• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2010
    Martijn wrote
    I wonder how he animated the cape?
    Seems a mix between stop-motion and computer manipulation. Quite well done as far as animation goes, even though I didn't think the "story" was very interesting.

For the novelty then...
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    For the novelty? No, I expect deeper characters and plot development. These characters are all so two dimensional.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lol
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2010 edited
    That's now my son's favorite video! His journey to the dark side is complete.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. I could give a shit less normally about assisting Thor, but I saw your post, Thor, at FSM and so far in the compilling of the list of composers/episode of "The Virginian", Williams is not credited. There are only 15 episodes left to solve and it doesn't look good for him (or Goldsmith) so far. They'll be solved in the next two or three months.

The list:
    http://tvscores.150m.com/Virginian.html
    or backup website:
    http://www.tvscoring.150m.com/Virginian.html
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010
    justin boggan wrote
    I could give a shit less normally about assisting Thor, but I saw your post, Thor, at FSM and so far in the compilling of the list of composers/episode of "The Virginian", Williams is not credited. There are only 15 episodes left to solve and it doesn't look good for him (or Goldsmith) so far. They'll be solved in the next two or three months.

The list:
    http://tvscores.150m.com/Virginian.html

Thanks, but your link didn't work, I'm afraid.

I may be mistaken, but I seem to remember that Williams scored at least one episode of this series or provided some sort of the theme for the last season??
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Take the beginning http:// off.

Every TV series I include on my site also credits the theme music. And I even try to credit who did re-arrangments if the theme is re-done later, like in "Gunsmoke" and "Cagney & Lacey", for example.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Take http:// off?
    Basically remove the indication that it's an internet protocol? confused

I can pretty much guarantuee you that won't work!

Anyway, link works fine for me.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It doesn't work in internet explorer 8 either.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. Actually, for internet explorer, you NEVER need http or www you can just use the site name:
    tvscores.150m.com

and hit Enter. Works every time, on every site.

But some other browsers have issues.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I use Opera and have Internet Explorer as back-up, but I'm afraid neither of those are able to find your site. Oh well...
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    justin boggan wrote
    Actually, for internet explorer, you NEVER need http or www you can just use the site name:
    tvscores.150m.com

That's because IE will auatomatically assume the http protocol when nothing is presented. And it will automatically use the www precursor if no other domain prefix is entered.
    So it's not like it's not needed.

I can't really understand why the site isn't working for Thor or Demetris, though.
    Works fine for me both in IE and Firefox...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    justin boggan wrote
    Actually, for internet explorer, you NEVER need http or www you can just use the site name:
    tvscores.150m.com

That's because IE will auatomatically assume the http protocol when nothing is presented. And it will automatically use the www precursor if no other domain prefix is entered.
    So it's not like it's not needed.

I can't really understand why the site isn't working for Thor or Demetris, though.
    Works fine for me both in IE and Firefox...

Maybe it's something that is only available to continental America?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Do I sound like a continental American to you? smile
  4. Maybe his country blocks it, maybe there's something installed on his computer -- something that operates with Opera -- that still messes with IE -- who knows.

Morricone did the new theme for the final season of the series (replacing Percy Faith's theme), not Williams.
  5. Well, I have finally finished the entire Star Wars saga, film and score-wise. I think since I literally watched it chronologically -- Episodes 1 through 6 -- my frame of reference might be radically different from everyone else's, but that doesn't change the fact that I enjoyed it all very much.

As a whole, if I had to rank the movies from best to worst (even the worst were pretty good in my opinion though), I'd say Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith, The Empire Strikes Back, A New Hope, Attack of the Clones, and The Phantom Menace. Score-wise, it's pretty much a tie between Episodes VI and III. I like pretty much anything and everything to do with Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader, so that's what tipped it for me...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2010 edited
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

As a whole, if I had to rank the movies from best to worst (even the worst were pretty good in my opinion though), I'd say Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith, The Empire Strikes Back, A New Hope, Attack of the Clones, and The Phantom Menace.

biggrin

Riiiiight.

Still, at least you've put most of the originals ahead of the prequels.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Well, I have finally finished the entire Star Wars saga, film and score-wise. I think since I literally watched it chronologically -- Episodes 1 through 6 -- my frame of reference might be radically different from everyone else's, but that doesn't change the fact that I enjoyed it all very much.

As a whole, if I had to rank the movies from best to worst (even the worst were pretty good in my opinion though), I'd say Return of the Jedi, Revenge of the Sith, The Empire Strikes Back, A New Hope, Attack of the Clones, and The Phantom Menace. Score-wise, it's pretty much a tie between Episodes VI and III. I like pretty much anything and everything to do with Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader, so that's what tipped it for me...

Hmmmmmm?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Perhaps it's easy to be fooled by the flashy sequences in Revenge of the Sith (the most visually impressive of the prequels?), but it still suffers from the same pitfalls of the previous two films: bad acting, nonsensical plot, stupid dialogue, weak characters, over-use of CGI and the rape of the original Star Wars ethos.

One of the many reasons this film is stupid: Anakin turns to the darkside because he wants to protect Padme based on a dubious premonition he had in a dream, but then ends up choking her using the force in the end fight scene. You could argue that it's the darkside's having an effect on him, but then in the final scene having been turned into Darth Vader, he asks if she is safe. Da herp de herpedy doo!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I don't know.
    That pretty much ties in with how the Dark Side is supposed to work: "It controls your actions, but it also obeys your commands". It's the classic devil's deal, the three wishes of the djinni: whatever you try and get out of, is twisted and perverted out of shape and meaning.

So yeah, wanting noting more than to protect those you love, those are the ones ending up suffering the most. And while your intentions at heart may remain good ("is she safe"), it's your actions that will damn you.

I really like Revenge Of The Sith, and would happily incorporate it in the full saga (with Phantom Menace and Clones relegated to maybe a ten minute prologue in total).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh Martijn. sad

<Puts Martijn on "The List">
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Sorry lad, the Hero's Fall From Grace is classic prototypical storytelling, and very much in line with the rest of the Star Wars epic storytelling. It's dark, it's damning, and in light what is to come a wonderful upbeat to an otherwise uneven redemption.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You shut your whore mouth! angry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Or what? You'll Force Choke me?

Never mind. I'm sure your intentions are good... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    :force-choke:

slant

:strained-force-choke:
    angry

....er, yeah. Of course.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm with Martijn on this one. The actions of Anakin in III are fully in line with complex human psychology on such issues.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Gay!
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No.
    This is gay.

Unless you meant gay in the classic sense in that it made you happy.
    In that case it's still no.
    This is happy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Thor wrote
    I'm with Martijn on this one. The actions of Anakin in III are fully in line with complex human psychology on such issues.

FACT!
  6. Martijn wrote
    Sorry lad, the Hero's Fall From Grace is classic prototypical storytelling, and very much in line with the rest of the Star Wars epic storytelling. It's dark, it's damning, and in light what is to come a wonderful upbeat to an otherwise uneven redemption.

You said it better than I could. Episode III had a real tragic tone to it that appealed to me. Williams' music made it that much more intense...An intensity that I wouldn't get until VI.