• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008
    I wasn't one of those. And let's be serious, Kung-fu Panda is nowhere as good as The Dark Knight, which is a massive score of excellent function, imo. Having Zimmer scoring a poor animated movie which will most logically be even duller than the first one (movie and score) is nothing that would require a genius to apprehend. Zimmer is consuming himself in these little careless projects while he proved numerous times (most recently with THE DARK KNIGHT) what he can really do.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2008 edited
    Surely it's better he works on this sort of thing than has the chance to mess up any particularly good films. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Abso-bloody-exactly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Kung Fu panda is one of best Zimmer scores.

we will hope Madagascar 2 is not another sharktale or Madagascar.

Anyway...he is doing this kind of projects because , in this case, he wants to experiment a little bit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    Anyway...he is doing this kind of projects because , in this case, he wants to experiment a little bit.

sleep
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    The Dark Knight 2 CD Special Edition release

-> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001HXG8PK/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Mm, cryptic.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Legit?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Legit?

Judging by who hosts it, i'd be very surprised if it wasn't. These are quite good news actually, wondering what's on it and glad i didn't rush to buy the initial release!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    At $57, I don't think I'll be rushing to buy this release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Legit?

Judging by who hosts it, i'd be very surprised if it wasn't. These are quite good news actually, wondering what's on it and glad i didn't rush to buy the initial release!

Really? There´s music in the film not featured in the first release?

I had more than enough with the original release
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Do we know what's on it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Christodoulides wrote
    There's almost 0% possibility this score is going to be actually good so don't worry mate.

All I know is that if John Powell were commissioned to score this, I certainly wouldn't say "0% of being good," seeing as it could easily turn out to be another Horton, Ice Age 2 or Robots, which are all scores that delight me to no end.

Many people have been commenting for weeks on The Dark Knight being a perfect recent example of what Zimmer can truly do. It is, but why is JNH always left out of those comments? Why is Zimmer getting all the credit for this mature score?

Voice of Reason: because this is the Hans Zimmer thread.
    J-F: Shut up, you know what I mean. Well?
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HeeroJF wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    There's almost 0% possibility this score is going to be actually good so don't worry mate.

All I know is that if John Powell were commissioned to score this, I certainly wouldn't say "0% of being good," seeing as it could easily turn out to be another Horton, Ice Age 2 or Robots, which are all scores that delight me to no end.

It would make no change for me, i assure you. Glad it's making for some of you and that you like those scores.

Many people have been commenting for weeks on The Dark Knight being a perfect recent example of what Zimmer can truly do. It is[/i], but why is JNH always left out of those comments? Why is Zimmer getting all the credit for this mature score?

No, Zimmer can do SO MUCH MORE. It's very good but it's no THE THIN RED LINE either. Now, Kung-fu panda-isms don't come even close to that.

Voice of Reason: because this is the Hans Zimmer thread.
    J-F: Shut up, you know what I mean. Well?

No, because Zimmer wrote mostly all of it. His musical identity and primal characteristics are everywhere and Zimmer's material is leading the primal part and tone of the whole score. Even in the interviews they did Zimmer almost didn't let him speak on his own.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Whatever for??? I should see that interview. It would probably scandalize me greatly. I've probably always been a fan of Zimmer and JNH equally, so I wouldn't enjoy seeing one trying to Alpha-male the other.

Well, better yet: I should listen to that Dark Knight CD. shame I'm really talking through my hat here, having not picked it up yet.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Christodoulides wrote
    I wasn't one of those. And let's be serious, Kung-fu Panda is nowhere as good as The Dark Knight, which is a massive score of excellent function, imo. Having Zimmer scoring a poor animated movie which will most logically be even duller than the first one (movie and score) is nothing that would require a genius to apprehend. Zimmer is consuming himself in these little careless projects while he proved numerous times (most recently with THE DARK KNIGHT) what he can really do.

I prefer Kung Fu Panda over The Dark Knight. If I was only allowed to have one of them, I'd choose Kung Fu Panda for sure.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    $57

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! biggrin biggrin biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

Wow you can be harsh at times!

Kung Fu Panda is not nearly as trashy as you make it out to be, it's a fun and very entertaining film (the best Dreamworks film I've seen for some time). Neither is the score as insignificant as you so passionately describe - The Dark Knight just happens to be a much much more serious project.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    i am sure this price will change soon wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    i am sure this price will change soon wink

10 bucks and I'm there!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 21st 2008
    2 Cds?!

Whoa man, looks like the first ever Zimmer/JNH expanded CD is gonna make its appearance! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Why realease a 2 cd of the Dark Knight?

I can't see the point....If it's the complete score from the movie, then it will sucks, because while it works well in the movie, it is full of copy and paste from Batman Begins.

Anyway...Let me know when they release a 2 cd of Pearl Harbor or The Lion King.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Yeah, I too feel a 2 CD of TDK is quite unnecessary, seeing the OST has almost all the good moments. But it's still exciting to see an official expanded Zimmer album (if you don't count the Gladiator "more music from" which I don't really feel is a true expanded) come out. I hope it's followed by stuff like The Lion King, Prince of Egypt etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Well, what's wrong with more Batman Begins-isms? The whole DARK KNIGHT score - even as released in the first place, is like that and nobody is bothered. I am not definitely. Look at it this way: i haven't bought the official release yet but i've grown immensely fond of the score since and this seems like a perfect opportunity to buy it eventually.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I don't have any problem with the Batman Begins stuff (in fact I was very pleased to hear some excerpts from the unreleased train fight on it) but after watching the movie I don't find anything particularly memorable missing from the OST. Or maybe I missed something, gotta get the DVD and watch again biggrin
  1. a 2 CD release would make no sense, I think. There is too much of the Lacrimosesque underscore in the end. I'm happy with what I have.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    And i don't have it so i'd be pretty happy if i could find the said release in logical price in order to purchase it. I can wholly understand you though. It seems that this release will only satisfy either people like me who didn't buy the original release yet but like the score enough in order to buy this and all the members of hans-zimmer.com smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    And the "completists" out there wink biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    HeeroJF wrote
    Many people have been commenting for weeks on The Dark Knight being a perfect recent example of what Zimmer can truly do.

Crumbs. Good job I've been on holiday so missed all that amusement!