Categories
Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.
food food food.........
-
- CommentAuthorThor
- CommentTimeSep 11th 2009 edited
Chicken Wok today - chopped chicken filet, noodles, broccoli, cauliflower, paprika, onions, squash and champignons. Boil the noodles, broccoli and cauliflower. Fry the rest. Mix at the end and eat. Beer for beverage. Mmmmm....I am extremely serious. -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
Crumbs but that sounds good!? It doesn't help that my stomach is growling in hunger right now.On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorThor
- CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
Timmer wrote
Crumbs but that sounds good!? It doesn't help that my stomach is growling in hunger right now.
Sorry. You're not close to a cooking facility?I am extremely serious. -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
I am! But I haven't done weekend shopping so I'm low on supplies except for stuff like cheese and bread.On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorThor
- CommentTimeSep 11th 2009 edited
Timmer wrote
I am! But I haven't done weekend shopping so I'm low on supplies except for stuff like cheese and bread.
It'll be cheese toasts then!I am extremely serious. -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
Lovely
But actually I popped over the local shop and bought a can of tuna and some sweetcorn so I'll make my own tuna mayo with salad in a french stick.On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorSouthall
- CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
You'll waste away! Hope you're having some proper food later. -
- CommentAuthorThor
- CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
Timmer wrote
Lovely
But actually I popped over the local shop and bought a can of tuna and some sweetcorn so I'll make my own tuna mayo with salad in a french stick.
In a french what?I am extremely serious. -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
Crusty French bread.On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
Southall wrote
You'll waste away! Hope you're having some proper food later.
I slipped up in my healthy eating big time last week. A session at the pub weakened me beyond self-restraint and I had 3 pieces + large fries + tub of BBQ beans all courtesy of KFC.
On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
...it were bloody delicious though
On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorSteven
- CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
I'm having medium-rare sirloin steak with blue cheese sauce, lightly roasted potatoes, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and ciabatta bread on the side toasted with garlic rubbed on it. So yeah, to hell with student stereotypes. -
- CommentAuthorSouthall
- CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
Hmm. I'm having chicken in a tomato-based sauce with potatoes. To hell with actuary stereotypes. -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeSep 11th 2009
I feel like killing you.On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorDemetris
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
Thor wrote
Timmer wrote
I am! But I haven't done weekend shopping so I'm low on supplies except for stuff like cheese and bread.
It'll be cheese toasts then!
Yeah, healthy stuff. :shrug:Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders. -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
Yeah....but tasty!
On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorMartijn
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009 edited
Timmer wrote
I feel like killing you.
And eating him, presumably?
Went out to dinner in a restaurant for a friend's birthday yesterday.
He's a smashing bloke and we always have the best time, but his tastes are rather expensive (he does like the finer things in life, bless 'im), so when the bill came I realized the rest of the month is going to be cheese on toast for me as well.
(I'm not complaining one bit: we always have the best time, and he even had bought me a lovely present for my birthday).
EDIT: just realized this is the Food thread, not the Friday Night one, so I better talk a bit about the food then, I guess!
Well, there were five courses (well balanced in quantity...otherwise I'd feel seriously stuffed by now), best of which was a superbly roasted tuna steak (not being the biggest fish fan I really like tuna best when it tastes like the softest meat you've ever had) on a bed of stir-fried baby corn and spring onion: very pure tastes, very delicately seasoned. And then there was an exquisite bit of deer steak with a tomato salsa with basil and -weirdly- potatoes with cumin and tajin (Moroccan flavours!). It worked a treat! (Especially with the red Spanish wine of which the name escapes me in an alcoholic haze).
Of course the cheese platter, with clover-and-honey-cheese bits was nothing to scoff at either.
It was just lovely!'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
Sounds fantastic Martijn. ( except the Deer meat....not a big fan of gamey meat )
p.s. Now that my stomach is satisfied I no longer want to kill Steven.On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorDemetris
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
How much did it cost? Sounds good indeed!Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders. -
- CommentAuthorThor
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009 edited
A decent hangover dinner as a McDonald's alternative: Spiced-up "neck cutlets" (or whatever it's called in English) on a bed of sliced potatoes and onions. Put in the oven for 40-50 minutes. Simple salad as accessory - feta, salad, cucumber, paprika. Coca Cola for beverage.I am extremely serious. -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
Weird! I have a real craving for a coke right now and yet I hardly ever drink the stuff.On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorErik Woods
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
Every Saturday I make breakfast for the entire family. I love breakfast. If I could I would open a breakfast joint. If I could I would eat breakfast three times a day. I love eggs, I love toast, I love jam, I love bacon, I love back bacon, I love sausage, I love brown beans, I love home fries, etc.
Anyway, I go pretty light on breakfast during the week so I can really go for it on the weekend. What I create is something called the BIG ERIK that is served at my favorite pub just down the street. Yes, its really called the BIG ERIK. Now, I've modified it slightly but essentially what this is is one big greasy breakfast that gets you through the day until supper.
3 eggs (sunny side up), 2 pieces of brown toast, a gigantic ladle full of brown beans, 2 Italian sausages (not a fan of typical breakfast sausage), 2 pieces of back bacon, 3 pieces of regular bacon, home fries (with ketchup), coffee and orange juice.
Good lord that's good eatin'
-Erik-host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS! -
- CommentAuthorSouthall
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
Sounds good! (Though I don't know what home fries are.) I also love a good, proper breakfast. But my favourite part is the sausage (they have to be really good ones). -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009 edited
Sounds FANTASTIC Erik.....and not a million miles from what I had today.
Every Saturday is food treat day for me where I'll eat what the hell I like, so I had...
Crispy fried potatoes, potatoes cut into small chunks and par-boiled to fluff them a bit then fried in the frying pan occassionally turning them over.
3 rashers of bacon done so the fatty bits crisp up.
2 eggs sunny side up sprinkled with crushed black pepper.
2 fat pork sausages from my organic butchers.
Mushrooms fried in the bacon fat.
Two rounds of wholemeal toast.
...and a mug of tea.
I quite often have beans too but I didn't bother today.On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorSouthall
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
I'm passing out with jealousy of you both.
To make matters worse, one of my neighbours is having a BBQ and it smells FANTASTIC.
All I've got is pizza. Good job I love pizza! -
- CommentAuthorErik Woods
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
Home Fries - Potatoes cut into cubes, fried in olive oil over medium heat for twenty minutes. Nice and crispy!
Dinner tonight is BBQ skinless bone-in chicken breast with a nice Jamaican rub. Basic BBQ roasted potatoes, grilled chopped veg (zucchini, sweet peppers, asparagus and red onion with veg spice and olive oil) and a nice green salad! I need to go to the beer store to get some nice Belgian beer or an apricot ale to go with it.
Yum!
-Erik-host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS! -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
Jamaican Rub. I'm guessing this is Jerk Chicken!?On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt -
- CommentAuthorErik Woods
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009 edited
Timmer wrote
Jamaican Rub. I'm guessing this is Jerk Chicken!?
Actually, no. I create a rub about 20 minutes before I put the chicken on, rub it in really good and then BBQ. No marinating required. Come out nice and earthy with a good bit of sweet and spice.
-Erik-host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS! -
- CommentAuthorDemetris
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
Stop it damn it. There are people who are trying NOT to eat at night and therefore not DISCUSS or read discussions on food at night! Nor watch food and cooking tv shows at night. And stuff.Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders. -
- CommentAuthorTimmer
- CommentTimeSep 12th 2009
Ahhhh! Sounds tasty
On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
