• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2012
    Thor wrote
    Scribe wrote
    Well, that isn't what Cohen said. Maybe he's just bad at describing music, lol. I don't know enough about trance/house to know if there are elements on it in the Stealth score. It sounds nearly exactly like another HGW/Djawadi/Morris score to me. In fact Morris was an additional music guy on it.

STEALTH definitely has pronounced trance elements more than I've heard in any other RC-inspired score. In fact, I don't think it sounds like Remote Control at all. It's simply its own thing.

Stealth? bt's stealth?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sounds like you're very excited by that one D wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote
    Scribe wrote
    Well, that isn't what Cohen said. Maybe he's just bad at describing music, lol. I don't know enough about trance/house to know if there are elements on it in the Stealth score. It sounds nearly exactly like another HGW/Djawadi/Morris score to me. In fact Morris was an additional music guy on it.

STEALTH definitely has pronounced trance elements more than I've heard in any other RC-inspired score. In fact, I don't think it sounds like Remote Control at all. It's simply its own thing.

Stealth? bt's stealth?

Yes. A great score, IMO.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    NP : POLTERGEIST - Jerry Goldsmith

Not much I can say about this score that hasn't been said before except that if you haven't heard it then you are truly missing out on one of the greatest scores of the 1980's.

REBIRTH

One of my favourites, and a top 5 Goldsmith for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Thor wrote
    Scribe wrote

Most of the best cues (and there weren't many) were largely RC style cues. Does that matter?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2012 edited
    Imaginaerum (The Score) by Petri Alanko / Nightwish

I had no idea what this was before listening to it, and its quite good. Lots of fun epic (synth?) choir.

No its not synth choir, its real vocals with some kind of effect processing.

Overall feels a lot like the Two Steps From Hell album "Dreams and Imaginations".
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    lp wrote
    Thor wrote
    Scribe wrote

Most of the best cues (and there weren't many) were largely RC style cues. Does that matter?

I disagree. I think this sounds quite different. I like many RC-style scores, but I wouldn't group this in that company.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: LINCOLN (John Williams)

The CD finally arrived from Amazon. Beautiful score -- reverent, sure, but surprisingly restrained too. Nobody writes this kind of music as well as the master himself. And it's generally CALM, which means that it will get many spins over here.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. "Stealth" and "Arthur Christmas" both being replacement scores, by the way.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Scribe wrote

I had no idea what this was before listening to it, and its quite good. Lots of fun epic (synth?) choir.

Overall feels a lot like the Two Steps From Hell album "Dreams and Imaginations".

I saw this mentioned over at FSM and I had a listen to the score and the instrumental versions of the songs. There are some good tracks in this but why does it have to be so LOUD!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thor wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote
    Scribe wrote

Stealth? bt's stealth?

Yes. A great score, IMO.

I can only blame those chips and chocolate in extreme amounts, for the damage to your ears wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Scribe wrote

I saw this mentioned over at FSM and I had a listen to the score and the instrumental versions of the songs. There are some good tracks in this but why does it have to be so LOUD!

Two Steps from Hell? Synth choir? Hm.....
  3. Demetris wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Demetris wrote
    His prince of persian and kingdom of heaven scores were very good but that was it...

you're forgetting Arthur Christmas, a wonderful entertaining score

And completely devoid of any personality!

your thought, not mine
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Thor wrote
    Scribe wrote

Stealth? bt's stealth?

Yes. A great score, IMO.

I can only blame those chips and chocolate in extreme amounts, for the damage to your ears wink

Especially since food doesn't go in the ears... uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeah but ears send to the brain. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    face-palm-mt
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Yeah but ears send to the brain. wink

The ears send potatoe chips to the brain?

Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd say!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    Chain Reaction - Jerry Goldsmith

Not a great score by this master's standards but I love the "Ice Chase" cue.
  4. Josh B wrote
    Chain Reaction - Jerry Goldsmith

Not a great score by this master's standards but I love the "Ice Chase" cue.

definitely not a great one by any means, but it's a great one if we compare it with the crud of today

at least this one has A THEME shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Even compared to the stuff today Chain Reaction still isn't a good score.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

ohhhh, for me it's more than decent Goldsmith material, give it over any other mediocre attempt today
  6. Thor wrote
    lp wrote
    Thor wrote
    Scribe wrote

I disagree. I think this sounds quite different. I like many RC-style scores, but I wouldn't group this in that company.

BT would disagree too. He officially thanks RC for loaning him their samples. It's on the cover. Trevor Morris who worked on many RCP scores (even with the big Z) also contributed a few tracks.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

ohhhh, for me it's more than decent Goldsmith material, give it over any other mediocre attempt today

It's one of those meh Goldsmith actioners that just doesn't sit well with me. It sounded like Goldsmith was bored with what he was writing.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    LIFE OF PI | mychael danna

A few tracks in and oh my, my heart is melting already. love
    Kazoo
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

It's one of those meh Goldsmith actioners that just doesn't sit well with me. It sounded like Goldsmith was bored with what he was writing.

-Erik-

Now listening to a great Jerry score:

Jerry Goldsmith - Rambo III

Now on my beloved Then I'll Die love
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorJosh B

-Erik-

He probably was, given the quality of the film. It's a guilty pleasure score and the short length of the album makes it more palatable. I'll put on Total Recall next. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Thor wrote
    lp wrote
    Thor wrote
    Scribe wrote

BT would disagree too. He officially thanks RC for loaning him their samples. It's on the cover. Trevor Morris who worked on many RCP scores (even with the big Z) also contributed a few tracks.

Either way it's crap.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    LIFE OF PI | mychael danna

A few tracks in and oh my, my heart is melting already. love

Bregt, you are going to adore it, believe me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2012
    Demetris wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Thor wrote
    lp wrote
    Thor wrote
    Scribe wrote

Either way it's crap.

Doesn't matter where he 'loaned' the samplers from or who he worked with. It still sounds like its own thing.

I'm surprised that you find it crappy, D. You're usually into edgy electronic scores. dizzy I do think his gritty work on MONSTER is the best so far, though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2012
    I do? Edgy electronic scores? Hmm...like which?