• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2008
    franz_conrad wrote
    Alan Hovhaness just got another fan on your recommendation. smile

Sort of?! wink

Alan is already familiar with the excellent Symphony # 50 'Mt.St.Helens' which we both love.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. No, I meant if he's as good as you say, I just became a fan.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Classical Music I can live without, now filmscores thats a different story. I do have some classical favorites but my heart is in my filmscores.

sd smile
    Goldsmith Rules!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    No, I meant if he's as good as you say, I just became a fan.

Ahhhh I see that now!

That's what happens when I don't wear my reading glasses. I try not to in front of a computer screen.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    moonie wrote
    Classical Music I can live without, now filmscores thats a different story. I do have some classical favorites but my heart is in my filmscores.

sd smile

I certainly CAN'T live without classical music, it's been in my blood for as long as I can remember. Film musics debt to this artform is un-calculable.

In fact I would just call myself a fan of MUSIC, period! With a bit more of a leaning towards purely orchestral music and a very strong leaning to just instrumental pieces rather than songs.
  2. I'd say that >95% of the time I'm listening to film music. Every now and again I swap to songs, but nowadays I very rarely listen to classical music.

There's just not enough time in the day. Now, if I won the lottery and didn't have to work and could spend all day just listening to music...
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2008
    Bregt, the ones that I listed are all recommended.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Well, the ones I listed are all recommended too tongue Start with mine! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mine are far more recommended than anyone else's recommendations! moon

This is getting silly rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'd recommend Timmer's recommendations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I was thinking that if I had to choose between classical and soundtracks I would choose classical music as it is a lot more fufilling in so many ways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    sdtom wrote
    I was thinking that if I had to choose between classical and soundtracks I would choose classical music as it is a lot more fufilling in so many ways.

Blaaaaaaaaaasphemeeeeeeeeer!!!!!

Peter tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I love this piece, and the performance is pretty neat too, btw-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE7kJtSGW_0

Peter punk
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I'd recommend Timmer's recommendations.

biggrin beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote

I'd rather not choose Tom as I need both!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2008
    As do I my friend!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZTGYxVGzQg
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    No words

Exquisitely beautiful.

One thing I love about Part's music is the way he uses pause, something many of today's film composers could learn from.
  3. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    No words

Exquisitely beautiful.

One thing I love about Part's music is the way he uses pause, something many of today's film composers could learn from.

Agree with you there, Tim.

This piece would have been one of my Top 10 classical pieces had it been a Top 15!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. That piece is used to very strong effect in the closing minutes of Robert DeNiro's film THE GOOD SHEPHERD.

I agree Timmer about the use of pause. Of today's composers, only Preisner perhaps capitalises on it. (E.g. TROIS COLEURS BLEU.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    No words

Yep, great piece, even though it puts me off a little that the conductor looks like Michael Jackson.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    plindboe wrote
    Yep, great piece, even though it puts me off a little that the conductor looks like Michael Jackson.

Peter smile

I was thinking the exact same thing! biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2008 edited
    I was dropping my mates of at a club at about midnight on Saturday/Sunday and on the way there we deceided to put on classical FM. There was something about the music they were playing that even I found funny. Classical music is just....more structured I guess...it just sounds too formal... spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BobdH wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter smile

I was thinking the exact same thing! biggrin

No, no. You got it all wrong. It's not the poor woman's fault Michael freaging Jackson looks like a chick! No, no no mister!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Christodoulides wrote
    No words

I'm afraid that piece didn't do anything for me, but I do have a Pärt CD in my collection.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: death is too good for this Norwegian. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    franz_conrad wrote
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: death is too good for this Norwegian. wink

LOL! Your new mantra, eh?
    I am extremely serious.
  6. We're working on it, but perhaps 'The Complete Works of Terry Riley' would be suitable punishment? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2008
    It is more formal and structured and that is why it is better much of the time
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2008
    NP : SKETCHES OF SPAIN - Miles Davis

Sublime! Great playing, wonderful Bill Evans arrangements.....truly great! cool