• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Friggin spammers!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I luv' spam me.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    What is it with the shape of a spam tin that makes it so appealing? dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Lair (Debney)

Much more thematic, worked and diverse than Cut-throad Island.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote

The most overrated thing I've ever heard. Load of tripe. (Mmm, tripe - goes well with spam!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote

The most overrated thing I've ever heard. Load of tripe. (Mmm, tripe - goes well with spam!)

Overrated?

how many themes has Cuthroadisland? How Many themes has Lair?

Just for that, I have the reason...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote

Overrated?

how many themes has Cuthroadisland? How Many themes has Lair?

Just for that, I have the reason...

They're both generic, but Lair takes it to new extremes (if you can have extremes of genericism [if genericism is even a word]) - completely soulless music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    BORING!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    "Boring" and "Generic" are not words I´d relate to "CutThroat Island" or "Lair", but anyway... rolleyes
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2008 edited
    Marselus wrote
    "Boring" and "Generic" are not words I´d relate to "CutThroat Island" or "Lair", but anyway... rolleyes

Not talking about the actual music.

Cutthroat is best

Lair is best

Cutthroat is best

etc etc

= BORING!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Marselus wrote

True. And more themes doesn't mean better score. CutThroat wins this battle because it's a far more coherant score than Lair. While I enjoy the shit out of Lair there are about 5 to 6 different styles of music stolen from 5 or 6 different composers. It's really all over the place.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    hehe biggrin Erik said Liar .....TWICE wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Shut up, Barnyard is Debney's best! wink biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote

And Debney scored Liar Liar... hidden message! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Timmer wrote

And Debney scored Liar Liar... hidden message! wink

Good point padwan cheesy
  1. ?nwo sti fo sffo-pir/segamoh smailliW wef a tog dnalsI taorhttuC t'nsaH
    .ti raeh I nehw pu pop ot semeht esoht gnitcepxe peek I. dnim ot emoc lla emeht s'aieL ,kooH
    ?esle enoemos ekil sdnuos evaf naf eht taht gnitseretni ti t'nsi tub ,gnicnerefer naht egamoh eroM

.s'yenbeD fo dnert citametsys erom a fo trap s'ti fi rednow tub pleh t'ndluoc I ,dnim ni riaL htiW
    .ytitnedi lanoitisopmoc yna dekcal os resopmoc lartsehcro nredom on taht ,yenbeD fo dias ecno lla retfa saw tI
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - Trevor Jones

Just as good as I remembered it. Love the main theme, the high octane action material and the killer travel music in "Nautilus- Sword of the Ocean." Awesome score!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    ?nwo sti fo sffo-pir/segamoh smailliW wef a tog dnalsI taorhttuC t'nsaH
    (.ti raeh I nehw pu pop ot semeht esoht gnitcepxe peek I. dnim ot emoc lla emeht s'aieL ,kooH)

.s'yenbeD fo dnert citametsys erom a fo trap s'ti fi rednow tub pleh t'ndluoc I ,dnim ni riaL htiW
    .ytitnedi lanoitisopmoc yna dekcal os resopmoc lartsehcro nredom on taht ,yenbeD fo dias ecno lla retfa saw tI

Leia's Theme and Hook in CutThroat? Really? Hummm...

As for Debney's musically identity... we all know that he doesn't have one. But I still think CutThroat is light years ahead of ANYTHING he has done in his career and that score, IMHO, it right up there with the Golden Age swashbuckling classics.

-Erik-
  2. That's a little better than the cannonball I expected from my dyslexic rampage. wink

It's really strange... Hook and Leia's theme don't appear in CUTTHROAT ISLAND, but listening to the album the other day, i kept expecting them to appear. I must listen again and try and figure out what it was that gave me that impression.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote

See? This is what i am talking about. Spam biggrin
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    franz_conrad wrote
    .ti raeh I nehw pu pop ot semeht esoht gnitcepxe peek I. dnim ot emoc lla emeht s'aieL ,kooH
    ?esle enoemos ekil sdnuos evaf naf eht taht gnitseretni ti t'nsi tub ,gnicnerefer naht egamoh eroM

It does? I haven't heard it. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    That's a little better than the cannonball I expected from my dyslexic rampage. wink

[edit]

You need professional help mate? I know some people who know people.

(i QUOTED this and not your original post 'cause i get dizzy only by glimpsing)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote

Well, I always expect Edwin Astley's theme for DANGER MAN to kick in everytime I listen to 'Hyperspace' from The Empire Strikes Back, I think this is purely coincidental on Williams part.

Debney sounds much like Williams and not so coincidental.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    That's a little better than the cannonball I expected from my dyslexic rampage. wink

(i edited this and not your original post 'cause i get dizzy only by glimpsing)

What are you on about?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

(i edited this and not your original post 'cause i get dizzy only by glimpsing)

What are you on about?

(Drugs)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote

I am talking about this.
  3. Actually I find it quite cool biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Toy Soliders - Robert Folk

Dynamite suspense thriller action score from one of the most under appreciated composers of our time. Folk's style is an interesting combination of John Williams' gift for melody, detailed and colourful orchestrations and Jerry Goldsmith brilliant use of odd rhythms. In this score there is a terrific noble theme for the boys who are taken hostage which goes through many major and minor variations. There's also some absolutely awesome militaristic music which is mostly used in the action material and the trumpet solo in "Joey's Death" highlights one of the best cues on the album.

Too bad this one is out of print because I think it's is one of Folk's finest achievements. Hopefully, we will see a release by Intrada; the label responsible for the initial release in 1992.

-Erik-
  4. John Williams - Schindler's List

Williams's ultimate masterpiece. WONDERFUL themes, wonderful everything.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website