• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2009
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I saw Star Trek yesterday and just want to say this:

Jerry, I miss you.

You know what will cheer you up? Listening to some Jerry Goldsmith.
    Yes, it's that simple. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    I saw Star Trek yesterday and just want to say this:

Jerry, I miss you.

You know what will cheer you up? Listening to some Jerry Goldsmith.
    Yes, it's that simple. wink

I miss Ralph Vaughan Williams......... dizzy spin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    what about Capricorn One? tongue tongue
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    The Russia House???????
  1. It's good.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2009
    And so it begins... again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote
    And so it begins... again.

I love it (especially since you all gonna suffer biggrin )
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Shouldn't you be leaving now... <gritting teeth>
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2009 edited
    Yes, I'm waiting for the helicopter to land in my backyard. It is however still quiet up there (and also down there). I'll just water the lettuce in the mean time.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Yes, I'm waiting for the helicopter to land in my backyard. It is however still quiet up there (and also down there). I'll just water the lettuce in the mean time.

Mind the water don't spray yer arse on the way out wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. May I just add here that since watching the film again after such a long time, I sincerely want the score released of Innerspace, such a fun film in its own right but with the added genius of Goldsmith to make it just a little better.

22 years seems a good enough duration to finally get a release don't you agree? And is it me or did Dante-Goldsmith collaborations always result in the most memorable lighthearted action / comedy music that Jerry could write, I mean with themes and motifs that stick in your head. For me it's like that with everything they've done.

So who should we harass for a full release of Innerspace then?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009
    I've had the boot of Innerspace for quite some time and I'm surprised to say that I prefer the original Geffen Records release. The cues selected for that album are, IMHO, the best of the best.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. The Main Title is a great track though.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    May I just add here that since watching the film again after such a long time, I sincerely want the score released of Innerspace, such a fun film in its own right but with the added genius of Goldsmith to make it just a little better.

22 years seems a good enough duration to finally get a release don't you agree? And is it me or did Dante-Goldsmith collaborations always result in the most memorable lighthearted action / comedy music that Jerry could write, I mean with themes and motifs that stick in your head. For me it's like that with everything they've done.

So who should we harass for a full release of Innerspace then?

now there's an example of a "so called" simple score that has 3 themes, and a 4th that represents the environment of Jack's Interior (as they so lovely explain it in the credits biggrin ), and what do you receive?

A score that has 3 themes more than our usual mainstream soundtracks of today
    Man, Innerspace may be light Goldsmith fun but it is BIG movie fun if you compare it with today's music

Bring on the full release Intrada, I know you guys already have it lying there, waiting for a release date
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009 edited
    If I may do something terribly annoying... I don't think you've got long to wait if you're after a new release of Innerspace.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    If I may do something terribly annoying... I don't think you've got long to wait if you're after a new release of Innerspace.

Well, considering I don't have it on CD.....Mmmmmmmm! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Erik Woods wrote
    I've had the boot of Innerspace for quite some time and I'm surprised to say that I prefer the original Geffen Records release. The cues selected for that album are, IMHO, the best of the best.

-Erik-

No wonder ! The boot sounds atrocious ! It's like the devil himself produced it.

Southall wrote

lick

There's nothing annoying at keeping everyone's (at least mine's) hopes up!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthortimme
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Bring on the full release Intrada, I know you guys already have it lying there, waiting for a release date

Amen!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

No wonder ! The boot sounds atrocious ! It's like the devil himself produced it.

But that's not why. It's a score that doesn't hold up in it's complete form.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Southall wrote

Well, considering I don't have it on CD.....Mmmmmmmm! cool

Neither do I! So I'm very pleased, assuming my info is accurate. (I do have the horrible-sounding boot, though - which I've only been able to listen to at most twice, I think.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I had the Geffen CD of INNERSPACE once. Didn't like it much (score was too "perfunctory", run-of-the-mill stuff), so I sold it CHEAPLY without knowing what it was worth. Stupid.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    I own four Goldsmith scores (three Star Treks and The Mummy), and so far I haven't heard much at all I like. Definitely not a favorite composer of mine (at least not yet), probably actually one of my least favorites among those I've heard. slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    But that's not why. It's a score that doesn't hold up in it's complete form.

Like most of Goldsmith's scores, I think. That's one composer for whom Varèse's short albums were beneficial, I guess...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    William wrote
    I own four Goldsmith scores (three Star Treks and The Mummy), and so far I haven't heard much at all I like. Definitely not a favorite composer of mine (at least not yet), probably actually one of my least favorites among those I've heard. slant

shocked

Much to learn young one you have. Much to learn.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    William wrote

shocked

Much to learn young one you have. Much to learn.

Really? 'Cause I basically detest his score to Insurrection, didn't find much interesting in First Contact, hated The Mummy, and found Star Trek: The Motion Picture to be not all that bad; Ilia's Theme stands out in my mind as being quite beautiful. I admit I have many more scores to hear by him before I may make my final judgement, but much of his work seems to be sort of atonal, in a way; for example, I can't stand the main theme of Insurrection, nor am I able to recall anything from The Mummy. I'm more for lush, sweeping melodies. And so far I have not heard too much from him.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Clearly you have been listening to these scores with ear plugs! If you're 'more for lush, sweeping melodies', then I guess the love theme from The Mummy doesn't count, huh?

You either weren't paying attention or you have a bad memory for music, because The Mummy is stocked with memorable pieces of music. dizzy

William, you've barely even scratched the surface of Goldsmith's music, so don't go making harsh judgments quite yet! Sweeping melodies was one Goldsmith's many fortes.

Honestly, some opinions just astound me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    Clearly you have been listening to these scores with ear plugs! If you're 'more for lush, sweeping melodies', then I guess the love theme from The Mummy doesn't count, huh?

You either weren't paying attention or you have a bad memory for music, because The Mummy is stocked with memorable pieces of music. dizzy

William, you've barely even scratched the surface of Goldsmith's music, so don't go making harsh judgments quite yet! Sweeping melodies was one Goldsmith's many fortes.

Honestly, some opinions just astound me!

Well I'm sorry... dizzy shame Don't worry, I'm not done listening yet. I will be sure to listen through them again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Well, if you don't like Goldsmith's music, you don't like Goldsmith's music. That's absolutely fine.

But statements like 'didn't find much interesting in First Contact, hated The Mummy, and found Star Trek: The Motion Picture to be not all that bad' and 'I can't stand the main theme of Insurrection, nor am I able to recall anything from The Mummy. I'm more for lush, sweeping melodies' really do boggle the mind! (Especially when you've explained exactly what those scores are, yet seem to think they're not. dizzy)
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Steven wrote
    Well, if you don't like Goldsmith's music, you don't like Goldsmith's music. That's absolutely fine.

But statements like 'didn't find much interesting in First Contact, hated The Mummy, and found Star Trek: The Motion Picture to be not all that bad' and 'I can't stand the main theme of Insurrection, nor am I able to recall anything from The Mummy. I'm more for lush, sweeping melodies' really do boggle the mind! (Especially when you've explained exactly what those scores are, yet seem to think they're not. dizzy)

Well, I truthfully do not like Insurrection's main theme. That's an honest fact. I haven't heard Star Trek: The Motion Picture in awhile, though I do remember liking some of it. And I need a few more listens to The Mummy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Have you seen The Mummy? (The complete score has some gems, many of which weren't included on the official album.)