• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Uh, I was referring to the one with Daniel Craig and the David Arnold score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2012
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Uh, I was referring to the one with Daniel Craig and the David Arnold score.

I know.

lame joke, sorry shame biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: COOGAN'S BLUFF (Lalo Schifrin)

Western stylings and jazz in a cool combo. Unfortunately, the boot has mediocre sound. This one deserves a commercial release.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    NP: COOGAN'S BLUFF (Lalo Schifrin)

Western stylings and jazz in a cool combo. Unfortunately, the boot has mediocre sound. This one deserves a commercial release.

It's dreadful! This fine and funky score deserves a proper release.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Nostalgia - Piano Stories III - Joe Hisaishi

Music for my soul.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2012 edited
    ARGO | alexandre desplat

After reading some of the negative opinions, I have to say I don't agree. It's a really fun listen, with a couple of cool tracks in there (the opening track, A Spy in Teheran, the creepy voices in Scent of Death, ...) There's a freshness about it that makes it really quite good! Different in tone from the superb Syriana though!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ It's a solid Gregson-Williams score. biggrin tongue

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Bregt wrote
    ARGO | alexandre desplat

After reading some of the negative opinions, I have to say I don't agree. It's a really fun listen, with a couple of cool tracks in there (the opening track, A Spy in Teheran, the creepy voices in Scent of Death, ...) There's a freshness about it that makes it really quite good! Different in tone from the superb Syriana though!

I agree!
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    ^ It's a solid Gregson-Williams score. biggrin tongue

-Erik-

biggrin Spot on wink

Didn't like Desplat's output this year, he should do less scores in one year imo.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Well, I though he nailed it with Rise of the Guardians!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (Alan Menken)

It's been an eclectic day, music wise! So great melodies; oozing class all the way.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Well, I though he nailed it with Rise of the Guardians!

-Erik-

IT's technically brilliant, but it's still something missing; i guess i might find it when i watch the movie.
    • CommentAuthorDr Bashir
    Life of Pi - Mychael Danna

Listening to this score is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. There are the exotic flavours, the exploration of inner beauty, the delicate touch, and BAM! The explosion of energy when the tiger appears.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Dr Bashir wrote

Listening to this score is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. There are the exotic flavours, the exploration of inner beauty, the delicate touch, and BAM! The explosion of energy when the tiger appears.

Life of Pi is the most varied and colourful score i've heard this year, standard Danna brilliance! I can only imagine how good it will fit the movie although i doubt i will see this after the reviews i've read...too strong a pompous religious parade perhaps?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2012
    Dr Bashir wrote

I like Danna doing exotic ( I'm hoping it's Indian exotic? Pray tell? ), as for the film it looks shite.
  2. NP - COUPLE'S RETREAT - A.R. Rahman

This score has it all. Parts are outrageously beautiful, some have a seriously epic sweep to them, and then there's the foot stomping fun of "Animal Spirits." What an unexpected score for that film! It's wonderful. Anyone heard Rahman's PEOPLE LIKE US from this year? Does that have anything like the beauty in this one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    People Like Us is ok, but its nothing as good as Couple's Retreat, sadly.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  3. Too bad. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    christopher wrote
    NP - COUPLE'S RETREAT - A.R. Rahman

This score has it all. Parts are outrageously beautiful, some have a seriously epic sweep to them, and then there's the foot stomping fun of "Animal Spirits." What an unexpected score for that film! It's wonderful. Anyone heard Rahman's PEOPLE LIKE US from this year? Does that have anything like the beauty in this one?

I'm not familiar with either of those, but if you go back to his Bollywood scores, you'll find plenty of it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: KONGEN AV BASTØY (Johan Söderqvist)

Beautiful textures, as always.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. iTunes shuffling has been throwing up a few scores with some great orchestra/choral mixes:

La Monaca di Monza - Pino Donaggio
    Plunkett & MacLeane - Craig Armstrong
    The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day - Jeff Danna
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day - Jeff Danna

What is that!? Didn't knew there was a sequel!
    Kazoo
  5. It was a sequel (still is in fact). I think that it is an iTunes or digital-only release.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Die Another Day - David Arnold

Arnold's work on all of the Brosnan Bond movie remain extremely enjoyable. Highly melodic and thematic and ultimate recognizable, even at the utmost height of ridiculousness, such as this score.
  6. And now Jerry Goldsmith's The Final Conflict had started! I love that horn fanfare that announced the presence of this most excellent score.
    • CommentAuthorDr Bashir
    Timmer wrote
    Dr Bashir wrote

I like Danna doing exotic ( I'm hoping it's Indian exotic? Pray tell? ), as for the film it looks shite.

There are Indian hints, for sure. I really liked the book (though it took a while to get going) so I am looking forward to the film.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2012 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    And now Jerry Goldsmith's The Final Conflict had started! I love that horn fanfare that announced the presence of this most excellent score.

This score knocked me out the first time I heard it which was at the cinema. A painful few years waiting before Varese released the score and then it was very poor sounding until many years later and a correction on the deluxe release finally righted all the wrongs. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2012 edited
    NP: Rise of the Guardians - Desplat

I've read both the praises and the not so impressed reviews from everywhere.
    Now that I've finally heard it I'll have to say I'm in the former camp.
    I'm pretty bowled over really. Great "old fashioned" scoring that's engaging from start to finish!
    Hugely impressive!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2012
    Thor wrote
    NP: KONGEN AV BASTØY (Johan Söderqvist)

Beautiful textures, as always.

A new score?
  7. Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    And now Jerry Goldsmith's The Final Conflict had started! I love that horn fanfare that announced the presence of this most excellent score.

This score knocked me out the first time I heard it which was at the cinema. A painful few years waiting before Varese released the score and then it was very poor sounding until many years later and a correction on the deluxe release finally righted all the wrongs. dizzy

I bought the "Omen Trilogy" Box set two weeks ago. It repaced my old "Omen" CD. "Final Conflict" was a revelation to me because I never saw that film. That score was a real discovery.

NP: "Godzilla" by David Arnold, that arrived a few days ago. A very strong score! I surely would love to hear a Star Wars score by this composer. I think I prefer the condensed, well rounded album presentation. The full score is nice to listen to, but it doesn't add very much to the shorter presentation.

Cheers!
    Volker smile
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.