• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Sorry to admit I didn't even hear about Black Gold. What is it? When was it released?

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
  2. You honestly missed this one? It was one of the bigger releases early this year. shocked

Thomas' opinion (and mine too).
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. I think Black Gold, the movie and score, would have done better in the 90's than now.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    You honestly missed this one? It was one of the bigger releases early this year. shocked

Thomas' opinion (and mine too).

Well, I'm sorry. I have been off my game the last couple of weeks, but still...
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012
    I threw this together a few days ago! Quite epic!

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN CONCERT SUITE
    http://youtu.be/uwTb-UbwbjI

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Spectacular suite Erik !!!

Even though my problems with the score still stand, these 9 minutes are a lot easier on the ears than the full 76 minutes. smile

But I saw something else, and clicked on this touching little video. Giacchino would be proud.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    But I saw something else, and clicked on this touching little video. Giacchino would be proud.

wow, that' a nice suite indeed smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2012
    DreamTheater wrote

Thanks! beer

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  7. Guess I'm one of those who doesn't like the Spider-Man reboot score.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2012
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Thanks! beer

-Erik-

An absolutely beautiful video! A wonderful visual time capsule!
  8. Honestly, I would probably only cut 6 minutes out of Spider Man. Having seen the movie, I think the score in all is presented more or less perfectly on album. I don't recall the last time I said that about a Horner score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    I think Black Gold, the movie and score, would have done better in the 90's than now.

The movie is shitty, but come on, the score is glorious, by any year's standards!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

So, you finally came around, realizing that you do love it, right? smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012 edited
    Demetris wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

So, you finally came around, realizing that you do love it, right? smile

I didn't come around. I've been telling you for weeks that I love the main theme and that's what I wanted to highlight in the suite. I still think the score is above average and still has problems... two of them being the intrgration of electronics and orchestra and the lack of focus.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Ah come onnnnn, you know you love it wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2012 edited
    No, I don't! But I love that suite! That's a daily play for me!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Black Gold, the Amazing Spiderman, John Carter, all made me very, extremely happy this year! And a bit of Dark Knight Rises too, talking about major film scores this year + a lot of lesser known, smaller goodies too smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    John Carter, There Be Dragons and Brave have made me very, very happy in a surprisingly disappointing year for new film music!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nah , it might not be as good as some of the previous years but it still gave out some pretty good stuff ! I did love There be dragons too, both scores for it equally, but I didn't like brave's
    Musical style at all. So Not for me smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Demetris wrote
    Nah , it might not be as good as some of the previous years but it still gave out some pretty good stuff ! I did love There be dragons too, both scores for it equally, but I didn't like brave's
    Musical style at all. So Not for me smile

Right now, I can't even make a top 5 list for 2012! That's how bloody weak it has been.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2012
    At last! A score release for "For Greater Glory":
    http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/ … The/Detail

Life is good! smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Da Da Da Daaaaaaaah!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Erik Woods wrote
    Da Da Da Daaaaaaaah!

-Erik-

Yea, that's in there a lot... But still, very glad to finally see an announcement!smile
  9. I just watched an American horse rider perform a routine to a medley of themes from Avatar during the Olympics. It was pretty cool.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2012
    Is 'The Amazing Spider Man' worth seeing?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2012
    Happy Birthday James!
    https://vimeo.com/42715779

-Erik-
  10. Ha! That amazing piece of work. I still listen to that on occasion, along with the one for Williams ! Great stuff Erik! Wish I could edit like that... shame

And this must be coincidence but I am currently listening to my favourite cues of Horner scores I own, 65 in total, one cue of each score and it's a blast !

Man he was brilliant during the 80s and 90s. I still prefer that sound above anything from the last 10 years. smile
  11. KevinSmith wrote

Yes, it was better than I thought it would be. Andrew Garfield is very charming in a nerdy kind of way. And of course, Horner's score works wonders in the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2012
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

Yes, it was better than I thought it would be. Andrew Garfield is very charming in a nerdy kind of way. And of course, Horner's score works wonders in the film.

Yeah, very entertaining, deeper character study and development as to who he is and why he did it all, great music. Much much better than the previous 3 crappy movies and this new Spiderman looks and feels much better than Tobby Mccrapuire.
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2012
    Album details for "For Greater Glory" over at Varèse Sarabande.

1. Entre La Luz Y El Pecado (4:09)
    2. The Death Of Padre Christopher (10:10)
    3. “We’re Cristeros Now” (3:23)  
    4. Goro And Tula (4:32)
    5. General Gorostieta (9:22) 
    6. The Dead City (8:03)
    7. “Men Will Fire Bullets, But God Decides Where They Land” (4:23)
    8. José Saves Catorce (3:22) 
    9. Ambush (4:49)
    10. A Bullet On The Floor (3:07)
    11. José’s Martyrdom (4:06)
    12. Death (2:22) 
    13. Cristeros (8:40)
    14. Just Another Chapter Of History (Closing Credits) (8:05) 

Looks delightfully promising so far!!smile
    Can't wait!! smile