• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008 edited
    Although that idea would only make my guts turn around, even by thinking about it - WHEN SICK (for me, alcohol and sickness are standing not nearer than 100 meters from each other), still i've heard many people mentioning the good effects a little alcohol has on cold and stuff like that so i guess there must be some ground to that!

Notice: a little alcohol biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Thor, move to Australia. It's been so hot and humid here over the last few days that your cold would soon take a hike.

Annoying ME currently: Being house-bound for the next few days while my car is in getting repaired, and thus not being able to get my TV until the weekend after next (too busy during the week). crazy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    Although that idea would only make my guts turn around, even by thinking about it - WHEN SICK (for me, alcohol and sickness are standing not nearer than 100 meters from each other), still i've heard many people mentioning the good effects a little alcohol has on cold and stuff like that so i guess there must be some ground to that!

Notice: a little alcohol biggrin

Exactly! Just a little alcohol wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Get well soon and get TVs and cars and hot ladies soon everyone!! kiss wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    HeeroJF wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    I agree Bregje.We can always try to help ourselves and others as long as the one we try to help is willing to accept.If not it has a big impact on the way we feel and therefore think.Ta least this is the case with me.

I agree with you both: we always can try to help ourselves, but that doesn't mean we necessarily will. Sometimes we're in that kind of spiraling mood that has to be allowed to get worse before it can get better. Wallowing in self-pity for a while can be an indulgence, like comfort food. One must be given the time to mope if need it. I know I sometimes do. Then I shake myself out of it when I'm good and ready.
    J-F

Well put JF. But, the wallowing part is helping yourself as well in a way, don't you think?
    You just let it be for a while because you need it, before you feel the need to move on.

I'm 'wallowing' with Poledouris again. Works very well. Much better than chocolate or something. spin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    The heat in San Diego has been unbearable, at least for me, in the past couple of weeks. Strange but October is our hottest month of the year where temps easily can get to 100 everyday. It is dry (low humidity) but the fire danger.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote
    The heat in San Diego has been unbearable, at least for me, in the past couple of weeks. Strange but October is our hottest month of the year where temps easily can get to 100 everyday. It is dry (low humidity) but the fire danger.
    Thomas

shocked I prefer the unpredictable British weather. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2008 edited
    Ah, I was missing that one, too. And actually with enough alcohol, there might have been a point where I'd believe there was caring juicy lady there in the room! Like mistake the coat hanger for one.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 9th 2008
    This morning it was I call the 'bottle divers.' The divers go through your trash looking for bottles which they can recycle (5c or 10c). There are a couple of problems with that. #1 they make a mess by just leaving the garbage that was in the way of the bottles in the alley. #2 since I recycle myself on more than one occasion I've caught them jumping my fence which is locked to get in my backyard and try to steal what I save. These divers are usually in the class of what I call homeless by choice. They get free meals daily, can shower at a special area free, free medical, tax free money (up to a $100 a day), and no bills. This town will help you if you want it, but of course shelters have rules which 'bottle divers' don't want to follow. How much drugging is going on is left to your imagination.
    Thomas smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    sdtom wrote
    [...] since I recycle myself [...]

You recycle yourself??
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I do to help the enviroment as best I can
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    In that case, for biological matters I recommend compost. Can't promise anything concerning side-effects to your health though.
  2. Cruel biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2008
    A virus found in my new pc, from the usual source of junk: usb flash drivers. Thank GOD for Avast!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    A virus found in my new pc, from the usual source of junk: usb flash drivers. Thank GOD for Avast!

Indeed! angry

p.s. Possibly cutest lolcat ever cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    Read Seneca. wink

confused
    Seneca?
    You refer to the letter to Serenus?
    "Apply reason to difficulties; it is possible to soften what is hard, to widen what is narrow, and burdens will press less heavily upon those who bear them skilfully.
    Moreover, we must not send our desires upon a distant quest, but we should permit them to have access to what is near, since they do not endure to be shut up altogether."
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Bregje wrote
    . For the other one: all students got a mail that said that the trainer had posted the wrong document on Moodle. So I wrote the wrong report. Now that is annoying.

I was just thinking: that happened to me once, and I got to turn it in during a later part of the coure for some extra credit. (Of course that did take some persuasion on my side, but I could provide a spurious connection with the topic that was at hand, so I managed. cool Maybe an option for you? Saves you some time later in the year! punk )
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    Martijn wrote
    confused
    Seneca?
    You refer to the letter to Serenus?

No, to Stoicism in general...
    I was not seriously recommending a stoic life, but we all know some valuable lessons can be learned from them, for instance that it's what you think about a situation that matters and not the situation itself. Has been important for cognitive therapy as well.

And about the assignment: it probably only takes two hours to write another one and it's very useful to take a new situation. I could do it any time in the year and it will always be useful. I was just frustrated that my hard work was not rewarded, bleh...
    wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    When I talk about the recycle process I'm talking about saving my bottles, glass, etc.
    Thomas smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I have a ton of work leftover from today that I'll have to finish Monday. I know being me, I'm going to worry about it all weekend. sad
  3. sdtom wrote
    When I talk about the recycle process I'm talking about saving my bottles, glass, etc.
    Thomas smile

So I thought. Jean-Francois is rather cruel at times biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2008
    I prefer to play the "pleasantly clueless" card. dizzy confused dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2008
    We are still going through a heat wave, yikes!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2008
    sdtom wrote
    We are still going through a heat wave, yikes!

Hot weekend followed by lots of rain.....that's unpredictable British weather for ya wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2008
    I ate way too many Haribo at the cinema. vomit

Beer! That's the solution! Thank God it's Friday! (well, Saturday now) beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HARIBOS!!!!! I LOVE THOSE PACKED WITH FRIGGIN LOADS OF SUGAR CANCER-INDUCING CANDIES! I thought i was the only one cry
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2008 edited
    The sour ones covered in sugar are the best, but my throat feels really weird now. dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Beer is God.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Steven wrote
    Beer is God.

So CeilingCat = beer?
  4. Seems so biggrin