• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2008
    Erik Woods wrote
    Steven wrote
    I've 'only' heard 50% of those scores you mentioned there Erik, but I certainly agree with you! I think Under Fire should have won out of the three I know.

Yupper!

-Erik-

Double "yupper!"

Though I'm sure I'd have slept easy if 'Jedi' had got it cool wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Absolutely. Under Fire is a marginally more personal score to me though, which is saying a lot for Jedi!

Oh I do so love great film music. Nout' quite like it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Absolutely. Under Fire is a marginally more personal score to me though, which is saying a lot for Jedi!

Oh I do so love great film music. Nout' quite like it.

Aye lad it's grand ain'tit cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. The Score - Howard Shore

Not much spoken about, this score is pretty classy. I love the jazzy undertones a lot, especially the bass and muted trumpet. Flashback is an amazing cue.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008
    NP: Batman - Danny Elfman

IMHO this is THE definitive "Batman" music of now. Simply awesome stuff!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Sahara (Mantsell)

Seems im In Arnold Mood this days...

How I said, The african stuff , wich I used to hate, it's quite interesting and fresh. The big action music contrast with this littl sense of "independent spirit".

Hold Tigh! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008 edited
    Shadows Of The Empire | Joel McNeely

Perfect loud listening on a Saturday morning in a uni accommodation where most will be suffering from a hangover... cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Kingdom of Heaven ~ Harry Gregson-Williams

It seems that upon rediscovering this score I have fallen in love with it!Perfect to take away tiredness and boredom...
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: Nim's Island - Patrick Doyle

Me like.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  2. NP: The Life Before Her Eyes - James Horner

More listenable than HOSAF. It benefits from its shorter runnning time (53 min.). There's a very simple but effective theme in it, mainly in tracks 3, 5 and 12. The Synth sound you could hear in the Amazon clips at the beginning of track 12 is only in this one track. Generally, the score is not quite as dark as HOSAF. Recommended for people who don't need nonstop action music and can appreciate a low key score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    what's hosaf
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    House of Sand & Fog.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    House of Sand and Fog
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  3. South of Fand and Hog
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    South of Fand and Hog

Ahh....silly me! Thanks mate
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    What's House of Sand and Fog?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Bregt wrote

It's one of those vulnerable things you made at the beach when you were still cute and little, but disappeared just a few hours after, when the weather changed and got all misty.
  4. BobdH wrote
    Bregt wrote

It's one of those vulnerable things you made at the beach when you were still cute and little, but disappeared just a few hours after, when the weather changed and got all misty.

lol

Seriously it's a psychological thriller about an American woman fighting for a house she was illegally evicted from. The problem is that it was already auctioned and sold to a family of Indian emmigrants. Starring Ben Kingsley, Jennifer Connelly and Ron Eldard. Good film with amazing acting.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MARK McKENZIE - Durango

Bliss
    •  
      CommentAuthorThomas
    Antineutrino wrote
    NP: The Life Before Her Eyes - James Horner

vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Christodoulides wrote
    MARK McKENZIE - Durango

Bliss

Indeed!

NP: The Green Mile - Thomas Newman

Haunting stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2008 edited
    NP: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone- John Williams

Except for the overuse of Hedwig's theme everywhere, this is a terrific score and truly adds a lot to the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DemonStar wrote

Except for the overuse of Hedwig's theme everywhere, this is a terrific score and truly adds a lot to the movie.

IMHO, it's an overscored film. Yes, the themes are magical but there is just way too much score in the picture.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Erik Woods wrote
    DemonStar wrote

IMHO, it's an overscored film. Yes, the themes are magical but there is just way too much score in the picture.

-Erik-

A bit, yeah. But there are several scenes where the music is really the backbone of the scene. And sadly some of those cues are unreleased...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Shadows Of The Empire | Joel McNeely

Perfect loud listening on a Saturday morning in a uni accommodation where most will be suffering from a hangover... cool

A man after my own heart....knock em dead! punk cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    The Score - Howard Shore

Not much spoken about, this score is pretty classy. I love the jazzy undertones a lot, especially the bass and muted trumpet. Flashback is an amazing cue.

Coincidence!

I was playing this at about 11 - 12 this morning....probably at the same time as you spin cool beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Cooler - Mark Isham

After playing Raiders for my boy as part of our Saturday morning ritual, I thought I'd throw on some smooth jazz while I wait for a video I'm editing to compressed down... which it taking FOREVER!!!

Anyway, this is a wonderful album with a perfect mix of songs and score.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : DEDICATION AND WINDSONG - James Horner

From MIGHTY JOE YOUNG, just enough time to play one of my favourite Horner tracks before Doctor Who's on TV cool
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Cooler - Mark Isham

After playing Raiders for my boy as part of our Saturday morning ritual, I thought I'd throw on some smooth jazz while I wait for a video I'm editing to compressed down... which it taking FOREVER!!!

Anyway, this is a wonderful album with a perfect mix of songs and score.

-Erik-

If you like that, Broughton's This Girl for Hire is good, jazzy noirish score. It's nowhere near as good as Isham's The Black Dahlia or Goldsmith's L.A. Confidential but it makes for some nice, easy listening nonetheless. The cue "Western Film" is a nice hint for Broughton's later Silverado and Tombstone.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Aegis - Trevor Jones

cool