• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2014
    NP : THE LIST OF ADRIAN MESSENGER - Jerry Goldsmith

Mmmmmmmmmm! love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    JP : CAPTAIN SCHMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Henry Jackman

It's not great but it's also not as bad as I was expecting. In fact I really enjoyed some of the ambient stuff, on the other hand tracks like The Winter Soldier and Into The Fray I found nearly intolerable.

"The Winter Soldier" is -- without question -- the best and most interesting track on the whole album. It tries something new and is wholly unique -- a cross between avantgarde modernism and smart electronica. Great stuff!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That may be so Thor but it was, for me, a horrible track that I barely managed to get through.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. The first half is an ambient floor like Tangerine Dream, Brian Eno and Klaus Schulze used to create 35 years ago. The second half is not without merrit but should not last longer than one minute. And it screams "Native Instruments" all the way through.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  2. NP: The Private Live of Sherlock Holmes - Miklos Rozsa
    Tadlow recording.

I recently bought the release of the original recording that the good people at Quartett Records mastered from secondary sources since the orignal tapes are lost. Under the given circumstances I think the Quartett release sounds terrific.
    Still, I am a Rozsa fanboy and the possibility of listening to this wonderful music in superior quality of sound made me also buy the Tadlow re-recording. I was not disappointed. This recording is indeed as outstanding as it is said to be.

Volker
  3. Henry Jackman - Captain America: The Winter Soldier

So... It's not as bad as many people tend to say.

When the score is orchestral it's quite good, especially when it ventures into Americana, like Silvestri actually did. I really like Project Insight and The Smithsonian. And I do seriously think that Taking a Stand belongs to the best RCP tracks in recent years.

On the other hand there's the electronics and I would say this. I admire the concept and I admire the courage. But it seriously lacks in execution.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    That may be so Thor but it was, for me, a horrible track that I barely managed to get through.

Thoughts like that mean you lack the intellectual capacity to see the subtext, according to a certain someone on Facebook whose surname may be the German word for room.
  4. Well, then I am "dumb but happy", as they use to say here in Germany.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Robots - Powell, John

I've always loved this one. Such infectious energy and fun.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2014
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE LIST OF ADRIAN MESSENGER - Jerry Goldsmith

Mmmmmmmmmm! love

Again? Why not! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Timmer wrote

Thoughts like that mean you lack the intellectual capacity to see the subtext, according to a certain someone on Facebook whose surname may be the German word for room.

*phew* that was a bit of a read. Lots of good points and Jon gave a very good account of himself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2014 edited
    Timmer wrote
    NP : BEYOND THE GATES ( aka SHOOTING DOGS ) - Dario Marianelli

This on the other hand is top rate. Beautiful score to a very good though very harrowing film.

The last track with the African vocals, We Turned Our Backs melts me every time. Sublime!

This man has a great gift for themes and melodies. Where is he ? After the boom with Atonement etc he hasn't been really in the spotlight and it is a shame cause he's one of the most valuable modern composers. Eager to hear much more music from him.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    X-Men: The Last Stand John Powell

Best Marvel score.
  5. yeah
  6. Demetris wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : BEYOND THE GATES ( aka SHOOTING DOGS ) - Dario Marianelli

This on the other hand is top rate. Beautiful score to a very good though very harrowing film.

The last track with the African vocals, We Turned Our Backs melts me every time. Sublime!

This man has a great gift for themes and melodies. Where is he ? After the boom with Atonement etc he hasn't been really in the spotlight and it is a shame cause he's one of the most valuable modern composers. Eager to hear much more music from him.

Oh, he's doing an action film, an animated film and a Peter Pan adaptation (from Atonement's director) in the course of next two years (including this one), so I don't think it's that bad smile .
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    NOAH | clint mansell

On Spotify.

Hmmm. Not so clear what to think. A bit vague and not always very likeable I think. Electric guitars, percussion and dark moody sounds. There's no real clear theme whereas Mansell usually creates a good one. Some moments remind me of The Fountain though. The nicest track is Make Thee an Ark.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    The movie looks to be a giant cheeseball, but the score could be interesting -- and maybe I'll like the film too. I can enjoy epic, audiovisual feasts for what they are.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    NOAH | clint mansell

On Spotify.

Hmmm. Not so clear what to think. A bit vague and not always very likeable I think. Electric guitars, percussion and dark moody sounds. There's no real clear theme whereas Mansell usually creates a good one. Some moments remind me of The Fountain though. The nicest track is Make Thee an Ark.

JP : NOAH - Clint Mansell

Imagine the best bits of TITANIC combined with John Williams theme from THE POSEIDEN ADVENTURE blended with the mysterioso parts of Barry's RAISE THE TITANIC....well, it's none of those.

I got bored very quickly listening to this but maybe I wasn't in the right mood?

The film sounds quite entertaining though? Apparently it's some fantasy about a racist bloke who's choosy about what animals to save from a big flood so he builds a boat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I still blame Noah for forgetting to bring the dinosaurs. Lousy job and God should've notified him sooner.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Perhaps there wasn't enough wood to make the boat a bit bigger?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You guys were expecting a theme? Don't be absurd! It's a Biblical epic with, I assume, strong imagery. No need for themes!

..... sad
  7. The state of Iraq is gonna sue because they plagiarized the Gilgamesh Epic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Bregt wrote
    NOAH | clint mansell

On Spotify.

JP : NOAH - Clint Mansell

Imagine the best bits of TITANIC combined with John Williams theme from THE POSEIDEN ADVENTURE blended with the mysterioso parts of Barry's RAISE THE TITANIC....well, it's none of those.

I got bored very quickly listening to this but maybe I wasn't in the right mood?

The film sounds quite entertaining though? Apparently it's some fantasy about a racist bloke who's choosy about what animals to save from a big flood so he builds a boat.

Is it as shitty as that Patti Smith / Kronos Quartet song they first sampled out of the album and which i totally hated?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    What guys were expecting a theme? Don't be absurd! It's a Biblical epic with, I assume, strong imagery. No need for themes!

..... sad

Apparently he was some kind of ye olde world superhero. Like Superman but wearing a whiffy costume.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Captain Future wrote
    The state of Iraq is gonna sue because they plagiarized the Gilgamesh Epic.

biggrin
    Kazoo
  8. NP: The Prince and the Pauper - Erich Wolfgang Korngold
    Tribute re-recording.

Wonderful score.
    Wonderful composer.
    Wonderful recording.

Would that George Korngold had lived to hear it.

Volker
  9. Brian Tyler - Iron Man 3

Great fun. And good to work to.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Brian Tyler - Iron Man 3

Great fun. And good to work to.

It's better than Captain America: The Winter Soldier biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote

Best Marvel score.

Spider-Man 2
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Steven wrote

Best Marvel score.

Spider-Man 2

No. X-Men: The Last Stand