• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2013
    John Chambers wrote
    John Williams, lots of John Williams

always a good choice!

:like: cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SPHERE - Elliot Goldenthal

Exceptional.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote

Exceptional.

Another example for briliant score meets mediocre film.

V.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote

Exceptional.

V.

I think both film and score are outstanding!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Same here. The film is underrated and intriguing. And of course, I don't need to say that I love the score.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BRAINSTORM - James Horner

Utterly brilliant!
  2. Thor wrote
    Same here. The film is underrated and intriguing. And of course, I don't need to say that I love the score.

I always found the eding to be comletely silly and that kind of ruined the whole thing for me. But: Such is live & to each his own, right? spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Right. I like the fact that we're getting a lot of disagreements here lately. Or maybe it's just me disagreeing with everyone else? smile
    I am extremely serious.
  3. Thor wrote
    Right. I like the fact that we're getting a lot of disagreements here lately. Or maybe it's just me disagreeing with everyone else? smile

Do we?
    On the contrary. I'm under the impression that people here agree about a lot of things, scores and others. As long as everybody keeps a civil language. - And that we do in contrast to other places.
    It would be a boring place, don't you think, would we have no disputes whatsoever. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    Thor wrote

Do we?
    On the contrary. I'm under the impression that people here agree about a lot of things, scores and others. As long as everybody keeps a civil language. - And that we do in contrast to other places.
    It would be a boring place, don't you think, would we have no disputes whatsoever. smile

Absolutely. I'm the biggest proponent of (constructive) disputes on the face of the earth!

That being said.....SCREW YOU!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Thor wrote

Do we?

Absolutely. I'm the biggest proponent of (constructive) disputes on the face of the earth!

LIKEWISE! devil
  5. James Horner - In Country

I really, really dig this score. I love this kind of restraint and the themes are just plain beauty. When Intrada released it, I hesitated only for a week...
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  6. NP: Nosferatu - A Symphony of Terror by Hans Erdmann (EMI)

An open-air live recording, which means that the music is not as in-your-face, as you might expect from a studio recording. Anyway, it's gorgeous music! Proof again, that film music evolved in the silent film era.

The Brandenburg Philharmonic Orchestra is conducted by Heinrich Marschner who added an out of style and completely superfluous "Overture" to the event.

Maybe the first horror score ever?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2013 edited
    Thor wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Thor wrote

Do we?

I too thought the movie was great fun and the score is phenomenally good.

Which inspired me to start playing (and i mean really loud)

ELLIOT GOLDENTHAL - Final Fantasy: the spirits within

The one score that instantly comes to mind whenever i want to showcase to somebody how great an art form film music has the potential to be. It's absolutely flawless from note 1 to end, and it's truly one of the highest quality examples the whole genre ever has to offer. Bloody brilliant!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote

Exceptional.

V.

I think both film and score are outstanding!

-Erik-

I wouldn't call the film outstanding but I always enjoy watching it and never understood its critical mauling. The score really is outstanding.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Mulan - Jerry Goldsmith

Speaking of outstanding... this is five-star Goldsmith dynamite.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Mulan - Jerry Goldsmith

Speaking of outstanding... this is five-star Goldsmith dynamite.

Agreed. I've also learned "I'll Make a Man Out of You" to a tee, for my various karaoke adventures. Always a hit! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    You laugh now. You'll weep later.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2013
    In Country - James Horner

We've heard this all before but it's so pretty. I'll admit I've always found it difficult to resist this period of Horner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorchristopher
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2013 edited
    I'll have to get that one.

NP - SKYWORLD - Two Steps from Hell

This is the first time I've listened to anything from these guys. I'm about 13 tracks into this album. It's pretty samey after a while. Any one of these tracks on its own would probably feel pretty epic, but after 13 of them, they're just starting to grate. Tons of base, synth, drums, guitars, choir, etc. The pace is usually fast and the volume is usually loud. So far I've enjoyed "Winterspell" and "Blackheart" the most, though I can't remember a thing about them now other than I liked them.

Edit: As I finish up the album I'm realizing that I like Thomas Bergersen's music significantly more than Nick Pheonix's. I also really disliked the English lyrics Pheonix used in several of his tracks, especially the excruciatingly awful "Back to the Earth". Ugh.
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    The Wind and the Lion - Jerry Goldsmith

So, so good. No one did this type of score better than Jerry. I miss him.
  7. The Artist - Ludovic Bource

I revisit the score after quite a while. I am spellbound: playfull, thematically rich - a pleasure!

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Captain Future wrote
    The Artist - Ludovic Bource

I revisit the score after quite a while. I am spellbound: playfull, thematically rich - a pleasure!

Volker

It's absolutely wonderful indeed, and what a greatly-acted and constructed movie!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I thought the pastiche aspect of THE ARTIST was good, but overall it was a very disappointing -- and largely overrated -- movie, IMO.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    it has long been a bothering thought to me, which film is better, THE ARTIST or ELF.
  8. Timmer wrote
    it has long been a bothering thought to me, which film is better, THE ARTIST or ELF.

Häääää? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Demetris wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    The Artist - Ludovic Bource

Volker

It's absolutely wonderful indeed, and what a greatly-acted and constructed movie!

Absolutely. As a huge lover of films from the tens and twenties of the last century, I enjoyed this film immensely! So clever and rich!

Definitely not for everyone though.
    I heard of several people walking out "because they couldn't stand there was no talking". biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2013 edited
    Timmer wrote

A third one to put into the mix would be THROW MAMMA FROM THE TRAIN.
  9. It's fascinating, actually. I wonder how many people were walking out from movies "because they couldn't stand there WAS talking" in the late twenties/early thirties!.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website