• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Yeah, finally smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2009
    Holy crap.
    Kazoo
  2. Bregt wrote
    Holy crap.

you've said, that deserves a beer tomorrow wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  3. One beer?

I'd say one for each review at least... beer

Well done bro.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    One beer?

I'd say one for each review at least... beer

Well done bro.

ah, you're right about that
    Bregt, better bring your money dude smile
    thanks wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    anyway for your reading pleasure, the update of the works of Michael Giacchino:

- Alias Season 1
    - Call of Duty (VG)
    - The Incredibles
    - Land of the Lost
    - The Lost World (VG)
    - Medal of Honor (VG)
    - Medal of Honor: Underground (VG)
    - Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (VG)
    - Medal of Honor: Frontline (VG)
    - Medal of Honor: Airborne (VG)
    - Mercenaries (VG)
    - M:I:III
    - Secret Weapons over Normandy (VG)
    - Speed Racer
    - UP

shocked cheesy punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2009 edited
    Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks today wrote that for the first time, Disney did not provide him or any other critics with a CD or lossless copy of Up for review at all, all they have is the MP3s everyone has. Lovely. slant vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    DemonStar wrote
    Christian Clemmensen at Filmtracks today wrote that for the first time, Disney did not provide him or any other critics with a CD or lossless copy of Up for review at all, all they have is the MP3s everyone has. Lovely. slant vomit

Well, why not?
    Why would a lossless source be of any particular more value than an mp3 for reviewing purposes?
    (I would doubt Christian would claim to be one of those Supermen who think they can actually hear the difference between 320 kbps mp3 and a WAV file).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    That's close to what he said actually... tongue

But I agree, I don't think it makes any difference for reviewing purposes.
  5. I can tell it doesn't as a fact smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2009
    Yeh, it's only sad because sometimes those review copies... eh, leak out for fans too. shame
  6. Do you think this has ANYTHING to do with it? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2009
    Ummm... do with what? tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009
    Giacchino has confirmed Disney are not willing to spend money releasing any further soundtracks on CD and all future releases will be download only. Unfortunately Up was the first score to be affected.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2009 edited
    Terrific. slant vomit

If they don't care about scores then at least they can let someone like Varese release them! I just hope Amazon starts offering an FLAC option sometime in the future.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Anthony wrote
    Giacchino has confirmed Disney are not willing to spend money releasing any further soundtracks on CD and all future releases will be download only. Unfortunately Up was the first score to be affected.

Great... slant
  7. It's the end of score collecting as we know it. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Indeed. cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    It's the end of score collecting as we know it. sad

But do you 'feel fine?' wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Also fyi Star Trek on DVD/blu ray will have behind the scenes stuff on the score. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    DreamTheater wrote
    It's the end of score collecting as we know it. sad

At least it's clear that the only way to get 'em in proper quality now is promos and b**ts. So be it. :pirate:
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    Whoops my bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote

This is so short-sighted and irritating. And very surprising that it's Disney - a corporation which in the past has shown itself to be very adept at squeezing as much money as possible from every avenue they can think of - that would be the "pioneer".
  8. According to Roger at Intrada:

Disney will not license their animated scores to third parties.

So that means any Holy Grial of unreleased animated Disney project -- IF ever released -- would be download only.

sad sad sad
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I suppose we can only sit through it and hope things improve in future.

I think Rob Townson is happy to release Michael's work as it's very popular, and Michael even jokingly asked if he could release Roar! on CD when the issue of Up was raised.

The only problem is I can never see Disney giving up the rights to something that is "theirs" to another record company.

Edit: Just as I thought with what Justin posted above. ^

Disney will not sign anything away, but I don't blame them. If you had a holy-grail score you wouldn't sign it away. It's just unfortunate they don't see a large enough market for soundtracks to warrant CDs anymore. sad

I praise Varese and Rob Townson for the amount of scores they do release. Even when we complain about releases being short they have at least put the effort into release the music.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009 edited
    It's being too optimistic but I do hope things change sometime in the future and someone can release animated Disney scores too. At least that's the best we can hope for right now.

However if Amazon starts offering an FLAC alternative too, then download-only won't be a problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009 edited
    Yeah...except they won't for the foreseeable future, as most mainstream MP3 players (read 'iPod') won't actually *play* FLAC. So offering that format (which still is more an audiophile thing than anything else) simply isn't very lucrative.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2009
    Yeah, that's what I read in the interviews with the managers of the sites. But thankfully now large hard drives and faster Internet speed has become more affordable, and the awareness of quality among people has spread a little (I mean, even some of my friends who dealt only in MP3s before are now using lossless for archival). So is possible they might consider it sometime in the future, even if not soon. Let's wait and see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    For archival purposes there really is no alternative but lossless, I agree.
    It's the main reason I will not put my CDs away.
    Sure, MP3 is the compression of today...but what about ten years in the future?
    While I'm happy to listen to 320 kbps mp3, there's no way I will use any such (already lossy) file as a basis for further or different compression! The source should always be lossless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Availability of high space HDs and fast Broadband should hopefully help in paving the way for lossless releases in the future.