• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009
    Christodoulides wrote
    I love how companies decide that stuff like Paul Haslinger's or Tyler Bates' latest are more popular than this and therefore let us have the oh so darb Tyler Bates' CD.

That is funny. dizzy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    DemonStar wrote
    They'll concentrate only on releasing the High School Musical and Hannah Montana stuff on CD and push all movie soundtracks into download-only area.

Fyi, it doesn't say that anywhere, so stop blowing it out of proportion. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeMay 23rd 2009 edited
    Look at my other post a little below, I already rectified that. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Ok, I am massively hungover so I apologies. beer ...err wait, no, forget the beer. vomit
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    Ok, I am massively hungover so I apologies. beer ...err wait, no, forget the beer. vomit

Mmmmmmmmmmmmbeeeerrrrrrrrrr!!! lick beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And we found the pub with the best student night ever:

- No students actually there
    - No ID for discount
    - Shots for 1.50 each!! :drunk:
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote
    And we found the pub with the best student night ever:

- No students actually there
    - No ID for discount
    - Shots for 1.50 each!! :drunk:

biggrin cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Does anyone else agree that the best part of the Star Trek soundtrack is 3:32-4:47 of the End Credits? It's one of the few parts of the score that captures that "epic space adventure" feeling.

I have several things to say about this post after having it in the back of my mind everytime I listen to this score.

#1) Yes, I agree

#2) This part is oddly missing from the film version of the end credits. The film version transitions from the big choral rendition of Spock's theme to the rendition of the Nero theme.

#3) After many listens I'm starting to suspect that this part is actually part of "Spock's theme", albeit arranged completely differently than any other version in the film. The basic melody appears to be the same as the one that appears in the big choral part right beforehand. I think that whole three minutes is a suite of different arrangements of Spock's theme...first quiet and contemplative, then epic-choral, then adventureish.

The ommission of this part from the film together with the amazingness of the music itself has made me very curious...so Anthony or Erik, do you think you could use your Giacchino contacts to shed a little light on this? Why was this segment of music written, and why does it appear on the album and not in the film?
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009
    I've forgotten to say this yesterday...

Japanese record companies are not so positive about digital releases (for better or worse), and CD sales are still higher in Japan than in the US. So there is a possibility that Avex could release UP soundtrack as a CD form. But Japanese release date is horribly delayed as usual (December 2009! rolleyes ).

This is just a tiny glimmer of hope... let's wait and see. smile
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Now that'd be wonderful! At least there's still some hope left, nice to know. Thanks! smile
  1. Another short interview with Giacchino (talking about Up, Trek and Land of the Lost):
    http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/how-michae … no-com.php
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I wonder what will come along after Up and LOTL. After they are released over the next few weeks, other than the final season of Lost, Giacchino's roster is empty!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Anthony wrote
    I wonder what will come along after Up and LOTL. After they are released over the next few weeks, other than the final season of Lost, Giacchino's roster is empty!

A well deserved vacation!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

Indeed! One of the (if not THE) most productive years he had so far?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Erik Woods wrote
    Anthony wrote

-Erik-

Heck, it's what I would do! cool
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    Maybe the Star Trek sequel whenever that gets made, assuming J.J. Abrams stays as the director.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Panthera wrote
    Maybe the Star Trek sequel whenever that gets made, assuming J.J. Abrams stays as the director.

That wouldn't be till 2011... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2009 edited
    William wrote
    Head on over to the official site for Pixar's Up to hear what could very well be a bit of Michael Giacchino's score playing in the intro. At least... I hope it's Giacchino, 'cause it sounds great. cheesy

Some of you may remember my post from almost a couple months ago. Well, as new information has surfaced confirming that the music featured in the Up theatrical trailer is by Giacchino, written specifically for the trailer, I can further confirm that the music linked to above at the official Up site is by Giacchino, most likely the main adventure theme of the film's score. Both the trailer music and the web site music share the same motif, an adventurous theme heard on horns and trumpets, respectively.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And once again it's based around catchy main song. wink

("The Spirit Of Adventure")
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    PS. Dug looks like the most awesome dog ever!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2009 edited
    So...Up is out in approximately 12 hours and there's no hype whatsoever... sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 25th 2009
    We could always discuss bananas?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  2. Orange you glad he didn't say bana ... oh, wait.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2009
    A film is being released on a Tuesday?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    No but the score is... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthormoonie
    Just downloaded UP! from amazon, Ill check it out later today.
    Goldsmith Rules!!
  3. AHH!! Itunes Canada does it again.... for the release of UP today, apparently they weren't allowed to release the sound effects tracks here in Canada so Itunes put the album up as a "partial album" which means we have to buy each track seperatly! BAH I REALLY don't want to pay $23 for a incomplete $9 album!

Anyone know if someone other then Amazon(who won't work in Canada) or Itunes is carrying it for Canadian Release??
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    And the same question from a hard-up Briton.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    These national differences in iTunes are getting ridiculous...
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    fommes wrote
    These national differences in iTunes are getting ridiculous...

It's just another thing that encourages piracy. The film isn't released until October (!) here - if they're going to wait until then to put the thing onto UK iTunes (if they even bother at all) then I have a sneaking suspicion that those people who want it will already have it by then, and won't have paid for it. I'm not advocating that, of course, but these entertainment companies do seem to like to make it as hard as possible for people to actually pay for their products.