• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011
    But do you want it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm not sure?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011 edited
    I absolutely love the wacky electronics in this score especially that sinister, twisted meeeeeeeeeeooooow. The score is a killer mix of traditional symphonic ideas (just listen to the sample of "The Fountain/Stripes Death") and some of the most zany and unique electronics Goldsmith has ever employed in a score.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I usually hate Goldsmith's use of electronics, but I do think they worked reasonably well in GREMLINS.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    I absolutely love the wacky electronics in this score especially that sinister, twisted meeeeeeeeeeooooow. The score is a killer mix of traditional symphonic ideas (just listen to the sample of "The Fountain/Stripes Death") and some of the most zany and unique electronics Goldsmith has ever employed in a score.

-Erik-

Someone sent me a copy of Gremlins some time ago for me to hear what Goldsmith did on this score. I hated it - and it will now sit in the same discarded box along with Legend (and to a lesser extent, Timeline)! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. unbelievable that this one suddenly gets a release when nothing was hinted weeks ago. Anyway I'm extremely glad (even though 2 CD's is pushing it)

Anyway, my brother will be very pleased with this release
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    unbelievable that this one suddenly gets a release when nothing was hinted weeks ago. Anyway I'm extremely glad (even though 2 CD's is pushing it)

Really? At FSM it seemed to be common knowledge that this was on it's way months ago.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    unbelievable that this one suddenly gets a release when nothing was hinted weeks ago. Anyway I'm extremely glad (even though 2 CD's is pushing it)

Really? At FSM it seemed to be common knowledge that this was on it's way months ago.

I never visit FSM, and I knew it was coming, but never was given a sort of timeframe, I'm just glad I saw it today and not 3 days later (like Thelma & Louise), giving me at least the opportunity to pick it up
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    But do you want it?

I've decided that I don't.

And want is the operative word over need. There's a few tracks I really like from the film but these days I have a good think and weigh up certain options, 'how often would I play it' being the most important and the answer on this one is that it would become a dust collector.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I never visit FSM, and I knew it was coming, but never was given a sort of timeframe, I'm just glad I saw it today and not 3 days later (like Thelma & Louise), giving me at least the opportunity to pick it up

Don't worry about your timing... it's an unlimited release.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I love Gremlins. The complete score is an absolute blast. The electronics here can be taken for what they are (deliberately comedic) rather than very similar ones he used elsewhere (unintentionally comedic). Some of the orchestral writing is wonderful. I'll be getting this.
  4. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Someone sent me a copy of Gremlins some time ago for me to hear what Goldsmith did on this score. I hated it - and it will now sit in the same discarded box along with Legend (and to a lesser extent, Timeline)! wink

That was me.

Great news for the ones that love what Jerry has done on this film, electronics and all. One of Jerry's most creative and fun. You simply don't hear em like this anymore. This new album is as good as ordered. cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

-Erik-

At least FSM understands perfectly a lot of people want Gremlins. Kritzerland didn't for T&L, a real shame, but I've got my copy.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I don't know all the details but they may have only been licenced for a limited number on Thelma & Louise?
  6. But why only such a small number, when it has been requested for so long and by so many fans of both the film and Zimmer? I will never understand something like this.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Me neither but thems seem to be the rules.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    GREMMMMLINNNNSSS!!!

HOT DOOOOG!!!!
    2 CDs? confused
    Why 2 CDs?
    :shrug: Oh well . HOT DOOOOOGGGGGGG!!!!! GREMLINNNNNNS!!! punk
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

-Erik-

oh goodie cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    GREMMMMLINNNNSSS!!!

HOT DOOOOG!!!!
    2 CDs? confused
    Why 2 CDs?
    :shrug: Oh well . HOT DOOOOOGGGGGGG!!!!! GREMLINNNNNNS!!! punk

The second disc is extras and the original album presentation.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think the FSM server has crashed due to the interest in GREMLINS.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Martijn wrote
    GREMMMMLINNNNSSS!!!

2 CDs? confused
    Why 2 CDs?

The second disc is extras and the original album presentation.

Yeah, I found that out when I ordered it. wink
    Pretty much a no-brainer for me. I love that score! It was THE Quirk, before quirk was hijacked and redefined by John Powell.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorArtworks
    Ordered! Been waiting for this for years...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011 edited
    THE GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY

I'm happy with the Varese release. For those that missed it do not hesitate to pick up this score, it's BRILLIANT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011
    Brilliant score, and rather underrated, but with the Varese SACD still in print this release seems rather redundant. Sure, there's a second CD with the complete score (with at times 3 versions of the same track right after each other?!) but the Varese, like Timmer said, works very well and the audio quality is superb. Won't be buying this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    THE GREAT TRAIN ROBBERY

I'm happy with the Varese release. For those that missed it do not hesitate to pick up this score, it's BRILLIANT!

It absolutely is. One of my treasured Goldsmith CD's that I won't sell.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. 1. I'm a bit a fan of Jerry.
    2. I don't own the original release.
    3. I've never heard one second of it.

Okay this is mine. cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    If you don't have it already, you should indeed pick it up.
    I am extremely serious.
  9. Well it seems the Varese is still for sale, so if I go for that one, would I regret not going for the Intrada? I don't need all of the music, as I've been a little disappointed with previous expanded albums. Just the best presentation is all I need.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The Varese is excellent!
    A very good presentation at a very good length.

Obviously I can't comment on the Intrada.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2011 edited
    yeah

Oh yeah, Gilles, it's a MUST HAVE IMO cool