• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    James' reviews are always little works of art.

shame

Thanks!

I do think that everyone who feels this way should fill in this survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8H2WNXG

I do think that everyone who doesn't feel this way should not follow that link.

I'm curious....who created this survey and why?

For the record, yours is my favorite review site, James, followed closely by Jon's.
  2. IRON MAN 3 - Brian Tyler

First listen. Not bad so far. It's very frenetic, which isn't my favorite thing, but Tyler can do that sort of thing very well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 12th 2013
    christopher wrote
    Southall wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    James' reviews are always little works of art.

shame

Thanks!

I do think that everyone who feels this way should fill in this survey:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/8H2WNXG

I do think that everyone who doesn't feel this way should not follow that link.

I'm curious....who created this survey and why?

For the record, yours is my favorite review site, James, followed closely by Jon's.

It was created by Pete Simons (Filmtracks user PT). Not sure why!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    That's a curious survey. When was it created?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    A few days ago I think. PT raised it at Filmtracks, where I sometimes lurk.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Coup de Foudre - Luis Bacalov

Exquisite music, one of his best.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : V FOR VENDETTA - Dario Marianelli

Very enjoyable, love it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Il Mercenario - E Morricone

Breathtaking.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2013
    NP: Fire and Ice - William Kraft

Raw, brutal, primal. I LIKE it!!! cool
  3. NP: The Amazing Spider-Man - James Horner

The amazing Spidey score!

I have to return to school later for some meetings to prepare the oral A-level examinations starting tomorrow.

For tonight I have scheduled:

Antony and Cleopatra - John Scott

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I approve of your schedule.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Journey Austin Wintory

I finally managed to play the game last night. It was without a doubt the most profound experience I've ever had playing a game. Although it probably sounds like I'm overstating things, it really is a very artistic and rather moving game! (And about as long as a film. ) A big part of that is due to the music. To be honest I'd never really paid much attention to it on album, never really bothered to listen to the whole thing. But having heard it in its entirety in the game, I can now understand why Southall rates this one so highly. 'Journey' really is a fitting description, for both game and music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I understand what you're saying.
    I had much the same experience with Curse Of Monkey Island.
    Which of course has a far cooler title.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I've never played it. Are you being serious?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ^That's not meant to sound confrontational biggrin
  4. Steven wrote
    Journey Austin Wintory

I finally managed to play the game last night. It was without a doubt the most profound experience I've ever had playing a game. Although it probably sounds like I'm overstating things, it really is a very artistic and rather moving game! (And about as long as a film. ) A big part of that is due to the music. To be honest I'd never really paid much attention to it on album, never really bothered to listen to the whole thing. But having heard it in its entirety in the game, I can now understand why Southall rates this one so highly. 'Journey' really is a fitting description, for both game and music.

it is indeed a unique game, and the music definitely enhances the experience
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : MERLIN - Trevor Jones

Very good.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Timmer wrote

Very good.

Indeed! Here's my "King Arthur Chart"

1. Knights of the Round Table - Miklos Rozsa
    2. Excalibur - various composers
    3. The Mists of Avalon - Lee Holdrige
    4. First Knight - Jerry Goldsmith
    5. Merlin - Trevor Jones
    6. Camelot - The Danna Brothers

I believe that are all Arthur-scores in my collection. Oh wait, I have no "Excalibur" CD, but Wagner and Carl Orff.

knight Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2013 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote

Very good.

5. Merlin - Trevor Jones

I believe that are all Arthur-scores in my collection. Oh wait, I have no "Excalibur" CD, but Wagner and Carl Orff.

knight Volker

cool

I have most of those and I can add Paul Lewis, Arthur of The Britons ( an early 70's TV series, it's a 12 minute suite on a compilation )
  6. NP: Pompei (2007) - Marco Frisina

What a marvelous score! The titoli di testa needs to be played loud, so that your neighbours may also enjoy it.

cheesy Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Captain Future wrote

5. Merlin - Trevor Jones

Someone wishes to add that Zimmer's "King Arthur" is in their opinion more enjoyable than any and all of the above scores (at least the 2/3 that he/she has heard) but that someone is obviously not me because I wish to depart from this place with all of my bodily extremities intact.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Everyone is free to give an opinion even when it is 100% wrong. wink
  7. I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. (Evelyn Beatrice Hall)
  8. Timmer wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote

Very good.

5. Merlin - Trevor Jones

knight Volker

cool

I have most of those and I can add Paul Lewis, Arthur of The Britons ( an early 70's TV series, it's a 12 minute suite on a compilation )

Any excuse to mention Lewis' score. I'd like to hear Elmer Bernstein's (?) theme.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  9. Scribe wrote
    Someone wishes to add that Zimmer's "King Arthur" is in their opinion more enjoyable than any and all of the above scores (at least the 2/3 that he/she has heard) but that someone is obviously not me because I wish to depart from this place with all of my bodily extremities intact.

Hey, man, not cool outing me like that! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 14th 2013
    Scribe wrote
    Captain Future wrote

5. Merlin - Trevor Jones

Actually King Arthur is one of his best scores, love it too.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote

Very good.

5. Merlin - Trevor Jones

knight Volker

cool

Any excuse to mention Lewis' score. I'd like to hear Elmer Bernstein's (?) theme.

Have you never heard it Alan?
  10. Yes, I have heard the theme - I used to watch the original programme avidly when it was on - but I have only heard it occasionally more recently. I had a recollection that it was Bernstein who wrote it but wasn't entirely sure I remembered correctly.

How come Bernstein ended up writing the theme?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Yes, I have heard the theme - I used to watch the original programme avidly when it was on - but I have only heard it occasionally more recently. I had a recollection that it was Bernstein who wrote it but wasn't entirely sure I remembered correctly.

How come Bernstein ended up writing the theme?

I have no idea? We may have found out if Geoff Leonard had got HTV to allow him to release the score ( apparently they have it and are not interested in releasing it ). Paul Lewis did some great variations on Elmer's theme within the show.
  11. I gave Ron Grainer's score to "The Moon-Spinners" one ore fair shot. It did not pass.

A CD-R transfer of the LP, since there's been no CD release, it includes one song and the rest score; only 10 tracks, and 26:50 total running time.

It's has some breif, fleeting moments that could have been something, but end up not. I don't recall the theme (if there was one), and the score can drag from some repitition. An entire five minute action piece, is very repetitive until the end.

There's nothing here I need to hear again.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.