• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014 edited
    PHARAOH: MUSIC FOR FIREWORKS | sioen

For the Ghent Festival, Belgian (and Ghent) musician Sioen wrote a soundtrack for the 20 minute firework during the festival (which was right around the corner of my apartment!). I like it a lot because it's very catchy especially in the second half. Added a lot to the atmosphere during the whole thing. He made a movie of it based upon people's recordings.

http://vimeo.com/102603527

fireworks
    Kazoo
  1. NP: Disney's Tron (1982) - Wendy Carlos / Journey

One of the true classics.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. christopher wrote
    Just finished my first listen to THE GIVER by Marco Beltrami. It's certainly the most accessible Beltrami score I've heard (though I'm unfamiliar with SURF'S UP, which I understand is also pretty easy on the ears).

You mean Soul Surfer wink
    Surf's Up is by Danna
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. Surfing penguin mockumentary computer animation and live action one-armed surfer girl. Sure I can be forgiven when the two films are so similar wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2014
    The one-armed silver penguin girl surfer.
  4. A film about a one-armed penguin would be quite funny.

Round and round and round...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
  5. NP: STAR WARS (1977) - John Williams

The Maharaja of science fiction scores. cool
    The Foxmusic /Arista release that is almost but not quite identical to the original LP release.

Volker

Edit: There are some strange background noises. I have this set twice and it's the same on both CDs, the disc is not the problem. Also some of these noises are also audible on the Sony release.
  6. Ambient scoring stage noises?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Knick - Cliff Martinez

I like Martinez a lot and this one is floating my boat, but it won't be for everyone.

His comment in the press release is quite funny:

As usual, Steven [Soderbergh] and I rarely spoke and instead communicated via mental telepathy,” said Martinez. “In so many words he told me: ‘We're all going to recreate early 1900s New York as authentically as possible...except for you. I want the music to be modern and electronic.’
  7. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Ambient scoring stage noises?

I think so.
  8. Southall wrote
    His comment in the press release is quite funny:

Indeed it is, both men seem to know that that's the only trick in Martinez' arsenal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Tron Legacy (2010) - Daft Punk

This is great film music.

Volker

Absolutely agree. I'd say that this, in part the Dark Knight scores, and of course Inception, define the current decade's sound so far. Strong legacy.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    An American Tail - James Horner

Quite wonderful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    And now it's time. Yes, it's time.

KRULL!

Better than sex. FACT.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh my, I wasn't aware the planets had aligned...

KRULL!!!
  9. Oh my, I wasn't aware the planets had aligned...

SEX
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2014
    Up all night to get lucky.
  10. NP: Attack of the Clones (John Williams)

Pretty good. That lovely little last visit to Anakin's theme in the credits (which of course, didn't make the film) makes me wish Williams had written a tone poem journey through the motifs of the saga that could be played and appreciated as its own thing. (All those concert arrangements are nice, but it would be nice to hear a telling of the story at the symphonic scale rather than in 3-5 minute hit single chunks.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  11. And on I went through chunks of Revenge of the Sith, and a bit of Warhorse too.

NP: Grand Budapest Hotel (Desplat)

Fantastic. I know Godzilla is it for some, but I just enjoy the light dextrous stuff here so much more. Music with a sense of humour and composition.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  12. franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Attack of the Clones (John Williams)

Pretty good. That lovely little last visit to Anakin's theme in the credits (which of course, didn't make the film) makes me wish Williams had written a tone poem journey through the motifs of the saga that could be played and appreciated as its own thing. (All those concert arrangements are nice, but it would be nice to hear a telling of the story at the symphonic scale rather than in 3-5 minute hit single chunks.)

Pretty good indeed.
    It's marvelous, it's magic, it's STAR WARS! wink
  13. Southall wrote
    And now it's time. Yes, it's time.

KRULL!

Better than sex. FACT.

You've had some very crappy sex, apparently. wink
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  14. NP: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014) - Howard Shore

Epic orchestral leitmotiv scoring has found refuge in animated films and TV productions.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Searching for Bobby Fischer - JR Horner

One of his best. Just brilliant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Now if only John Powell had scored The Hobbit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    That would have been better than sex.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
  15. shame biggrin

I had just read about those new expanded Shore releases!
    And: Had Powell scored The Hobbit we could not possibly have gotten anything better than we actually did.

OK, OK, so:

NP: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014) - John Powell

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    In the space of three lines you've already named something better than we did get! wink