• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2007
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP: 72 meters (morricone)
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Are you serious!? This is the kind of stuff i read from you from time to time Jordi and drives me totally crazy

But it's JORDI D?

Change the Icon from > crazy to > rolleyes

biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Don't have to get up cool

NP : PAN'S LABYRINTH - Javier Navarette

A recent'ish favourite smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    NP: The Great Movie Thrillers-Bernard Herrmann

This is a nice way to listen to Psycho! Just the major themes arranged and conducted by Bernie. He did a series of phase four stereo/london recordings.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthormsia2k75
    NP: The Golden Compass (Alexandre Desplat)

My 7 or 8th listen of this score I still cant connect with it. Far from being bad and sometimes impressive (especially the action parts of the score which is a surprise to me, i was a little worried about that aspect, how he would handle it and surprisingly enough they are the best part) but i dont know... Just dont do it for me. BTW, wasnt this score supposed to have a big orchestra? Because it really sounds tiny. confused

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2007 edited
    The smallness of the sound probably has a lot to do with the layered recording method.

NP: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Stephen Barton & Harry Gregson-Williams
    Typical video game scoring, with a clearly high-budget and highly talented production. Nothing spectactular so far, but very good.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Star Trek First Contact Complete

At last a bootleg of this score with good sound quality.

It doesn't change my opinion about this score, it's not so enjoyable like Nemesis or Insurrection, But it's much more coherent with the Star Trek TMP. the Klingons theme, the SCI-FIC sense and the blaster beam.

It's sad , it's one of these scores that you miss some amazing tracks only because it's not so enjoyable the whole thing.

the Friendship's theme is not the same from The Final Froentier, Is it? it seems more the Angry God theme.Im confused. shame
  1. Out of tradition, we will very soon start to play Home Alone...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Out of tradition, we will very soon start to play Home Alone...

Urgh, I can't stand that score. I used to like it, but it's just too saccharine for my taste nowadays. I prefer my Williams like this...

The Lost World | John Williams

A great example of Williams' Jazz sensibilities coming into play with his action music. Great score!
  2. Wow, you like your christmas a bit more jungly, then?
  3. Home Alone has only one, but really MAJOR disadvantage. Holiday Flight is a blatant rip-off. Williams just rewrites a Tchaikovsky piece
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Home Alone has only one, but really MAJOR disadvantage. Holiday Flight is a blatant rip-off. Williams just rewrites a Tchaikovsky piece

And I think it was meant to sound like that.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Wow, you like your christmas a bit more jungly, then?

biggrin

Too saccharine, Steven? It's a Christmas score for Christ's sake. And there is more to the score then sweet Christmas like music.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

Urgh, I can't stand that score. I used to like it, but it's just too saccharine for my taste nowadays.

Same here. Only difference being that i could never actually stand it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Wow, you like your christmas a bit more jungly, then?

biggrin

Too saccharine, Steven? It's a Christmas score for Christ's sake.

Well... yuh, exactly.

And there is more to the score then sweet Christmas like music.

-Erik-

There is, but most of that stuff isn't my cup of tea. It's got its moments, but there's a ton of other scores I'd rather listen to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

Urgh, I can't stand that score. I used to like it, but it's just too saccharine for my taste nowadays.

Same here. Only difference being that i could never actually stand it.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Nightmare Before Christmas | Danny Elfman

Now here's a Christmas score I like... oh and get this, it ISN'T saccharine! tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote

Now here's a Christmas score I like... oh and get this, it ISN'T saccharine! tongue

Oh; i WHOLLY, STRONGLY hate that with every bit of my soul and body!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Home Alone has only one, but really MAJOR disadvantage. Holiday Flight is a blatant rip-off. Williams just rewrites a Tchaikovsky piece

-Erik-

But he could credit it properly... So much controversies about such stuff and nobody ever mentions Williams. Only because it's been in public domain for years?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

-Erik-

But he could credit it properly... So much controversies about such stuff and nobody ever mentions Williams. Only because it's been in public domain for years?

Let's not start that argument again... yeesh!

-Erik-
  5. Everybody starts those arguments in other cases. Zimmer's even got a lawsuit on his head!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Independence Day | David Arnold

My own playlist version edited from the complete score.

F*CK ME. I never tire of this score!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

I sort of agree with you on that. I merely find the score, songs and film to be terribly overrated despite all the praise it's been getting from the die-hard Burton fans.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I just arrived to buy a Piano (well...not a big piano, a small piano-synthetiser Yamaha).

So...I decided tonight I will pass the night with my family and the man who gave to me the best present: Zimmer and his At world's End.

NP: Pirates of Caribbean At World's End Collectors Edition.
    Hoist the colours! let the party beggin!

Happy Christmas to everybody! ( yes, now i put this witb big fonts, and yes, I want to be read! )
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Matt C wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

I sort of agree with you on that. I merely find the score, songs and film to be terribly overrated despite all the praise it's been getting from the die-hard Burton fans.

I quite like the film and I love the animation. The score and songs are fine in the film and that's where they stay for me....In the film! I don't think I could bare to play it on CD.....which I DON'T have anyway. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Matt C wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

I love the score, love the tunes and love the movie. Dark comedy... right up my alley.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Lawnmower Man 2: Beyond Cyberspace | Robert Folk

I'm glad mikael recommended this score. It's simply wonderful... the final 4 tracks alone are worth the price of the album. Folk is another underrated composer joining the likes of Debbie Wiseman, Mark McKenzie and Joel McNeely has having contributed some wonderful scores but never had the opportunity to get a big budget assignment that deserves their talent and creativity.

And I really want to hear Beastmaster 2, but the disc is OOP (and expensive) and it's not available on iTunes either. crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Matt C wrote
    And I really want to hear Beastmaster 2, but the disc is OOP (and expensive) and it's not available on iTunes either. crazy

I hope you can find it. It contains one of my all time favorite adventure themes.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    *prays that Intrada will issue a re-release of Beastmaster 2 or make the album available for purchase online*
    •  
      CommentAuthorPat
    NP: Alatriste — Roque Baños

Perfect score for a late chill-out time. I've had this one in my Library for months and I had never listened to it until quite recently. A shame: it's really good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Pat wrote
    NP: Alatriste — Roque Baños

Perfect score for a late chill-out time. I've had this one in my Library for months and I had never listened to it until quite recently. A shame: it's really good.

Glad you liked it; Baños is a very talented composer. Hope you listen more of his music.

NP Aliens Vs Predator - Requiem (Brian Tyler)

Wow, almost one week without listening THE action score of the year? Scandalous!!
    Playing it loud, it´s Christmas Eve! punk
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you