• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2009
    Southall wrote
    fommes wrote
    These national differences in iTunes are getting ridiculous...

It's just another thing that encourages piracy. The film isn't released until October (!) here - if they're going to wait until then to put the thing onto UK iTunes (if they even bother at all) then I have a sneaking suspicion that those people who want it will already have it by then, and won't have paid for it. I'm not advocating that, of course, but these entertainment companies do seem to like to make it as hard as possible for people to actually pay for their products.

Does anyone really know why are such policies in action? The regional ones? What's the real reason behind them?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2009 edited
    It's just another thing that encourages piracy. The film isn't released until October (!) here - if they're going to wait until then to put the thing onto UK iTunes (if they even bother at all) then I have a sneaking suspicion that those people who want it will already have it by then, and won't have paid for it. I'm not advocating that, of course, but these entertainment companies do seem to like to make it as hard as possible for people to actually pay for their products.

Indeed - and all that on top of the hurdle of digital-download only.

Well, if they don't want my money...
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Does anyone really know why are such policies in action? The regional ones? What's the real reason behind them?

I don't know, I guess because they still stick to national laws, copyrights, import taxes? American CDs have so long been only half the cost of the same CDs here in Europe; with digital releases you'd think they'd manage to make it equal for everybody. I guess not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    fommes wrote

I don't know, I guess because they still stick to national laws, copyrights, import taxes? American CDs have so long been only half the cost of the same CDs here in Europe; with digital releases you'd think they'd manage to make it equal for everybody. I guess not.

Well, it's weird indeed; as you say, one would expect that digital releases would be beyond such limitations...
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/up … -giacchino

Beard-less Giacchino is a weird-looking Giacchino! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    He looks much younger! Which one will come to Úbeda: bearded Giacchino or beard-less Giacchino?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I hope bearded. His facial hair was almost part of his music... tongue

Ok, I'm reeeeeealy weird.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    I hope bearded. His facial hair was almost part of his music...

lol

Quote of the week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

lol

Quote of the week.

omg

We found Giacchino's 1st groupie!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

lol

Quote of the week.

Definitely applause biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    WARNING....I´M GOING SLIGHTLY OFF TOPIC

If Giacchino´s beard is part of his music.....Zimmer´s pants are part of his music too?

END OF WARNING
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Off topic? You're banned.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Marselus wrote
    Anthony wrote

lol

Quote of the week.

Indeed! LOL biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nice little interview; it'd be so much more interesting if music and / or visuals from the film were included too.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Another one for the club:

http://www.gomusic.ru/album.html?id=102237

What is it with people spelling "car" with a T? biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Marselus wrote

If Giacchino´s beard is part of his music.....Zimmer´s pants are part of his music too?

END OF WARNING

I think you're right. And since you went off topic, I thought I would mention that President Obama and Chancellor Merkel should hold an urgent summit so they can try to persuade Mr Zimmer to go to North Korea to mediate. I think we had a thread about the problems there, but I can no longer find it in the General Discussions category, so I guess it must have somehow been deleted. After all, what other category would such a discussion come under?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I'm not sure if this has been posted yet: a brief clip of Land of the Lost, including a very Giacchino-esque sounding score.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2009/05/24/sl … lost-clip/

Please, keep in mind this is a comedy, and one for the whole family at that. Even though Silberling has had some great familyscores in the past and kept that dark tone in tact, there could be a big possibility of Mickey Mousing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Marselus wrote

END OF WARNING

I think you're right. And since you went off topic, I thought I would mention that President Obama and Chancellor Merkel should hold an urgent summit so they can try to persuade Mr Zimmer to go to North Korea to mediate. I think we had a thread about the problems there, but I can no longer find it in the General Discussions category, so I guess it must have somehow been deleted. After all, what other category would such a discussion come under?

Wasn't Zimmer supposed to go OFF mode in 2009 and mediate away from film music, like, for real?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    Wasn't Zimmer supposed to go OFF mode in 2009 and mediate away from film music, like, for real?

One of the 21st century's most frustratingly broken promises, that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Christodoulides wrote

What? confused
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Christodoulides wrote
    Southall wrote
    Marselus wrote

END OF WARNING

really??? cheesy
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah I remember hearing that too. Wasn't he going to have a break and do some concerts or something?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Always sounded like a new year wish to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You guys are immoral bad people for going so off topic. Death to you all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009
    We just received yet another $200 speeding fine today!
    At least it was my wife's doing this time! Once again doing 68 kms in a 60 km zone.
    I doubt very much that she was listening to Giacchino's 'Enterprising Young Men' at the time though! So she has no excuse!

See what I did there?! Still kept it on topic ........kinda! wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Southall wrote
    fommes wrote
    These national differences in iTunes are getting ridiculous...

That's what I thought too. While we can legally (and in many cases easily) purchase imported CDs from both online and offline retailers, we can't legally purchase digital releases from foreign download stores. Internet technology prevent globalization... ridiculous! rolleyes
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2009 edited
    There are several possibilities on UP score release in my country...

1. The best, greatest: Avex International releases the soundtrack as CD form. punk
    It didn't happen to other Disney's digital releases, but in Japan CDs are still sold better than in the US so I'm just praying

2. Not bad but not great: Avex provides digital release in (relatively) good quality (DRM-free 256kbp) cheesy

3. Bad: Only digital release in horrible quality (128kbp with DRM) slant

4. The worst: No domestic releases in any forms cry

If 3. or 4. happen, I will go to the dark side again and become a pirate.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
  1. Looks like the pricing and album contents on Canadian Itunes was a mistake.... the album is now in itunes complete with the sound effects (I know WAHOO!?!?! yippie and all ) and the price is the normal $9.99 AND as a surprise they added a video interview from Giacchino which is a nice surprise! Nice save Itunes .... albeit a little frustrating at first!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Hoping for the best, but I'm planning how to get a copy of the Oscar promo next year, hoping it'll not do a Bolt again on eBay tongue