• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2013
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : ROAD TO PERDITION - Thomas Newman

Wonderful score.

If I had to pick an all-time favorite Newman, it would be this.

A close second to Shawshank for me.

Not so refined but I'd love a release of his score for THE LOST BOYS, the first time I noticed his name and music to a film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - Power Glove

OOOOOoooo, kinda love this immensely catchy 80s throwback score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: PAIN & GAIN (Steve Jablonsky)

I dig it!
    I am extremely serious.
  1. NP: Ennio Morricone

A Fistful of Dollars
    For a Few Dollars More
    The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I am a huge fan of expanded score releases but when it comes to the Dollar Trilogy I prefer the original LP presentations as a listening experiance. The expanded releases of this scores tend to be too repetetive imho.

This trilogy is one of the things that originally lured me into collection film music.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Over The Hedge - Rupert Gregson-Williams & Ben Folds

I must admit I like this album (including the songs) tongue
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : PLANET OF THE APES - Jerry Goldsmith

A classic score but not one I play very often. The highlight for me is 'The Hunt', it's amazing to think this track was not available on the scores original release.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2013
    Thor wrote
    NP: PAIN & GAIN (Steve Jablonsky)

I dig it!

It's not a bad album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Pearl Harbor - Hans Zimmer

One of the best love theme Hans Zimmer has every written. Sure, it's very schmaltzy, but it's completely in alignment with the time, the story and overall scope of the movie.
  2. Not sure how well, the score aligns with the time of the movie, it's written in a very anachronistic way. Also the production was a total mess and Hans hated the movie, so there is a lot of stuff to consider.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. PawelStroinski wrote
    Not sure how well, the score aligns with the time of the movie, it's written in a very anachronistic way. Also the production was a total mess and Hans hated the movie, so there is a lot of stuff to consider.

Im nor sure If Ip meant the time of the air raid or the time the film was made.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Not sure how well, the score aligns with the time of the movie, it's written in a very anachronistic way. Also the production was a total mess and Hans hated the movie, so there is a lot of stuff to consider.

I agree with Hans. Horrible film -- and his music certainly didn't make things better. Quite the opposite. A syrupy mess.
    I am extremely serious.
  4. NP: TRON - Wendy Carlos (Disney, 1982)

As iconic as it gets.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Gladiator - Hans Zimmer

It's been a few years. Enjoyable album, but the synthy stuff sounds very silly now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJim Ware
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2013
    Southall wrote
    Gladiator - Hans Zimmer

It's been a few years. Enjoyable album, but the synthy stuff sounds very silly now.

It sounded great live this evening (http://artproductions.ch/konzerte42.html).
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    PawelStroinski wrote

The score, anachronistic as it is, doesn't detract for me. Horner's Titanic was completely anachronistic as well, but it worked. As an album, it's pretty good. I feel that the schmaltzy, sugary stuff is in line with my impression of movies that were made at the time, incredibly overwrought and overbearing at time. That approach worked back then, and it didn't quite work this time, but I didn't enjoy it less. I love the main theme, which is kind of a love theme for the two friend and subsequently for the love triangle.

What I don't like about the score is the jarring inclusion of Trevor Rabin's mismatch action style, heard in "War". There were better materials from earlier in the score that should have been included, though I suspect that those were done later in the production. Those cues would have been more appropriate than the rock-based Rabin material that were in the temp.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : UNE HOMME ET UNE FEMME - Francis Lai

Very enjoyable score with a theme that became the ultimate 'elevator lounge' music.

Here's my FAVOURITE track from the album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Defiance - Bear McCreary

Better now that I'm not expecting anything good.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Scarlet Letter - E Bernstein

Really impressive music. Completely different from Barry's also excellent replacement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Toy Story 3 - R Newman

Delightful score, the best of the series I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Toy Story 3 - R Newman

Delightful score, the best of the series I think.

Easily!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Life of Pi - M Danna

Lovely to revisit this gem after a few months without. Excellent album.
  5. Harry Gregson-Williams - Spy Game

One of my favourite Gregson-Williams, and generally MV/RCP scores outside of Hans Zimmer. Quite intelligent, very varied and still a coherent sound for what I think is an underrated movie, one, in fact, of Tony Scott's very best, when it comes to the story itself rivalling Crimson Tide (which is not as silly as it's generally regarded).

It joined my film music collection today. This and Kingdom of Heaven are the only Gregson-Williams scores I wanted to own. Had my favourite track (not in film) been released, I would also buy Man on Fire, but because of that omission, I'm sticking with the iTunes exclusive.
  6. Southall wrote
    Life of Pi - M Danna

I bought the DVD today.

Volker
  7. Captain Future wrote
    Southall wrote
    Life of Pi - M Danna

I bought the DVD today.

Volker

Anne watched this the other day. From what I saw of it I would have hated trying to sit through the whole film.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Carpetbaggers - E Bernstein

Prime Bernstein - love it.
  8. NP: Helen of Troy - Joel Goldsmith

Beautiful score!

Volker
  9. Hans Zimmer - Broken Arrow

The Lala Land 2CD version. Yes, I like the score quite a lot. The only pure Zimmer actioner from the 1990s I am regularly returning to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2013
    NP: ROAR! - Michael Giacchino

Remains one of Giacchino's most coolest pieces and one of my favorites.
  10. NP: Clash of the Titans - Laurence Rosenthal, 1981 (Intrada)

A great orchestral score!

Volker
  11. NP: Jason and the Argonauts - Bernard Herrmann. (Intrada)
    Sinfonia of London & Bruce Broughton