• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013
    I wouldn't call Zimmer's scores junk, especially the second one. But vastly superior to Unbreakable? uhm What be you smoking?

Also, I remember quite enjoying The Dark Knight Rises when I saw it in the cinema, but then it's easier to gloss over a film's flaws when you see a big spectacle like that on the big screen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013 edited
    Prometheus being a particularly good example of that. I loved it when I saw it in the cinema, but now I can't forgive its pants-on-head retarded script (although I was aware of the bad writing in the cinema, but was clearly too enamoured about seeing an Alien sequel made by Ridley himself).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2013 edited
    Steven wrote
    I wouldn't call Zimmer's scores junk, especially the second one. But vastly superior to Unbreakable? uhm What be you smoking?

I don't really like any of the Shyamalan scores, except for certain parts of THE VILLAGE. They're OK in context, but not something I like to listen to.

Incidentally, PROMETHEUS was my favourite film of last year (I believe I've said that a few times now, he, he...).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Seriously? A first!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I agree with Erik and Martijn.

What a shame that most of these films ( superheroes ) have such poor scores.

Supes takes it. No competition even starts to begin to show the budding inkling of a suggestion of even being considered coming to within ten feet of being called close to that one.

You know it!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Demetris wrote
    Oh My, it seems i might have have given dear Tim, D-itis!

Oh my!!!!? shocked You're RIGHT! shame dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor said:-
    He, he...I laugh in YOUR FACE!

( Tim holds mirror to Thor's face )

I'm just too fast for you, sunshine. Too fast!!! tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor said:-
    He, he...I laugh in YOUR FACE!

( Tim holds mirror to Thor's face )

I'm just too fast for you, sunshine. Too fast!!! tongue wink

biggrin ........ slant
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade~John Williams

I love this! Moreover, it's my daddy's favourite! I'm his junior! shame
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  1. NP: Sherlock Holmes: Classic Themes from 221B Baker Street - various composers (Varese, 1996)

Great compilation!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan - James Horner

Everyone loves a good list - especially Steven.

If I listed my top five James Horner scores in alphabetical order, this would be last.

If I listed them in chronological order, this would be first.

If I listed them by adding up the number of letters in the name of the Secretary General of the United Nations at the time of the film's release, it would be joint second.

If I listed them in order of magnificence, it would of course be first.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    James Southall
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Gesundheit
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Malfunctioning Crotch - Kelvin S. Wheelbarrow

Not one of his best and the tracks with additional music by Lorne Balfe are shite, but "Masturbating on the way to the Spar" is probably the single finest three minutes of music to come from his pen since Granny Patacake's "Deadly Geraniums".
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I hate lists...
  2. Image doesn't work.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    The Malfunctioning Crotch - Kelvin S. Wheelbarrow

Not one of his best and the tracks with additional music by Lorne Balfe are shite, but "Masturbating on the way to the Spar" is probably the single finest three minutes of music to come from his pen since Granny Patacake's "Deadly Geraniums".

lol cry
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    My favourite thing about Kelvin Wheelbarrow is that after I made him up in a post on here (or was it scorereviews?) and said he had written additional music for one of Hans's Pirates scores, someone actually added him on IMDB and put him in the film's credits. He's been taken out of the credits now, but his name remains on the IMDB if you search for him.
  3. biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2013
    Southall wrote
    My favourite thing about Kelvin Wheelbarrow is that after I made him up in a post on here (or was it scorereviews?) and said he had written additional music for one of Hans's Pirates scores, someone actually added him on IMDB and put him in the film's credits. He's been taken out of the credits now, but his name remains on the IMDB if you search for him.

Legend! beer
  4. We can do better than that. We can get the master maestro Brian Kilkline added.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    The Red House - Miklos Rozsa

Great re-recording of a very fine score. Overly long, stretched over 1 and a bit CD's as it is, and the main theme does wear a little bit thin by the end, but it's quality Golden Age film music and great to have in a lavish and lovingly produced form.
  5. Southall wrote

Oh, now it gets a little better. Now you can tell whose been copying & pasting:

www.filmzene.net/read.php?u=c_premonition.html
    www.filmmusik2000.de/badpre.htm
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  6. Earlier today I played Dune by Graeme Revell.
    I find that score much better than his meh reputation suggests. The same goes for the mini series.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Back To The Future Part II - Alan Silvestri

Lots of nostalgia with this one. This was one of the first score albums I owned back in high school... on cassette. I wore this one out!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2013
    Captain Future wrote
    Earlier today I played Dune by Graeme Revell.
    I find that score much better than his meh reputation suggests. The same goes for the mini series.

Volker

Actually, I pulled this one out the shelf last week and played it for the first time in over a decade!
    And yes, it has some fine moments. And I do like the main theme very much.
    Pity the album didn't include the end titles from the show as that showcased the theme nicely.
    I might have to watch the DVDs again too!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I should be in bed but I couldn't help putting on a selection of my favourite tracks from...

NP : TOTAL RECALL - Jerry Goldsmith

punk
  7. Timmer wrote
    I should be in bed but I couldn't help putting on a selection of my favourite tracks from...

NP : TOTAL RECALL - Jerry Goldsmith

punk

It was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw your post: Does that guy sleep at some point?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    GI Joe: Retaliation - Henry Jackman

Truly execrable.