• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2013
    Jason LeBlanc has already done it.

01 Opening Titles (OST 1)
    02 Incident at Isla Nublar (OST 3 0:00-2:12)
    03 The Encased Mosquioto (BON 19 2:46-end)
    04 The Entrance Of Mr. Hammond (BON 17 0:00-0:56)
    05 Journey To The Island (OST 4)
    06 Stalling Around (BON 18)
    07 Hatching Baby Raptor (OST 6 0:00-1:57)
    08 The History Lesson (BON 17 0:56-end)
    09 Jurassic Park Gate (OST 13)
    10 Goat Bait (OST 14 0:00-2:20)
    11 An Ailing Monster (OST 08 0:00-2:27)
    12 The Coming Storm (BON 19 0:00-1:16)
    13 Dennis Steals the Embryos (OST 9)
    14 The Falling Car (OST 3 2:13-end)
    15 The T-Rex Chase (BON 19 1:16-2:46)
    16 A Tree For My Bed (OST 10)
    17 Remembering Petticoat Lane (OST 12)
    18 My Friend, The Brachiosaurus (OST 8 2:27-end)
    19 Eggs In The Forest (OST 6 1:57-end)
    20 Preparing to Meet the Monster (OST 14 2:21-end)
    21 High Wire Stunts (OST 11)
    22 Hungry Raptor (BON 20)
    23 Into the Kitchen (OST 5)
    24 T-Rex Rescue and Finale (OST 15)
    25 End Credits (OST 7)

An alternate mostly-chronological playlist version (no editing required!)

01 Opening Titles (0:33)
    03 Incident at Isla Nublar (5:20)
    04 Journey to the Island (8:51)
    18 Stalling Around (2:32)
    06 Hatching Baby Raptor (3:21)
    17 The History Lesson (2:28)
    13 Jurassic Park Gate (2:04)
    08 My Friend, the Brachiosaurus (4:16)
    09 Dennis Steals the Embryo (4:56)
    19 The Coming Storm (3:58)
    10 A Tree for My Bed (2:12)
    12 Remembering Petticoat Lane (2:48)
    14 Eye to Eye (6:32)
    11 High-wire Stunts (4:08)
    20 Hungry Raptor (2:05)
    05 The Raptor Attack (2:49)
    15 T-Rex Rescue & Finale (7:40)
    07 Welcome to Jurassic Park (7:55)

02 Theme from Jurassic Park (3:27) is a theme track that mostly duplicates a cue inside OST track 4, you can place it where you like
    16 End Credits (3:25) is a duplicate of the end of Track 7 and is not needed
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Jurassic Park Bonus Tracks - John Williams shocked

"The Coming Storm" and "Hungry Raptor" are on repeat for the next little while!

punk

-Erik-

Excellent. I'm sure someone has already done this somewhere, but clearly we need to know the right order to play the tracks in. Jurassic Park is one of those albums I actually rearranged myself anyway (since it's a bit silly in released form, with the end titles in the middle and all).

I think the 'end titles' works perfectly where it is -- a sort of midway climax (actually a bit before the midway) in what is basically a sonata form. JURASSIC PARK is one of my favourite album assemblies ever.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Portrait of a Lady - Wojciech Kilar

One of those albums that makes me glad to be alive (and it's taking quite a lot to do that at the moment for various reasons!)

I'm glad you're alive and I'm glad you're playing this sublime score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    I think the 'end titles' works perfectly where it is -- a sort of midway climax (actually a bit before the midway) in what is basically a sonata form. JURASSIC PARK is one of my favourite album assemblies ever.

I'm surprised. Perhaps nothing should surprise me. I prefer climaxes to come at the end!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    Portrait of a Lady - Wojciech Kilar

One of those albums that makes me glad to be alive (and it's taking quite a lot to do that at the moment for various reasons!)

I'm glad you're alive and I'm glad you're playing this sublime score.

Thank you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote

I'm surprised. Perhaps nothing should surprise me. I prefer climaxes to come at the end!

The best things have several climaxes. Just ask the ladies.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote
    Thor wrote

The best things have several climaxes. Just ask the ladies.

Don't worry, a number of ladies have told me this over the years - usually just before they slam the door. I like to tell them that the best things come in small packages.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: SPIDERMAN 2 (Danny Elfman)

I don't think I can ever warm to Elfman's superhero scores, except maybe the BATMANs. There's so much noise! The theme is great and everything...and the more intimate parts....but all those brass wailings! Man, it drives me nuts.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

punk

-Erik-

Excellent. I'm sure someone has already done this somewhere, but clearly we need to know the right order to play the tracks in. Jurassic Park is one of those albums I actually rearranged myself anyway (since it's a bit silly in released form, with the end titles in the middle and all).

Funnily I find Jurassic Park to have an incredible odd album assembly. The End Credits is the exact same three and a half minutes of the end of Journey To The Island!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I know! It's beautiful.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

punk

-Erik-

We've been over this before. I'm with James. Terrible sequencing.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2013 edited
    Yeah, that's right. I had a feeling of deja vu there. I disagree just as much with you guys now as I did then.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    At least you agree on that. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2013 edited
    Yeah. It's hard to be more on opposite sides than this. I think it's the textbook example on how to arrange albums, one of the best programs of all time, near perfection. Erik thinks it's terrible. Go figure! dizzy
    I am extremely serious.
  1. I am on the side of Erik and Southall. I think whoever got the idea of taking two ambient tracks and dividing them with actually a romantic theme, should get shot biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    tongue
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    A bit of random iTunes shuffling brought up "For the Love of a Princess" from Braveheart. Damn it, this is one of the most gorgeous pieces of film music. And damn that Gustav Holst for so shamefully ripping it off in The Planets.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Wind and the Lion - Jerry Goldsmith

Magnificent. They don't write them like this any more.
  2. biggrin

When the Moon is in the Seventh Houseee
    and JUPITER aligns with Maaaars.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2013
    Southall wrote

They don't! And what a shame that is!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I am on the side of GOD.

Bregt will be most pleased.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    A bit of random iTunes shuffling brought up "For the Love of a Princess" from Braveheart. Damn it, this is one of the most gorgeous pieces of film music. And damn that Gustav Holst for so shamefully ripping it off in The Planets.

Naughty Gustav I say.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    biggrin

When the Moon is in the Seventh Houseee
    and JUPITER aligns with Maaaars.

Please tell me an age is not still dawning?
  3. Southall wrote

I believe that Raisuli Attacks features the best trumpet part to ever grace a film score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2013 edited
    Southall wrote
    I am on the side of GOD.

Actually, I have no opinion on the JP album but I'm glad I'm not alone!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: SPY KIDS (various)

It has about the same amount of composers as KICK-ASS, but somehow feels more unified due to its mix of Hispanic flavours with a Barry/Zimmer/Powell-type amalgam pastiche. Entertaining album!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE YOUNG INDIANA JONES CHRONICLES, VOL. 1 (Joel McNeely & Laurence Rosenthal)

Because it's Joel's birthday today.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    NP: SPY KIDS (various)

It has about the same amount of composers as KICK-ASS, but somehow feels more unified due to its mix of Hispanic flavours with a Barry/Zimmer/Powell-type amalgam pastiche. Entertaining album!

Rodriguez is in very good contact with Hans himself. Rodriguez actually asked him if he wouldn't score Sin City, but Hans convinced him to score it alone.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Southall wrote

I believe that Raisuli Attacks features the best trumpet part to ever grace a film score.

Really???? How so, do explain because there are some darned good 'trumpet parts' out there, what makes this the best ever?

Sorry to call you on this Pawel but I just found your comment very odd.

p.s. It's a brilliant piece, anyone know who plays the trumpet on that track?