• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008
    Christodoulides wrote
    I don't think I'll revisit many times but yes, i certainly like it. .

I don't think an score wich you will not revisit many times is a Score you like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Plus, i can't see how ANY film music fan could remain unmoved by the grandeur of music like "Finale".
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I don't think an score wich you will not revisit many times is a Score you like.

No, i don't agree. It's on the mood. I absolutely adore WAR OF THE WORLDS for instance but i have to be in a specific mood to get to play it, a mood which i am not frequently at. It's a personal thing i think a lot of people share.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2008 edited
    Christodoulides wrote
    Plus, i can't see how ANY film music fan could remain unmoved by the grandeur of music like "Finale".

Mmm.....Sadly! This comment was unfortunate.

Until now you have been mature, now you have been a fan-boy. wink

Im not moved about how suddenly Raider's march ends and then Irina's theme Beggin. it's lazy.

About Marions theme, yes is touching, but I think it's nothing to die for.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

No, i don't agree. It's on the mood. I absolutely adore WAR OF THE WORLDS for instance but i have to be in a specific mood to get to play it, a mood which i am not frequently at. It's a personal thing i think a lot of people share.

Or UNITED 93. I truly feel that it's one of Powell's best scores to date and i really love that music but i cannot listen to it frequently.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote

It's Ok. Nice variation on Marion's theme - but the cut and paste end credits... yawn! However, the new Raiders March ending is a nice surprise.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    We had 80 comments about Indy 4, yes, we had!

So, because I'm not even in the phase of hearing the first one, I thought, lets do something else.

THE ASSASINATION OF JESSE JAmes by the... | nick cave & warren ellis

Love this score quite a bit. The buildup is great, with a finale where everything sort of blends in each other. Soft instruments, a bit slow and lonely feeling leads the score through various settings of melancholy and some sort of sadness. I don't really like the theme from Cowgirl though, something that puts me of. But then, Song for Bob!

I need to see this movie!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Mmm.....Sadly! This comment was unfortunate.

Until now you have been mature, now you have been a fan-boy.

Im not moved about how suddenly Raider's march ends and then Irina's theme Beggin. it's lazy.

About Marions theme, yes is touching, but I think it's nothing to die for.

Ah come on, listen to that. It has everything innit, class, melody, everything. It's not a matter of fanboy-isms here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

It's Ok. Nice variation on Marion's theme - but the cut and paste end credits... yawn! However, the new Raiders March ending is a nice surprise.

-Erik-

WELL SAID! beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Or UNITED 93. I truly feel that it's one of Powell's best scores to date and i really love that music but i cannot listen to it frequently.

TOUCHÉ.

agree. But KOTCS is not a "experience score" like the ones you writte above.

What can of mood you need to listen KOTCS Im curious. Seriously..
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote

I think you have to be in the right mood to listen to ANY music.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote

I think you have to be in the right mood to listen to ANY music.

-Erik-

Yeah, I just try to understand what thing from this score can make the diference.

Is a great adventure score? I don't think so. Is it a visceral score? nah. Dramatic? Ethcnic?

I don't find nothing to make a unique experience.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote
    I gave in. I've listened to it.

Then I am stronger than you! biggrin tongue

But what's this cut-and-paste problem people have with the last track?
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote

basically, yes.

But I also was enjoyed more a longer version of Irina's theme or a great reprise of the Skull's motif than 2 reprises of Marion's theme. Mutt's theme in this track is a little bit better, with acorddion that reminds me to Ratatoille ( Wich I don't know if it's good for an Indy movie :P )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote

The one weak part of the score (for me) sees one theme just stop and another start with no musical attempt to bridge them. It's a bit jarring.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote

The one weak part of the score (for me) sees one theme just stop and another start with no musical attempt to bridge them. It's a bit jarring.

Now you're talking... please, continue. wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote

Now you're talking... please, continue. wink

If I continue then it will only be to say how wonderful this score is. I've already listened to it more in a day than I've listened to Last Crusade (far weaker than this in my opinion - but still good!) in the last five years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    I hope "Departure" track will be played when a plane is flying over the field "signs" wich is showed in the trailer...It could be great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote

And..."Snake Pit" is another, right?

it's never funny, it's never energic. Far from the addictive moments from the first 3 scores...

How Erik Said, Please Continue... tongue
    • CommentAuthorJoseph Bat
    Southall wrote

If I continue then it will only be to say how wonderful this score is. I've already listened to it more in a day than I've listened to Last Crusade (far weaker than this in my opinion - but still good!) in the last five years.

Agreed. Wonderful score. Not as good as Raiders or Crusade, but better than Temple.

Joe
    • CommentAuthorKatiek
    Lover's Prayer by Joel McNeely (someone had to listen to something other than KotCS)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Joseph Bat wrote
    Southall wrote

Agreed. Wonderful score. Not as good as Raiders or Crusade, but better than Temple.

Joe

What nonsense are you spewing out?! There are only two scores better than Temple in Williams entire career and that's Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Empire Strikes Back.

Better than Temple... pfffft!

-Erik-
    Erik Woods wrote
    Joseph Bat wrote
    Southall wrote

Joe

What nonsense are you spewing out?! There are only two scores better than Temple in Williams entire career and that's Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Empire Strikes Back.

-Erik-

Not in my opinion.

Joe
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Joseph Bat wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Joseph Bat wrote
    Southall wrote

Joe

-Erik-

Not in my opinion.

Joe

dizzy

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDavid
    Woah! I'm really enjoying Crystal Skull, but better than TEMPLE!? No way! It wouldn't come close to Temple's quality with a ten foot pole.
    Temple is a great score. No doubt. Love the Mine Car Chase and Slave Children stuff, but its always been too dark for my taste. And too LOUD. It was like Williams said to the brass - blow your brains out when you play. And Short Round has always annoyed me.

Raiders and Crusade are my favorite Indy scores, and Skull is like both combined together. So I'm in heaven.

And Williams HAS wrote way more than two scores that are better than Temple. Now THAT'S cooky-talk saying otherwise!

Joe
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    Joseph Bat wrote
    Temple is a great score. but its always been too dark for my taste. And too LOUD. Joe

Yea, Because KOTCS is not dark or Loud.. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008
    Joseph Bat wrote
    And Williams HAS wrote way more than two scores that are better than Temple. Now THAT'S cooky-talk!

Joe

Hell no. The sheer size, the wealth of thematic material - new and old - the orchestrations, the action music, etc. Temple is a goddamn masterpiece and there isn't a note out of place in the complete score. From the brilliant opening dialogue music - those sneaky strings when the diamond and Nurhaci change hands - to one of the greatest end credit cues of all time... it's Williams in top form every step of the way. And good on Williams to tell the brass to blow their brains out... could have used more of it in Crystal Skull.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Joseph Bat wrote
    And Williams HAS wrote way more than two scores that are better than Temple. Now THAT'S cooky-talk!

Joe

Hell no. The sheer size, the wealth of thematic material - new and old - the orchestrations, the action music, etc. Temple is a goddamn masterpiece and there isn't a note out of place in the complete score. From the brilliant opening dialogue music - those sneaky strings when the diamond and Nurhaci change hands - to one of the greatest end credit cues of all time... it's Williams in top form every step of the way. And good on Williams to tell the brass to blow their brains out... could have used more of it in Crystal Skull.

-Erik-

Agree with Erik for second time today.

About KOTCS I almost saw a little light few hours ago, but Now I return to the completly "darkness".hehe

Dammed! the comical stuff is so annying...So annoying...

I almost can resume the good things of this score in 3 tracks : Jungle Chase, Temple Ruins and the secret reveled and Departure. rolleyes
    • CommentTimeMay 16th 2008 edited
    Nautilus wrote
    Joseph Bat wrote
    Temple is a great score. but its always been too dark for my taste. And too LOUD. Joe

Yea, Because KOTCS is not dark or Loud.. rolleyes

Where did I say KOTCS was not dark? My problem with Temple was it was very dark. KOTCS is not very dark.

Roll your eyes at yourself. Anyone with good ears can hear the difference between them.

Joe