• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

 
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009 edited
    I know. But i'd cheezburger her to say the truth. Yes, i know i am weird.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009
    Hey hon, doesn't your girl feed you? Strange... Greek women are supposed to be great cooks!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009
    Food? Not much; i am the cook of the house biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2009
    My man D.! beer
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    Hey Martijn,

    Mel just come back from Germany which also involved a two day visit to Amsterdam and has brought me back some Gouda.

    Goudse Kaas Jong 48+

    ( Gouda cheese young? ) Does the 48+ mean much?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Mel just come back from Germany which also involved a two day visit to Amsterdam and has brought me back some Gouda.

    Amsterdam? You sure cheese is the only thing she´s brought back? cool
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    It's a measurement of the amount of fat.
    Young 48+ cheese consists for 58% of dry matter.
    48+ means there's 48% fat in that dry matter: so 100 grams of 48+ cheese would contain about 28 grams of fat (48% of 58%)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Thanks!

    I look forward to eating it......it needs some fridge time after all the travelling it's done today. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Mel just come back from Germany which also involved a two day visit to Amsterdam and has brought me back some Gouda.

    Amsterdam? You sure cheese is the only thing she´s brought back? cool


    A fridge magnet, tulip bulbs, some cookies......




    ........COOKIES!?????... shocked
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Thanks!

    I look forward to eating it......it needs some fridge time after all the travelling it's done today. smile


    Gouda is OK, but not my favourite Dutch cheese by a long shot.
    The cannonball shape is world-renowned, though. cool
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    I've always loved Gouda ( not my favourite cheese by a long way but lovely nevertheless ), What is your favourite Martijn?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    A fridge magnet, tulip bulbs, some cookies......




    ........COOKIES!?????... shocked

    biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2009
    I had vegetable soup today. Boring.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    I've always loved Gouda ( not my favourite cheese by a long way but lovely nevertheless ), What is your favourite Martijn?


    That's why you're my friend; well, at least one of the many reasons wink



    I'm in love with Gouda here!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009
    Tim, did you cook the Kleftiko? Is there any other reciepe I can send you?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009
    No, I still haven't done it yet but I do intend to. I'm waiting for the right moment because I'd like to invite some friends around to ( hopefully ) enjoy it with me, one of whom is a Greek friend so I think I'd better get it right!? freezing wink

    I really will let you know when I do it. smile
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeAug 27th 2009
    Thor wrote
    I had vegetable soup today. Boring.


    You need this. Nothing will be boring henceforth.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009
    Vegetable soup is never boring if you make it yourself, even if you buy the tinned / carton variety it can always be spiced up. ( as per example above )
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Vegetable soup is never boring if you make it yourself, even if you buy the tinned / carton variety it can always be spiced up. ( as per example above )


    I always do that. Use the store-bought thing in a bag as base, and then add vegetables. It's still boring. However, I've gotten a taste for minestrone soup, which - if you add torn cheese on top and have garlic bread on the side - is quite good.

    I'm not really a "soup guy", though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2009
    I love soup. Especially when I make it myself, but there are some pretty nice soups in the supermarkets these days (the Covent Garden ones, or whatever they're called).

    The nicest soup I ever had was in Disney World of all places. Canadian cheddar cheese soup. Made with strong cheese, cream, beer and bacon. Sounds awful (and not terribly healthy!) but was truly sensational.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009
    White rice, Tikka massala and chopped "meat filets" (not sure about the English word) today. That's definitely NOT boring! A lovely Estrella beer as beverage.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009
    Chicken Tikka Masala....Mmmmmmm lick A fine British dish cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Chicken Tikka Masala....Mmmmmmm lick A fine British dish cool


    I actually didn't use chicken this time, but swine (pork?). Worked wonders too. British dish, you say?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009
    Yes it is.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Not really a food, but I'm sitting here drinking a glass of Talisker - a "Distiller's Edition" - that's gone through the usual barelling in bourboun oak barrels and then transferred to amoroso sherry casks for a few extra years.

    Yum!

    We did the Talisker distillery tour when we were on holiday...such lovely aromas! But, as I was driving, Anne had to have the majority of the free sample. lick
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Yes it is.


    Oh. Something from the Empire days, then?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009
    Nah! Very 1970's.

    I'm sure you could find out it's origins on google?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Nah! Very 1970's.

    I'm sure you could find out it's origins on google?


    Why google when we have you, Timmer, the Mr. Google of maintitles? wink
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 5th 2009
    I'll wear my title with pride cool :Mutley from Dick Dastardly emoticon:
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2009
    Chicken tikka masala was invented as a curry which would appeal to the British palette (I use that word knowing the torrent of abuse that will come forth from our Dutch correspondent if he steps into this thread). Not too spicy, nice creamy texture, and it has become by far the most popular curry over here. It's not my first choice (which would be the mighty bhuna) but it is in my top three (along with the dopiaza). Don't like over-hot things myself.