• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2009 edited
    Well, i get the impression that most and most people from our older members are annoyed by the crap some topics contain, i am NOT talking about the pub talk i too am PRO and have openly defended it; the above posts on the contrary, including our conversation here, are useless and wouldn't harm anyone if they went completely.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, i get the impression that most and most people from our older members are annoyed by the crap some topics contain

Perhaps, but I think that's their problem - not ours. smile

(If only this pub served beer, ay? biggrin )
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    We'd all be completely drunk, all over the place and off topic all the time;

oh; wait
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    drink and silly FTW! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Oh, um.... Michael Giacchino is like totally awesome and stuff.

Gotta keep the people happy I guess?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I don't know what you're referring to; you didn't quote.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I could say the same.

( biggrin )

And just to keep everyone happy, here's a picture of Michael Giacchino.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, but let's stop it here, i don't think it'd be a bad idea to delete those posts either....

Go ahead; delete them if you wish. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    William wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Yeah, but let's stop it here, i don't think it'd be a bad idea to delete those posts either....

Go ahead; delete them if you wish. shame

No worries! Subject's closed! beer

Steven wrote
    I could say the same.

( biggrin )

And just to keep everyone happy, here's a picture of Michael Giacchino.

Giacchino's one of those people who should never shave their beard and all, EVER again.
  1. Yeah, he shouldn't
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think ALL composers should have beards. Or at least long silver pony tails.
  2. Or green trousers or whatever they were lol
  3. Christodoulides wrote

And who decides what's to delete and what's to leave? I'd like to see it being left as it is.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Well, i get the impression that most and most people from our older members are annoyed by the crap some topics contain

It's not really a problem.

And coming back to a topic and seeing that something like 40+ posts have been added in the past hour (for example) usually means that this topic can be safely avoided. So all the off-topic posts in a thread is a good signpost.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

And who decides what's to delete and what's to leave? I'd like to see it being left as it is.

Read the previous 2 pages, you don't need a Phd to sort that out wink

FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

And coming back to a topic and seeing that something like 40+ posts have been added in the past hour (for example) usually means that this topic can be safely avoided. So all the off-topic posts in a thread is a good signpost.

So, you're willing to sacrifice the good which is amidst the off topic stuff?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2009 edited
    Steven wrote
    I think ALL composers should have beards. Or at least long silver pony tails.

Has Elmer Bernstein ever grown a beard? Or Bernard Herrmann? Or Ennio Morricone? Or John Barry? Of the giants I don't ever recall seeing these guys with beards or pony tails!?

EDIT :-

I forget. John Barry had a beard through most of the 1970's.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Actually, everytime I see a whole bunch of new posts in a composer thread, I get all excited that some major new project has been announced for said composer. And usually I end up disappointed. wink
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote

Ha. That's right... and don't you be forgettin' that.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote

Ha. That's right... and don't you be forgettin' that.

I believe most of them wear glasses too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I don't know if anyone will appreciate it, but I've put together some shortened versions of cues on the media player (top right). Some might come in handy as ringtones or something... confused smile
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    So, you're willing to sacrifice the good which is amidst the off topic stuff?

For me, only a small proportion of the off-topic stuff turns out to be interesting. So, yes.
  6. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I agree! I can't tell you the last time I clicked into quite a few threads. biggrin
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 6th 2009
    pf. whiny party poopers.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009 edited
    Ah excellent, for anyone who is interested my reviews for seasons 1 and 2 of Lost are online!
  7. Anthony wrote
    Ah excellent, for anyone who is interested my reviews for seasons 1 and 2 of Lost are online!

you noticed just now?

ps, tomorrow everything else of Giacchino will be online punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  8. Great! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2009
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Can't wait! shocked cheesy punk
  9. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anthony wrote

you noticed just now?

Does that include his take on Small Soldiers, the videogame?

That's still one of the most fun Giacchino's I've ever heard. You really should listen to it some more bro, it's really quite excellent. Too bad this will never see the light of day officially.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  10. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Anthony wrote

you noticed just now?

Does that include his take on Small Soldiers, the videogame?

That's still one of the most fun Giacchino's I've ever heard. You really should listen to it some more bro, it's really quite excellent. Too bad this will never see the light of day officially.

no, because that isn't released, and we try to ignore the bootlegs (how sad that may be for all those amazing scores out there shame )

anyway for your reading pleasure, the update of the works of Michael Giacchino:

- Alias Season 1
    - Call of Duty (VG)
    - The Incredibles
    - Land of the Lost
    - The Lost World (VG)
    - Medal of Honor (VG)
    - Medal of Honor: Underground (VG)
    - Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (VG)
    - Medal of Honor: Frontline (VG)
    - Medal of Honor: Airborne (VG)
    - Mercenaries (VG)
    - M:I:III