• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2010
    I wouldn't mind hearing him do a modern take on a MOH score, but considering it's coming out this year...probably not(?)

The game looks pretty good, even if it is just Modern Warfare three years late.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010
    I can't find confirmation of it yet, but there are rumors Michael will be working on Andrew Stanton's upcoming adventure movie John Carter From Mars.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010
    A very good choice if confirmed.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Anthony wrote
    I wouldn't mind hearing him do a modern take on a MOH score, but considering it's coming out this year...probably not(?)

Holy cow yes, a more grittier modern sounding MOH score, that would be interesting.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    Anthony wrote

Holy cow yes, a more grittier modern sounding MOH score, that would be interesting.

Michael has already done one of those... Call of Duty, Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty. I'd actually prefer him to go back to a more adventurous original MOH sound but I guess that's not what anyone wants anymore. slant

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Oh boy, I definitely would want him to return to his early years... but I guess your right CoD was already grittier sounding than MoH. Not that there's anything wrong with both.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010 edited
    When I say modern I really do want to hear Michael use some electronics. Even if it's just a light amount like Desplat. I'd rather have another Alias style score over a COD/Turning Point one. They're brilliant by all means, but incredibly primal action music starts to sound the same after a while.
  3. Erik Woods wrote

Michael has already done one of those... Call of Duty, Turning Point: Fall Of Liberty. I'd actually prefer him to go back to a more adventurous original MOH sound but I guess that's not what anyone wants anymore. slant

-Erik-

Amen! I'm really starting to miss that sound!

btw Erik, not trying to pry, but when will cinematic sound be back online the .net says coming soon? As a web designer I know coming soon can mean many things. Just wondering... It was your show (and playing Allied Assault) that got me hooked on Giacchino.

jmoss
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010
    Jeremy Moss wrote
    btw Erik, not trying to pry, but when will cinematic sound be back online the .net says coming soon? As a web designer I know coming soon can mean many things. Just wondering... It was your show (and playing Allied Assault) that got me hooked on Giacchino.

jmoss

Gonna be coming soon for a little while longer. I have scripts written just need time (and silence) to record and edit. Its sad to say but if I don't produce anything from now until April it will have been a year since I produced a NEW program. sad

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. Erik Woods wrote

Gonna be coming soon for a little while longer. I have scripts written just need time (and silence) to record and edit. Its sad to say but if I don't produce anything from now until April it will have been a year since I produced a NEW program. sad

-Erik-

Wow has it really been that long! Well we can all wait patiently I'm sure. I still remember that episode you did in 06 with all the Giacchino unreleased items... that was a treat and a half! still my favorite episode!

Thanks for all the hard work over the years.

Fellow Canadian & Giacchino Fan

Jmoss
  5. Erik, are you planning on a top 10 show from 2009? Those are my favorite shows that you've done, actually. Even if you're not doing one of those, I'd be interested to know what you'd say your top 10 were.
  6. Giacchino's star just keeps rising...there's a piece on him on the BBC News website.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010
    I hope his music for Lost returns back to the actually good territories again...
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm with you on that. beer

Season 6 has been a huge improvement after last season, but I don't think we'll get back to the season 3/4 level of complete and utter awesomeness each week.

I said above it's become a cliche of itself and I still stand to that statement. I really, really like it still, but it doesn't thrill me or emotionally effect me like it used to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010 edited
    I'd say it's about time he quit running after cameras and get his ass down to work! smile The key is in what you write, it's technically good, but emotionally dry. Where's the sweeping sentiments of the first 4 seasons? BAM! Lost.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Giacchino's star just keeps rising...there's a piece on him on the BBC News website.

Love the photo biggrin

He was making stop motion animation as a kid? Now I want to see him scoring a stop motion film, he would be delighted!
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Christodoulides wrote
    I'd say it's about time he quit running after cameras and get his ass down to work! smile

Ha, he's doing more PR than Horner at the moment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I'd say it's about time he quit running after cameras and get his ass down to work! smile

Rather more successfully, too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Rather more successfully, too!

Yeah, no scarf!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    That scarf was bad news from the start. It was never going to work out well.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2010
    I've added seven new interviews and articles, mainly on Up and the Oscar.

http://www.michaelgiacchinomusic.com/features.htm
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010
    I wonder if they will release Up on a CD like it deserved now that it won?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Anthony wrote
    I've added seven new interviews and articles, mainly on Up and the Oscar.

http://www.michaelgiacchinomusic.com/features.htm

Love your new logo! punk

And don't forget to add this. Great speech.
    http://oscar.go.com/nominations/nominees/up/3335

Thank you, guys. When I was... I was nine and I asked my dad, "Can I have your movie camera? That old, wind-up 8 millimeter camera that was in your drawer?" And he goes, "Sure, take it." And I took it and I started making movies with it and I started being as creative as I could, and never once in my life did my parents ever say, "What you're doing is a waste of time." Never. And I grew up, I had teachers, I had colleagues, I had people that I worked with all through my life who always told me what you're doing is not a waste of time. So that was normal to me that it was OK to do that. I know there are kids out there that don't have that support system so if you're out there and you're listening, listen to me: If you want to be creative, get out there and do it. It's not a waste of time. Do it. OK? Thank you. Thank you.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Indeed, what a lovely speech. Check out the video here.

Panthera wrote
    I wonder if they will release Up on a CD like it deserved now that it won?

I wouldn't count on Disney doing that... but would be great if it actually happens.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Thanks guys, I was looking for the acceptance speech.

Bad timing to be adding a load of content when I'm in the middle of a load of design tweaks. rolleyes wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I still seriously dig that 3D look for the CDs.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I really happy with the house in the logo. I couldn't figure out how to do it for ages and then finally cracked it. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2010 edited
    Wow, the logo is well done Anthony. The use of the Oceanic logo is a nice one. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Big G is up for a new Andrew Stanton-directed Disney film, John Carter Of Mars.

http://filmmusicreporter.wordpress.com/ … r-of-mars/
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Hmm, I was certainly expecting - or at least hoping for - Thomas Newman to get a look in here.