• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2014
    Southall wrote
    Searching for Bobby Fischer - JR Horner

One of his best. Just brilliant.

FACT x 1,000,000

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ^
    Aye, tis a lovely score indeed!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    What are the other scores in this "family"? I can think of A Beautiful Mind obviously, Bicentennial Man (which is like a Horner compilation album), any more?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Sneakers is an earlier example.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    A.I. John Williams

This is Williams wearing his emotions on his sleeves, to put it mildly. It's just incredible.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    A.I. John Williams

This is Williams wearing his emotions on his sleeves, to put it mildly. It's just incredible.

It is! This and War of The Worlds are probably my favourite JW scores of the 00's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    A.I. John Williams

A masterpiece, pure and simple.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. That score has activated our imprinting protocols.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    A.I. John Williams

It is! This and War of The Worlds are probably my favourite JW scores of the 00's.

I think A.I. might be my favourite score of this millennium. Needless to say, I agree with Thor's assessment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Land Before Time - JR Horner

Love this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2014
    While we're listing things, my vote goes to Balto for favourite animated Horner score. (The Don Davis did some of the orchestrations.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    My vote goes to The Land Before Time, though Balto is the best one beginning with B. An American Tail is always much better than I expect it to be, and definitely one of the best two beginning with A.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    I think A.I. might be my favourite score of this millennium. Needless to say, I agree with Thor's assessment.

It's my 9th favourite score of the new millennium but it's easily Williams' best work of the past 14 years.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    My vote goes to The Land Before Time, though Balto is the best one beginning with B. An American Tail is always much better than I expect it to be, and definitely one of the best two beginning with A.

An American Tail gets my vote as best Horner animated score.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2014 edited
    ALL his animated scores are weedy and easily dismissed compared to the might of KRULL ( a film with barely animated actors )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah

FACT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Was Don Davis involved in Krull? I don't think Don Davis was involved in Krull.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Which Don Davis? Because I'm telling you now that the Don Davis who some people mean when they say Don Davis isn't the same Don Davis some other people mean when they say Don Davis. We need precision here else we will not be able to respond to your query.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2014 edited
    I've been talking about this guy. I don't know who you are talking about?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Rainman Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    I think A.I. might be my favourite score of this millennium.

It's my 9th favourite score of the new millennium...

That's oddly specific!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Erik Rainman Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    I think A.I. might be my favourite score of this millennium.

It's my 9th favourite score of the new millennium...

That's oddly specific!

Of course it's specific!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    A new italian soundtrack called Smog featuring Chet Baker and vocalist Helen Merril.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
  2. There was a music show on German TV "Formel 1" (Formula 1) that featured music videos during the 80s.. The show somewhat anticipated what later would be MTV. That show had various themes during the years, one by Harold Faltermeyer, one by Jaap Eggermont (Golden Earring, Stars on 45) and a special version of Yello's "The Race" sans vocals.
    These tracks have now finally been released on CD.

A happy camper,
    cheesy
    Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Casper James Horner

It's safe to say this is one of my top five 1995 James Horner scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Sneakers - JR Horner

Just brilliant. Do something like this again, please.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Sneakers - JR Horner

It really is a great score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2014
    Southall wrote
    Sneakers - JR Horner

One of my top four Horner scores from 1992. It's excellent!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    What were his other three scores from 92?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Unlawful Entry, Thunderheart and Patriot Games. The only thing I know about any of these other scores is one sounds...oirishy?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2014 edited
    Steven wrote
    Unlawful Entry, Thunderheart and Patriot Games. The only thing I know about any of these other scores is one sounds...oirishy?

IMO it's the only good one of those three.

Thunderheart in particular is not good.