• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote
    NP : APOLLO ATMOSPHERES & SOUNDTRACKS - Brian Eno

Groundbreaking. Without doubt one of the greatest works of electronica ever composed. Sublime!

Wrong thread? smile

I love this album too. Heard it thanks to a good friend.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Timmer wrote

Groundbreaking. Without doubt one of the greatest works of electronica ever composed. Sublime!

For All Mankind

punk cool
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2014
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Timmer wrote

Wrong thread? smile

I love this album too. Heard it thanks to a good friend.

I know but it kind of belongs here, so much of it has been used in film/TV and documentary,the most recent use I can think of is Peter Jackson's The Lovely Bones.

Captain Future wrote
    For All Mankind

punk cool

Indeed! One of the most iconic pieces of electronica and, for me, one of the most moving pieces of music ever.

p.s. I shouldn't have left out the substantial contributions of Roger Eno and Daniel Lanois.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. My favourite piece is The Landing - Ascent.
  4. According to Wikipedia Eno composed the music of this album specifiacally for the documentary For All Mankind (Which I happen to own on DVD.) So unless we now have a thread for music in documentaries, this is the right thread.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    According to Wikipedia Eno composed the music of this album specifiacally for the documentary For All Mankind (Which I happen to own on DVD.) So unless we now have a thread for music in documentaries, this is the right thread.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!! cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    My favourite piece is The Landing - Ascent.

An Ending - Ascent ( unless your copy is labelled differently? ) Anyway, that's the track I meant, it's spiritual.
  5. Oh, damn. My memory got rusty. That's the one!!
  6. I just added the album to my ipod, renamed it For All Mankind, cut a CD cover from the DVD cover and applied the artwork. That looks utterly cool now. Like a proper score album.
  7. NP: Only Lovers Left Alive - Jozef van Wissem & SQÜRL

I am liking the sound of this one: a mix of the old and the more recent with the combination of mandolin/acoustic guitar and raw rock band.

The movie looks intriguing too.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2014
    NP: KINGDOMS OF AMALUR - RECKONING (Grant Kirkhope)

I don't often like videogame scores, but this is a good one -- clear development throughout. I agree with whoever said earlier that the fade-outs in some tracks are pretty weird and annoying. It's like the ROBIN HOOD album by Kamen.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: TINKER BELL AND THE SECRET OF THE WINGS (Joel McNeely)

This is one of those albums you'd rather not show anyone you're listening to (don't want to mistaken for a "Brownie" or whatever they're called), but the score is wonderful -- as always. Symphonic and oldfashioned like McNeely always does well.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2014 edited
    Thor wrote

This is one of those albums you'd rather not show anyone you're listening to

Why? Who fucking cares.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

Why?

At a guess, because it's called Tinker Bell and The Secret of the Wings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    So what?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

Why?

At a guess, because it's called Tinker Bell and The Secret of the Wings.

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    So what?

-Erik-

I think Thor's comment is meant to be taken with a pinch of salt, but you can understand why having this on your iPod may raise an eyebrow or two to those who don't usually listen to film music. wink (Particularly if you're a 20/30 something single male with no children...)

Still, this is not the sort of score I'm in the mood for these days, so I will be spared this crippling embarrassment. Of course, if the headphones happen to fall out of my iPhone while I'm in the gym and it goes to speaker, they'll hear Rambo - so I'm not sure what would be worse in this case.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2014 edited
    You've managed to get a girl back home. You pour her a glass of wine.

"Why don't you put on some music?", she asks.

"Sure thing!", you say, strolling over to the CD collection.

"What about THIS?", you say as you hold up the TINKER BELL CD, eyebrow raised in a sexy manner.

What happens next?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ...she dresses up in a Tinkerbell costume?
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ha! If only,,,
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I remember a guy at the gym who trained to ROCKY on the headphones ( in the Walkman days )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : BILLION DOLLAR BRAIN - Richard Rodney Bennett

Excellent!
  8. Thor wrote

"What about THIS?", you say as you hold up the TINKER BELL CD, eyebrow raised in a sexy manner.

What happens next?

She acts out a super sexy adult version of her long subdued childhood fantasy including fairies, fairy eating dragons and a brave knight who gets revarded holistically after he rescued her from most perilious perils.

love
    Volker
  9. Thor wrote

What happens next?

You let someone know that early that you are into film music?

You deserve all you get (or in this case, didn't get)!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    True.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 (Hans Zimmer)

On Spotify. Love it so far -- dig those rhythmic vocals on "My Enemy".
    I am extremely serious.
  10. WP: Oculus (The Newton Brothers)

Jeezus, why am I listening to this crap? Even worse than Winter Soldier sad

NP: In the Blood (Paul Haslinger)

Not really an improvement shame
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Playing by Heart - John Barry

One last masterpiece from Barry. A stunner of an album, one of my absolute favourites.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Amazing Spider-Man - James Horner

Just fantastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFalkirkBairn
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2014 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    WP: Oculus (The Newton Brothers)

Jeezus, why am I listening to this crap? Even worse than Winter Soldier sad

NP: In the Blood (Paul Haslinger)

Not really an improvement shame

I thought that these were pretty bad.

"The Newton Brothers" is a phrase that's beginning to fill me with a sense of dread when I see it on an album's artwork - based on what I have heard of them so far. But I am hoping - from listening to the clips anyway - that their upcoming score for Proxy may be more enjoyable.