also, the more i listen to the score, the more themes and usage of them i discover, the more i find myself understanding what Zimmer did, and appreciating it. Some passages are truly massive and i imagine them in combination with Nolan's imaginative camerawork and breathtaking visuals, the end-result must be nothing short of stunning.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  6. Definitely looking forward to seeing this. And not wanting to comment too much on music until I see the movie.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Definitely looking forward to seeing this. And not wanting to comment too much on music until I see the movie.

Same here. I'm trying to resist listening the music before watching the film. So far, mission accomplished.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  7. Marselus wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Definitely looking forward to seeing this. And not wanting to comment too much on music until I see the movie.

Same here. I'm trying to resist listening the music before watching the film. So far, mission accomplished.

here here, still one week to go, so we're almost there
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Marselus wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

here here, still one week to go, so we're almost there

Indeed, a final effort. Hopefully, a busy week at work will help!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  8. franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Funny, that's the only one since WAR OF THE WORLDS I actually consider a great score for the film concerned, and one of his few great scores for a straight drama.

Out of interest, what are the others you'd pick? Sleepers and the Oliver Stone trio are all very good, I think.

Yeah, those would be the ones I'd pick. The Spielberg dramas tend to be a bit overdone (Empire of the sun, Amistad, SPR) in the music department (Schindler & Munich huge exceptions). Never saw Rosewood.

I forgot about SEVEN YEARS IN TIBET. That's pretty good too in the film.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012
    NP: Battle Royal II - Masamichi Amano

Another master work from Amano!
    This is even bigger than BR1. Great action cues (Starship Troopers gets a look in) and beautiful, melodic passages fill out a lengthier album this time around.
    Rich, rewarding stuff! cool
  9. Demetris wrote
    N.P. HANS ZIMMER - Dark Knight Rises

The trailer music of the fourth trailer is a combination of parts from track 3. Gotham's Reckoning and Bane's material from track 13. Imagine The Fire. Glad i found this.

Also, the more i listen to the score, the more themes and usage of them i discover, the more i find myself understanding what Zimmer did, and appreciating it. Some passages are truly massive and i imagine them in combination with Nolan's imaginative camerawork and breathtaking visuals, the end-result must be nothing short of stunning.

The Catwoman theme is "Mind If I Cut In?"
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  10. For the record, I liked Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.
  11. I just read the credits for Dark Knight Rises. Zimmer really does have a small factory working for him...
  12. Hans said he credited everyone whoever worked on the trilogy.
  13. Atham wrote
    NP: Battle Royal II - Masamichi Amano

Another master work from Amano!
    This is even bigger than BR1. Great action cues (Starship Troopers gets a look in) and beautiful, melodic passages fill out a lengthier album this time around.
    Rich, rewarding stuff! cool

I found it and will be checking both out soon. Even if it's half as epic as Super Atragon it should be up my alley. smile
  14. Timmer wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

Being "modern" can become dated very quickly.

Not to mention 'forgotten'.
  15. Not really forgotten, the scores to Inception, Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron: Legacy became a part of modern culture. And they don't sound like 1980s James Horner at all. The Batman sound is very well recognized as well.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012 edited
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    For the record, I liked Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

No need to force a confession from you then, come the revolution.
  16. PawelStroinski wrote
    Not really forgotten, the scores to Inception, Pirates of the Caribbean and Tron: Legacy became a part of modern culture. And they don't sound like 1980s James Horner at all. The Batman sound is very well recognized as well.

For every Inception and Tron Legacy there are about 20 or so that are at the opposite side of the quality bar, so yes, quickly forgotten.
  17. LEGENDS OF THE FALL - HORNER

Not quickly forgotten, this one... love
  18. LEGENDS OF THE FALL - HORNER

Not quickly forgotten, this one... love

One of the very best. I'm very fond of it - and I realise I didn't give it a spin since too many time...

NP: ICE AGE: Continental drift - John Powell

In familiar territory here: quirky, moving, adventurous.... and relentlessly fun! (albeit it took some listens to sink in)
    I really prefer the 14 tracks presentation of this album over the 44 of its predecessor!
  19. Timmer wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    For the record, I liked Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

No need to force a confession from you then, come the revolution.

biggrin
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012 edited
    NP: The Dark Knight - Hans Zimmer

Love the score. The experience of listening to all the available tracks has been an amazing one.
    I finally realized the origin of the aggressive brass/string triplet, as it came from Black Hawk Down's Tribal War cue.