• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2010
    Southall wrote
    But you see - I don't have any friends!

Martijn wrote
    I'll be happy to and hold on to it until you're settled?

You're welcome. slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    A much-appreciated offer - but how could I pay you back? I don't have a ready supply of Dutch roubles (or whatever mickey mouse currency it is you're using this year).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Use PayPal. Or download it illegally, as you said. Either way's good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Depends if he lives under a rock.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    Does Martijn accept Paypal?

From anyone but Steven.
    Steven will have to perform manual labour.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hmmmmm.....what kind of manual labour?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think he meant Manuel labour.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No, I have Jordi for that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2010
    SPACECAMP
    Composed and Conducted by JOHN WILLIAMS
    INTRADA Special Collection Volume 140

The 1986 film SpaceCamp tells the story of a group of kids at space summer camp who accidentally lift off in the space shuttle during an engine test and struggle to get back to earth. One of the strongest elements of the film is the graceful, powerful score by John Williams. In lieu of different themes for the human characters, Williams opted to develop a series of motifs that reflect the setting and the emotions surrounding the adventure of space flight. The main theme is constructed of ascending phrases, just like the composer’s principal melodies for Star Wars, Superman and E.T., but while those earlier themes depicted an heroic sense of flight, SpaceCamp’s theme opens more slowly, attaining its goal gradually and with humility. The impact of the theme is amplified by its frequent association with a fanfare-like motif. Each is used in a variety of moods, from the contemplativeness of the “Main Title,” to the grandeur of “In Orbit,” to suspense in “Viewing Daedelus,” fully dramatic treatment in “Re- Entry,” and triumph for the story’s conclusion in “Home Again.” Another theme that Williams employs might be called the “zero gravity” motif, characterized by its own ascending quality and tremolo strings, it first appears in “In Orbit” and returns in “Viewing Daedelus”. The NASA robot “Jinx,” whose antics cause the launch of the shuttle during the engine test, is the only character with a specific theme, introduced in quiet cues heard early in the score—“The Computer Room,”,and “Friends Forever,”—with a joyful statement in “White Sands.”

The original album for SpaceCamp runs a generous 49 minutes and was initially released by RCA Records on LP and re-issued in 1992 on a very limited Japanese edition from the SLC label that went out of print quickly. Although the album was not presented in narrative sequence, it was a powerful listening experience assembled by Williams and that original 14-track program has been retained here, remastered for dramatically improved sound over previous issues.

01. Main Title 3:07
    02. Training Montage 2:00
    03. The Shuttle 5:02
    04. The Computer Room 1:54
    05. Friends Forever 2:20
    06. In Orbit 3:12
    07. White Sands 6:52
    08. SpaceCamp 4:06
    09. Viewing Daedalus 2:45
    10. Max Breaks Loose 2:21
    11. Andie Is Stranded 4:08
    12. Max Finds Courage 3:53
    13. Re-Entry 3:55
    14. Home Again 3:30

This release is limited to 3000 units.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 140
    Retail Price: $19.99
    AVAILABLE 8/17/2010
    For track listing and sound samples, please visit
    http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.6706/.f
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Nice. Bought one immediately.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    There's roughly 150 copies of Spacecamp left. Get it while you can!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    When it sells out entirely, is it still immoral to download it illegally?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    No.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Awesome! (Not that it matters anyway, I don't have any morals.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Phew...

Went on a holiday on Friday (with no computer or internet) and returned just now. Almost missed this, but ordered one just now.

I'm VERY relieved to finally throw my ol' CD-R in the trash bin (I guess it was just a question of time when this was selected). Love the fact that it's the LP program in remastered sound.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Be thankful it wasn't a limited run of Family Plot, it would have sold out within hours.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2010 edited
    Who picked this up while it lasted (beyond Erik, Matt and myself)?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2010
    I did! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2010 edited
    I didn't.

It's a fine score but it's so far down my list of Williams favourites that I know I'd rarely play it, if I get desperate ( I won't! ) I can play my old LP.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    I did!

Together with Chris Young's "Species"... smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Species is an excellent score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2010
    Yep I got to SpaceCamp in time!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010
    Thanks to someone at FSM for this link...

JOHN WILLIAMS WINS STAR WARS OSCAR
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    BRILLIANT
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010 edited
    It is, but it's not actually him singing. Some cappella group called Moosebutter.

Plus this was posted yonks ago, though I can't find it. Might be in this thread.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2010 edited
    Marselus wrote
    BRILLIANT

Coincidentally, yesterday I was walking in the city with Indiana Jones on my iPod, and I caught myself singing the Raiders theme along with these lyrics - not good! I definitely heard this too many times... how long will it take for me to be able to seperate it again? So, LET THIS BE A WARNING!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Marselus wrote
    BRILLIANT

Welcome to 2007, Marselus! smile
    I am extremely serious.