• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008
    I can wait! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008
    Thomas wrote
    The Angels & Demons trailer will have original music by Hans Zimmer:

"I've been adding a few ideas to the Angels & Demons trailer, written by Hans. In a theatre near you.... sometime!"

-> http://deviousnoise.com/news/

Super!! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2008 edited
    TEASER!!! TURN UP THE VOLUME!!!!

http://angels-and-demons--trailer.blogspot.com/

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEBUMPS!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008 edited
    If this is anything to go by, Angels & Demons will be an epic choral work. punk

Most. Anticipated. Score. Of. The. Moment.
  1. Come December 9th, the exact same day Warner Bros. releases The Dark Knight on DVD, you can also expect a two-disc special edition release of The Dark Knight soundtrack.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ba...ws.php?id=7758
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008
    justin boggan wrote
    Come December 9th, the exact same day Warner Bros. releases The Dark Knight on DVD, you can also expect a two-disc special edition release of The Dark Knight soundtrack.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ba...ws.php?id=7758

Yawn! sleep
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    TEASER!!! TURN UP THE VOLUME!!!!

http://angels-and-demons--trailer.blogspot.com/

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSEBUMPS!!!!

Same old.

The kind of stuff Jerry Goldsmith would have elevated to brilliant levels.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Wha? LOVE IT!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BobdH wrote
    If this is anything to go by, Angels & Demons will be an epic choral work. punk

Most. Anticipated. Score. Of. The. Moment.

Count me in as well!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    First part is from the DA VINCI CODE and the 2nd is apparently the original score he's written for the trailer, possibly a part of the movie score as well. Choral, grand and very imposing, i like it! Reminds me of DA VINCI CODE of course and the large-scale requiem choral parts of ATLI's BABYLON A.D.

Wonder if he'll top himself in DA VINCI CODE, with this one. Can't wait.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2008 edited
    After listening to DVC a lot since yesterday, I believe that even the first part is a new recording. The theme´s the same, but the "orchestrations" are slightly different.

My God, having been to Rome myself as a youngster, the teaser´s flight over the Cathedral towards that massive square full of people is absolutely breathtaking, especially combined with the music. This movie will suck my brains out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    This is the kind of Hans that original got me into his work, THIS is the kind of HANS I love not the boring ho-ho mickey-mousing cartoon music.

About time, Hans; welcome back.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Well...It's Che Valiers re arranged, and the choral stuff seems the typical trailer music.

I was listening Little Polar Beart 2 last night, still it's a bland score. The typical strings oriented Nick Gleenie Smith score, but Hans theme is one of the most touching themes by him since "this land" from the lion King beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    This is the kind of Hans that original got me into his work, THIS is the kind of HANS I love not the boring ho-ho mickey-mousing cartoon music.

About time, Hans; welcome back.

beer

Amen to that.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote

I was listening Little Polar Beart 2 last night, still it's a bland score. The typical strings oriented Nick Gleenie Smith score, but Hans theme is one of the most touching themes by him since "this land" from the lion King beer

Me wants!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nautilus wrote
    The typical strings oriented Nick Gleenie Smith score, but Hans theme is one of the most touching themes by him since "this land" from the lion King beer

Yeh, it's pretty nice. But cannot come close to TLK!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    First half is a re-arranged version of the famous Chevaliers De Sangreal with a string ostinato a la THE DARK KNIGHT / BATMAN BEGINS in the basis, and 2nd half is full blown, dark choral textures a la BABYLON A.D and as already mentioned above, standard trailer music stuff. Like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Christodoulides wrote
    First half is a re-arranged version of the famous Chevaliers De Sangreal with a string ostinato a la THE DARK KNIGHT / BATMAN BEGINS in the basis, and 2nd half is full blown, dark choral textures a la BABYLON A.D and as already mentioned above, standard trailer music stuff. Like it.

Werd. And TDK was one of the first thing I thought off too, but then the Chevaliers theme came in and saved it. Good teaser. Hope that the official and longer preview will be better.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Quite a nice teaser indeed, sets the mood perfectly. I haven't read any of the books, neither this nor Da vinci code and it took it for what it really was imo (i.e. not so clever and certainly not so serious as many though - way of grand entertainment) and i loved it. I am looking forward to this movie as well.

Needless to say that i consider DA VINCI CODE the last great score by Zimmer so far and i am deeply looking forward for a groundbreak with ANGELS AND DEMONS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008 edited
    Hm, A&D has a lot more action that DVC, and so I wouldn´t necessarily expect for Zimmer to reinvent the wheel regarding to that. We will get more stuff from DVC´s style, of course, but I doubt this movie will be as "quiet". There will be, however, some spectacular chances for greatness in the final act...

But whatever it will be, I expect it to become my favourite score of the year after a deathmatch with Star Trek, Transformers 2, and Avatar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008
    If it means larger, and grand, i don't care if it's reinventions of Da Vinci Code...i just adore that score.
  2. I do as well, but the action stuff from it is not my favourite part, so I´m not particularly looking forward to the action music in A&D, more to the more quite parts and the big finale.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008
    Tough task to write a better big finale than the one he composed for The Da Vinci Code.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2008 edited
    It seems I'm the only one who doesn't know anything about the book. Is there a similar ending that would allow a cue like CheValiers de Sangreal? -- no spoilers please wink
  3. Well... it depends on what they changed from the book, because it really gets a bit over the top at the end (and in no way you would expect, I promise you that). There is a lot going on during that final act, and some of it might be perfect for a kind of CdS cue, BUT Zimmer will have to take it then and turn it over and around a lot. Like CdS growing steadily darker, kind of like they did in the teaser. I´m totally sure he´s up to the task ahead, but I really, really hope they get the ending right. I remember reading those final pages thinking, what the hell did Brown smoke when he wrote that, I mean, usually I am all for going nuts and over the top, and as a book it just works, but as a movie this could easily end up like shooting your own foot. I strongly believe that however they do it, it will depend on how Zimmer will score it how audiences will react.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2008
    CASI DIVAS

CD INFO / SOUND CLIPS

http://www.hans-zimmer.com/fr/disco_detail.php?id=840
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2008 edited
    Really minor score from Hans and Co., but nice to see a top composer scoring a humble (and nice)mexican film (not many composers can say this).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    • CommentTimeNov 11th 2008
    FROST/NIXON
    Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Music Composed by Hans Zimmer

Oscar-winning director Ron Howard brings to the screenwriter Peter Morgan’s (The Queen, The Last King of Scotland) electrifying battle between Richard Nixon, the disgraced president with a legacy to save, and David Frost, a jet-setting television personality with a name to make, in the untold story of the historic encounter that changed both: Frost/Nixon. Reprising their roles from Morgan’s stageplay are Frank Langella, who won a Tony for his portrayal of Nixon, and Michael Sheen, who fully inhabited the part of Frost onstage in London and New York.

For three years after being forced from office, Nixon remained silent. But in summer 1977, the steely, cunning former commander-in-chief agreed to sit for one all-inclusive interview to confront the questions of his time in office and the Watergate scandal that ended his presidency. Nixon surprised everyone in selecting Frost as his televised confessor, intending to easily outfox the breezy British showman and secure a place in the hearts and minds of Americans.

Likewise, Frost’s team harbored doubts about their boss’ ability to hold his own. But as cameras rolled, a charged battle of wits resulted. Would Nixon evade questions of his role in one of the nation’s greatest disgraces? Or would Frost confound critics and bravely demand accountability from the man who’d built a career out of stonewalling? Over the course of their encounter, each man would reveal his own insecurities, ego and reserves of dignity — ultimately setting aside posturing in a stunning display of unvarnished truth. Frost/Nixon not only recreates the on-air interview, but the weeks of around-the-world, behind-the-scenes maneuvering between the two men and their camps as negotiations were struck, deals were made and secrets revealed … all leading to the moment when they would sit facing one another in the court of public opinion.

The striking, minimalist score featuring piano and cello is from Oscar winner Hans Zimmer (The Lion King).

Universal Pictures opens FROST/NIXON in limited release on December 5, then nationwide on December 26.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 066 942 2
    Release Date: 12/16/08
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice, some friend who's heard it told me it's actually pretty good. Looking forward to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Thanks for the info! biggrin punk