• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Southall wrote
    People will be starting rumours!

That reminds me - did you see my PM and my offer?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009
    I am trying to understand your point....where does it say that one isn't allowed to talk about a score that has been released 6 months ago? Or even write a review about it? First time i hear that.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    I am trying to understand your point....where does it say that one isn't allowed to talk about a score that has been released 6 months ago? Or even write a review about it? First time i hear that.

Have I touched a nerve?

I'm trying to point out that I feel I can't contribute to a discussion on a score that's yet to be released but has been distributed between people. And where the majority of the discussion has already happened by the time people who are waiting patiently for the release to actually hear the CD. It's my problem - and I just feel I can't contribute to the board as much as I would like.

There is no rule banning discussions on music, there is no rule on writing reviews on music (god forbid even before it's released - that's what review copies are for) - I thought that I'd been clear enough that that wouldn't be assumed.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2009
    No, Alan, you are one of those people that never touch my nerves smile I am just wondering çause i don't see any discussions on older scores being ignored or burried or anything in that vein...in fact they're more than welcome, for 2 reasons: 1) if you delay your comments on a score, you're most likely to have formed a more coherent and spherical opinion to share which will naturally make for better discussion material and 2) most recent scores aren't really worth it, with very few exceptions.

So, feel free to contribute as in the past, it's irritating to see the majority of the discussions dominated by a certain amount of specific members only smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorantonios
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2009
    Well? favorites scores by James Horner????????????????
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    antonios wrote

Are you asking for peoples favourite Horner scores?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    antonios wrote

I think if you read through the entire thread you find your answers.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 16th 2009 edited
    Does Horner have more than one score out there??? rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Nautilus wrote

Yes. In fact, he's scored more than 100 films in his career.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

FAIL!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. From Tony Hinnigan...
    I spent the weekend in Abbey Road Studios recording stuff for a movie which I can't say anything about for fear of litigation etc. (Boring, but the movie isn't released until December in the USA and there will be plenty more to do on it before then).
    I turned up with the usual vehicle-load of flightcases and, at the last minute, lobbed in a few sets of plastic panpipes, tuneable with corks, which I hardly ever play.
    Guess what the first item on the agenda required? The plastic panpipes.
    I then spent two days screaming around on a Chris Abell high G whistle. I bought this from Chris a couple of years ago thinking it might come in handy at some point.
    The whistle did the job admirably and I'm still trying to get my hearing back. High G whistles are wonderful but, in your cans for two days....? .....Ouch!
    I went through the roof with instruments in an intense period of recording and, if anyone is interested in the other stuff used, e-mail me and I'll tell you!

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2009
    Antineutrino wrote
    From Tony Hinnigan...
    I spent the weekend in Abbey Road Studios recording stuff for a movie which I can't say anything about for fear of litigation etc. (Boring, but the movie isn't released until December in the USA and there will be plenty more to do on it before then).
    I turned up with the usual vehicle-load of flightcases and, at the last minute, lobbed in a few sets of plastic panpipes, tuneable with corks, which I hardly ever play.
    Guess what the first item on the agenda required? The plastic panpipes.
    I then spent two days screaming around on a Chris Abell high G whistle. I bought this from Chris a couple of years ago thinking it might come in handy at some point.
    The whistle did the job admirably and I'm still trying to get my hearing back. High G whistles are wonderful but, in your cans for two days....? .....Ouch!
    I went through the roof with instruments in an intense period of recording and, if anyone is interested in the other stuff used, e-mail me and I'll tell you!

No - it's obviously Alvin and the Chipmunks 2: Bust A Nut

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009
    Great to hear that.
    Of course, it's not yet official, but I'm quite sure that he's speaking about AVATAR... this project gets me excited more from day to day...
  4. I'm exited due to the fact James Camerin is BACK punk
    + the fact this could be an inspired Horner project

smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009 edited
    Erik Woods wrote

No - it's obviously Alvin and the Chipmunks 2: Bust A Nut

-Erik-

shocked biggrin dizzy cool

Oh yes god knows we need an inspired Horner project.

I have highest hopes for both movie and score. Two Jims you better not fail me, like you never did in the past when working together.

Roll on 16 december. beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2009
    It's been a while since Horner did his last blockbuster score so I'm definitely looking forward to this one! lick
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2009
    Hi there

Rumor has it, that Intrada is announcing another Horner limited realise coming monday: Something wicked this way comes.
    I really hope, that's true!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Is that a Disney score?
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    DemonStar wrote
    Is that a Disney score?

Yes, Horner wrote that for a Disney movie.
  5. BasilB wrote
    Hi there

Rumor has it, that Intrada is announcing another Horner limited realise coming monday: Something wicked this way comes.

that will be tuesday then, for us Belgians considering we are then still asleep wink
    but the title could be correct indeed
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Nice release! Perhaps Journey To Natty Gann might be coming sometime soon too (the boot is awful).

I read in the forums Douglass Fake also showed some interest towards Mulan too, though dunno how much time it'll take to show up wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    BasilB wrote
    Hi there

Would be great to also get Delerue's majestic rejected score.
  6. Southall wrote
    BasilB wrote
    Hi there

Would be great to also get Delerue's majestic rejected score.

perhaps they make a dual score out of it
    Horner and Delerue's side by side wink
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2009
    And it keeps going.
    After the rumor got spread about a possible re-realise of Horner's "Something wicked this way comes" from Intrada (announcement should be on monday, 4/27/2009; so stay tuned) another rumor es coming up about a possible realise of Horners creepy "Wolfen" or a longer "Brainstorm" realise from FSM!
    I really hope, this rumor turns out to be true! This would be a fantastic thing!

All best
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I wish they release a complete Horner's Titanic or Balto. I absolutely love these two!
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    Yeah, Balto would be great!
    A complete TITANIC would not appeal me too much, actually. With Titanic and Back to Titanic I think there is enough music released!
    I'm one of those, who appreciates good edited albums over overlong complete recordings (with exeptions of course).
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    How about just waiting and see what happens, eh?
    I am extremely serious.
  7. BasilB wrote
    ...or a longer "Brainstorm" realise from FSM!

The currently available CD for Brainstorm is, if I remember right, a re-recording. So if there is to be an expanded release of Brainstorm then it may be of the original tracks?

Again, if memory serves there's not that much extra of note that's already available.
  8. FalkirkBairn wrote
    BasilB wrote

The currently available CD for Brainstorm is, if I remember right, a re-recording. So if there is to be an expanded release of Brainstorm then it may be of the original tracks?

Again, if memory serves there's not that much extra of note that's already available.

whatever the case, if they find extra material that's really worth it, Bring it. Brainstorm is super Horner stuff
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    BasilB wrote

There isn't much to expand at all. A deluxe version could only really be the existing album plus the original score as used in the film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt