• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2011
    Let's talk again in 15 years biggrin
  1. fommes wrote
    But what does it have to do with Jerry Goldsmith?

Who gives a crap about Goldsmith when Desplat's Largo Winch is on?
    cool

crazy

FalkirkBairn wrote
    I think you may have the composers the wrong way round? wink

punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    I hope a complete Star Trek: Insurrection comes out relatively soon, that's something I would definitely want.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Don't get me wrong, I won't "I don't like it so it's crap" route. One thing Goldsmith was was creative. However, there can be parts of a score (not just Goldsmith's scores) that, if they have a passage that grates, then that puts me off.

All the silly noises and things in Gremlins certainly make it a bit of an acquired taste. There are some fabulous orchestral passages too, but it's very quirky. I love it but certainly see why others (well, Thor anyway) wouldn't.
  2. Timmer wrote
    NP : LARGO WINCH - Alexandre Desplat

Superb! One of my favourite Desplat scores.

FAIL

tongue

KevinSmith wrote
    I hope a complete Star Trek: Insurrection comes out relatively soon, that's something I would definitely want.

GNP won't play nice with the Trek scores.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    justin boggan wrote
    Varese holds the rights in perpetuity. Unless someone can get Varese to let go, liked LLLR posted about in FSM -- hoping to get us to contact them -- just about any score that might sell well/fairly well, will never be let go of by Varese, and their CD club is infrequent.
    On rare, rare occassion they do let things go though. The msot recent one I can think of "Jake Speed" (they did on LP), being done by BuySoundtrax.

But Varese didn't release Insurrection. Do you mean GNP/Crescendo?
  3. Sorry, but the same remains -- GNP won't cooperate either. Just ask Lukas, who couldn't get "The Best of Both Worlds" for the Ron Jones TNG Box.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Unlikely though it seems, I would quite welcome an expanded release of Insurrection. I think the lengthy bootleg, if anything, plays better than the official album.
  4. Most definitely, I love that score.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorTalos
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2011 edited
    This is cool! Jerry's Carolco music + origina music + based on music + cartoon with BALLS! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eliQEStzhu4&NR=1
    www.budgethotels-hongkong.com LOWEST Hong Kong hotel rates
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2011
    So, nobody interested that Jerry's FIRST KNIGHT is soon being released as a 2 CD set from LaLaLand?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    So, nobody interested that Jerry's FIRST KNIGHT is soon being released as a 2 CD set from LaLaLand?

Is it?

Can't say that I am, no. I had the expanded boot once; it was awful, so I threw it in the trash bin. But I love the original album, which I play quite often.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Speaking of Holy Grails, First Knight complete definitely is one for me !!!! beer

Can't believe I'm reading this really. shocked shocked shocked

And no Thor, don't judge on the bootleg for the quality of unreleased music. There's even an entire theme (a bloody good one too) which is used in a couple of wonderful cues left off of the original release.

I've heard the unofficial expanded score sold by SAE all those years ago and judging from that, we're in for one hell of a treat. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Come, come master Thor, we know the album will hold no interest for you wink

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this here as I thought this was a 'must have' for quite a few people on this site.........or am I just the first to know about it?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Timmer wrote

now that's a release worthy of 2 CD's, excellent release. I buy it in an instant punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Unfortunately, First Knight in its complete form doesn't hold up well. The original release would have been PERFECT if the producers had of included just ONE small cue, "The Gauntlet." How that CD got released without one note of Lancelot's Theme is beyond me.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    Unfortunately, First Knight in its complete form doesn't hold up well. The original release would have been PERFECT if the producers had of included just ONE small cue, "The Gauntlet." How that CD got released without one note of Lancelot's Theme is beyond me.

-Erik-

The Gauntlet is great, but so is the Forrest ambush and the ride of Lancelot on horse to save Guinevere after she's been abducted, that's vital stuff

I do however loved the idea of the full score on one CD, but I guess a lot of alternate tracks and such have to make it a double CD release

either way, this is an expanded or complete release that's justifiable
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote

I'm with Erik and Thor.
    The exisiting album will do me just fine as a jolly pleasant listen!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

I think there are probably 10-15 minutes of really good, solid stuff that could be added. I find the complete bootleg to be unlistenable and hope what's being released isn't anything like that (but I imagine it will be). I agree with you about Lancelot's Theme, which is great.
  8. I just got online a couple hours ago -- didn't know.

Not a Jerry score I cared for. I know some people go ga-ga over it, but not me.

Now if it's "Rudy", "Gladiator", or "Explorers", well then that'll be one of my good days.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote

I'm with Erik and Thor.
    The exisiting album will do me just fine as a jolly pleasant listen!

I like the score a lot, however, I have the expanded boot and aside from the tracks James mentioned I don't need this new 2 CD release, if I was awash with money things would be different but they're not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Yes, that's it. That's the one theme I remembered from the boot that was a worthwhile addition to the listening experience.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. First Knight 2 CD version Tracklisting

The complete or extended score of First Knight is the entire first CD, the second has the original score and bonus tracks. I was worried that the listen would be divided on 2 CD's but it's not. Now I'm most definitely buying it punk

Disc 1

The Film Score

1. The Legend Of Camelot :58
    2. Raid On Leonesse 5:12
    3. True Love/The Ambush/First Sight 6:24
    4. Does It Please You/ Look At Me 3:25
    5. Promise Me 2:20
    6. Camelot 2:37
    7. Gauntlet Drums 1:50
    8. Meet the Queen :45
    9. The Gauntlet/No Kiss 2:02
    10. No Joy/Try Her/Wedding Plans/I Will Fight 2:58
    11. Boat Trip 2:03
    12. The Cave 2:14
    13. Walls Of Air 1:33
    14. Escape From The Cave 3:25
    15. Prove It 2:55
    16. A New Life 5:38
    17. To Leonesse 3:24
    18. Night Battle 5:53
    19. Village Ruins 3:19
    20. The Kiss 1:59
    21. Open The Door/No One Move 1:58
    22. Arthur’s Farewell 5:25
    23. Never Surrender 5:40
    24. Camelot Lives 4:04

Disc 1 Time: 78:50

Disc 2

The 1995 Soundtrack Album

1. Arthur's Fanfare 0:45
    2. Promise Me 4:04
    3. Camelot 2:19
    4. Raid On Leonesse 4:26
    5. A New Life 4:54
    6. To Leonesse 3:25
    7. Night Battle 5:39
    8. Village Ruins 3:20
    9. Arthur’s Farewell 5:25
    10. Camelot Lives 5:40

1995 Soundtrack Time: 40:17

Additional Music

11. The Ambush / First Sight (alternate) 5:46
    12. Boat Trip (alternate segment) 1:05
    13. A New Life (alternate 1) 5:37
    14. A New Life (alternate 2) 3:14
    15. To Leonesse (alternate) 2:40
    16. Village Ruins (alternate) 3:29
    17. Never Surrender (alternate) 5:20

Additional Music Time: 27:29

Disc 2 Time: 67:53
  10. Now for this I'll gladly part with my cash...

One of Jerry's final masterpieces IMO.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2011
    Maybe of interest to some (translate with Google first!):

The Norwegian radio orchestra pays tribute to Jerry Goldsmith:

http://montages.no/2011/04/kringkasting … goldsmith/
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2011
    According to this, FSM will be releasing Gremlins later in the year.

http://www.examiner.com/ny-in-new-york/ … april-2011
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2011
    Southall wrote

Cool!
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote

There is a lot of very good unreleased music from that film, it's never been one of my "grails" but it'll be a purchase for me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    There's some dynamite action/adventure music which was unreleased. There's probably a bit too much silly stuff in it for it to appeal to our more learned members here, but I'll be snapping it up in a second.
  11. YAY !!! Gremlins is on my list of 'must-haves'. Pure unrivalled Goldsmith fun. We've really been spoilt these past years. Too bad the man himself hasn't lived to see all of his music released.