• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2014
    I think Patriot Games is good. But obviously not as good as Sneakers.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I think Patriot Games is good. But obviously not as good as Sneakers.

It is better than the other three combined and then some.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. I agree, though I quite like the atmosphere of Thunderheart.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I listened to it again a couple years back after many years of not listening to it and I still didn't like it. I need to get rid of it at some point.

NP : HULK - Danny Elfman

One of the better scores to a Marvel character. The film is rather underrated IMO.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2014 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I agree, though I quite like the atmosphere of Thunderheart.

Yes!! I picked it up when I was still a baby film score fan, thinking it would be like Braveheart but with Native American instruments instead of "Scottish" ones. And I hated it. I was mad that I wasted the money. Now, some 8 years later, I love the heck out of the thing. I don't listen to it but maybe once a year (the highlights perhaps more often) but when it comes on in my shuffling, I enjoy the atmosphere and soundscaping immensely. I must also praise the clarity of the recording...the ethnic instruments in particular are incredibly vivid and precise, especially for a 20+ year old album. Those pipes (or whatever it is that's carrying the stabbing rhythmic melody in "Run For The Stronghold") make me feel like my brain is getting poked repeatedly, right in the sonic pleasure centers. biggrin
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE VAMPIRE COLLECTION - James Bernard, Harry Robinson, David Whitaker & Laurie Johnson

Fantastically dark and gothic music, Harry Robinson's superb compositions in particular are very over-looked. Shame about some of the sources being from poor quality.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    And now it's time. Yes, it's time.

KRULL!

Better than sex. FACT.

My oh my you must have some terrible sex in your life wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    A.I. John Williams

This is Williams wearing his emotions on his sleeves, to put it mildly. It's just incredible.

It is! This and War of The Worlds are probably my favourite JW scores of the 00's.

I think A.I. might be my favourite score of this millennium. Needless to say, I agree with Thor's assessment.

Agree with both of you. True gems.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014) - Howard Shore

Epic orchestral leitmotiv scoring has found refuge in animated films and TV productions.

Volker

No, no, my friend. Shore doesn't write as good wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2014
    Southall wrote
    TWATL JG

Magnificent.

The World According To Larry - John Geilgud
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    TWATL JG

Magnificent.

Needs more Kilkline.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. A few years ago Chris Boardman did a CD of piano music. It's almost completely piano (there's a two or three cues with some synth sounds and one thing that soudns like a guitar effect).

It's a plesant listen:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ4O0BF7_FM

On a related note, composer David De Palo did some piano "meditations", which are free for download and also play and lopp on his website, which are nice:
    http://www.daviddepalo.com/about_me/med … for_piano/
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Postman Olivia Newton Howard

Excellent score. True 4 star material.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE VAMPIRE COLLECTION - James Bernard, Harry Robinson, David Whitaker & Laurie Johnson

Fantastically dark and gothic music, Harry Robinson's superb compositions in particular are very over-looked. Shame about some of the sources being from poor quality.

An excellent collection which now I am going to revisit.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    started the morning off with the Elfman music from the film Hitchcock.
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2014 edited
    sdtom wrote
    Timmer wrote

An excellent collection which now I am going to revisit.
    Tom

beer

As we know, James Bernard scored quite a number of Hammer films. I wish Harry Robinson had worked more in film scoring and particularly in the horror genre, his vampire scores are eerily seductive and so heady, what Thor calls "delicious darkness" is in full flow with his work. As for David Whitaker he just never scored enough films, was he a massively neglected talent or did he just pick and choose when he wanted to write or not. I don't know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Guardian of the Galaxy - Tyler Bates

The main theme is quite possibly Tyler Bates' best creation ever. It's the only thing that's uniting the mess of temp track influences together.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Willow - JR Horner

I only listen to this once every five years to see if I like it any more than I used to. The time has come to do so again.
  3. NP: Houdini - John Debney & Sebastian Arocha

Avoid. I thought it was pretty bad for most of the 120 minutes.

"This has been a public information announcement"
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Southall wrote
    Willow - JR Horner

I only listen to this once every five years to see if I like it any more than I used to. The time has come to do so again.

Well, do you?
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  5. NP: Willow (1988) - James Horner

I always found the use of the theme from Schumann's Rhenanian Symphony (No 3) annoying. Apart of that it is still one of my favourite Horner scores. I never cared much about the film.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2014
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote
    TWATL JG

Magnificent.

applause love punk bounce

EXCELLENT!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 19th 2014 edited
    and there I was thinking it had "whooooshed!" over everyone's heads. rolleyes beer

I knew it wouldn't pass you though wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    This is why need a goddamn like/rep button for the love of holy fuck.
  6. NP: Krull (1983) - James Horner
    The LP presentation derived from the LLL album.

Nice, nice. But for the life of me, I could never listen to Battle Beyond the Stars, Star Trek II+III and Krull in a row.

Volker
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    This is why need a goddamn like/rep button for the love of holy fuck.

Hell yes! Amen to that bro beer

:like:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Krull (1983) - James Horner
    The LP presentation derived from the LLL album.

Nice, nice. But for the life of me, I could never listen to Battle Beyond the Stars, Star Trek II+III and Krull in a row.

Volker

shocked

Good lord, what an excellent idea!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    In the right mood I could go through all of those and enjoy. Most likely on a Sunday when it's unlikely I'll get disturbed and I can in turn disturb any possible Jehovah type callers away.
  7. In my mind they all mix up into one big Horner-early-80s-meta-score that has been evenly distributed on four individual films.